Larian Studios
Posted By: Zguilvozh Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 31/07/20 07:20 AM
Hi all!

We are experiencing a game crash whenever we end the Qanna fight. After she finishes summoning her skeletons (and their skeletons finish summoning skeletons) we reach a point where killing either one skeleton or Qanna crashes the game. We assume it is because of the sheer number of skeletons being unsummoned from the game. Also, if we leave the area, the summoned skeletons disappear and the game crashes aswell.

Here is the link with the save

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XCtVmk8hGYQxZW0dp5_DE3VLKQcNaxNZ/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated
Posted By: Raze Re: Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 31/07/20 07:39 AM

This is a known issue (with the last update), and there is a patch in the process of being finalised for testing. The number of summons isn't the issue, but the crash is related to enemy summons (mostly with this fight).
I sent a request for access to the save.

EDIT: I emailed back a save after ending combat in the developer build of the game.
Posted By: Zguilvozh Re: Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 31/07/20 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Raze

This is a known issue (with the last update), and there is a patch in the process of being finalised for testing. The number of summons isn't the issue, but the crash is related to enemy summons (mostly with this fight).
I sent a request for access to the save.

EDIT: I emailed back a save after ending combat in the developer build of the game.

Thank you very much Raze! Tested the save and works perfectly now.

One last thing: should we expect these kind of problems in the future?
Posted By: caninelegion Re: Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 31/07/20 07:08 PM
Expect it when cutting the wedding cake for sure.

You might also have an issue when fighting the demons on Blood Island that are located on the beach near the transporter.
Posted By: Raze Re: Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 31/07/20 11:22 PM

For the demons in that fight, it should be easier to work around the issue, if you encounter it, by using CC or focusing on killing them quickly. There is a fight in Arx where a couple of people have reported a crash sometimes when a particular opponent uses a specific skill.
Posted By: caninelegion Re: Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 01/08/20 09:19 PM
Yeah - it happens with blood spit and only two of them use it so, focus on killing those two quickly and you are fine.

In Arx, does that also involve demons? If so, that would explain why I haven't had issues (that I remember, anyway) there - the demons don't attack me, generally because I completed the sewer missions prior to their trigger.

There's a work around with Qanna too - kill her while she's still petrified and no issue. I don't know if there is an EP difference or not but it likely isn't significant even if you get less using the work around. Really, I don't think EPs are earned killing summons.
Posted By: Raze Re: Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 02/08/20 12:26 AM

The Arx fight I was referring to is after Kemm's garden.
Alexandar in the horror sleep arena fight, casting Ritual of Madness: I tried a save that would crash when he used the skill the next turn, but having a character summon an incarnate nearby would get him to switch targets to the incarnate, which wouldn't crash (don't know if that was just switching targets that helped, or the incarnate vs character specifically); one person with this problem reported being able to CC/focus Alexandar to kill him before the turn he would use the skill, and when he respawned after that, it did not cause a crash when he cast the skill
Posted By: caninelegion Re: Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 02/08/20 10:54 PM
That's one that hasn't affected me in my two post upgrade play throughs.
Posted By: slowmoe30 Re: Game crashes during Qanna Battle - 30/04/23 01:45 PM
Hello - hate to resurrect the thread, game crashes in Qanna fight here still.
One of the larger skeletons (charmed) attacks but does not kill Qanna, and at end of turn is the crash.
Perhaps an issue with registering several skeletons changing sides?
Unfortunately I am Honor Mode and had a death just before so I'm stuck watching a loop. Like above would love to send file, not sure how to?
© Larian Studios forums