Larian Studios
Posted By: Sairalinde CO OP BUG - 1 Player stops moving - 30/05/20 02:45 PM
Hi guys,
Me and two of my friends bought the game on steam with much expectations but this bug is driving us crazy. After we start the game at prologue(We started from beggining like 25-30 times) at some point one of our friend stops moving(always the same friend) He says he is moving according to him but we cant see him move and also he cant interract with the enviroment. When we click to his portrait, we see him in a all black area. This always happen at random points. 2-3 times we have been able to reach the island. But the same thing happened again. We tried to save and load, reinstalling the game or verifying the game data. We dont want to refund the game because it seems so good. Please give us a solution.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: LostSoul Re: CO OP BUG - 1 Player stops moving - 30/05/20 03:24 PM
Hey. So you have all reinstalled. Verfied game files. Have the exact same version of the game. Are all playing definite edition. Have no internet issues. Have suitable hardware and updated drivers. It happens when another person hosts the game? Can a different person join without problem? Can your friend play solo without problems?
Then the problem is above my pay grade..very sorry.. it's a great game
Posted By: LostSoul Re: CO OP BUG - 1 Player stops moving - 30/05/20 03:27 PM
And are not using any mods (including giftbags)
Posted By: Sairalinde Re: CO OP BUG - 1 Player stops moving - 30/05/20 03:47 PM
Man we tried a lot of things. We have 4 hours of playtime and could not pass prologue lol. We dont have any mods. Tried both definitive and classic. Games are the same version. Only 1 of my friend has this bug the other one and myself are able to play smoothly. Its strange that he played solo for 15-20 min no problem there. His drivers are updated. When we switch to my other friends host, we was able to play a little longer and passed to the island but it eventually happened again.
Thanks for the answers anyway! We are desperate for a solution :/
Posted By: Raze Re: CO OP BUG - 1 Player stops moving - 31/05/20 12:08 AM

This sounds like a desync issue, possibly due to a high network latency / lag. It may help to close any other applications that may increase latency or use bandwidth (vpn, browsers, chat apps, etc).

If the person with the issue hosts the game, do you and the other friend have the same problem?

Does it help (at least temporarily) if the host opens the party management screen and switches which person is controlling which character, and then swaps them back?

Did your friend try disconnecting and rejoining?
Posted By: Sairalinde Re: CO OP BUG - 1 Player stops moving - 31/05/20 10:19 AM
We solved it.
We installed Hamachi and created the lobby as LAN and he opened the game as administrator. It worked, but we dont know which one of did it so we are using both everyitme now lol
Thanks anyway for the help.
© Larian Studios forums