Larian Studios
Posted By: Volsungh Teleport to different Level ? - 26/10/17 04:48 PM
Hey

I followed the guide to make a Teleport, but whenever I target a source on a different Level, it will not work. How can I teleport from Fort Joy towards a new Level ?
Posted By: Windemere Re: Teleport to different Level ? - 26/10/17 05:32 PM
Make sure whatever object you are targeting as the teleport destination is set to 'global' in its properties, if you haven't already.
Posted By: Volsungh Re: Teleport to different Level ? - 26/10/17 05:57 PM
It is already Global. I could select it in the Editor, but after so the Editor log says that it is not possible to source teleport towards a different level. And when I try it in game it does not work.
Posted By: Tinkerer Re: Teleport to different Level ? - 27/10/17 09:01 PM
In a previous post I suggested this would work, but it indeed does not. The only way to teleport to a new level is to use the Osiris story call CharacterTeleportPartiesToTrigger() and its movie-playing related variations.

To trigger this by using an item, set the item's action to send an Osiris event, and use the following story code:
Code
IF
CharacterUsedItem(_Player,ITEMGUID_YourTeleportItem_GUID)
THEN
CharacterTeleportPartiesToTrigger(TRIGGERGUID_YourDestinationTrigger_GUID,"");

To get the ITEMGUID_YourTeleportItem_GUID, select the teleport item, then right-click in the main editor window and select "Copy Type_Name_GUID"). Same for the trigger.

For a tutorial on how to make a basic story, see https://docs.larian.game/Tutorial_-_Implementing_a_Basic_Quest#Building_Your_First_Story.
Posted By: Cromcrom Re: Teleport to different Level ? - 27/10/17 09:42 PM
And be aware that ALL the party will go to another level, a single player cannot go to a level, while the others stay in another.
© Larian Studios forums