Larian Studios
Posted By: Tiqon Bridge that you can walk under, how? - 02/11/17 02:29 PM
Hi I'm working on a project where I have a path that goes under a hanging bridge.

The AI dont like this though. I can't even AI paint under the bridge.

Ideas are welcome... I have tried all the "see through" "Walk trough" options.

pics:

1: How it looks.
2: Should be plenty of room under the bridge.
3. How the AI treats it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Windemere Re: Bridge that you can walk under, how? - 02/11/17 02:40 PM
The engine really only uses two dimensional AI so you can't have terrain that is walkable in two different places on the same vertical slice. You need to choose whether someone can walk on the bridge or underneath it, you can't do both. If you want to walk underneath, remove the "Walk On" checkbox and regenerate AI.
Posted By: Tiqon Re: Bridge that you can walk under, how? - 02/11/17 02:46 PM
Thanks Windemere. I was afraid that was the answer... When GMing I can just zap the players under so I think I will stick to that. Maybe I could even make a kind of teleport from one side to the other (under the bridge, I need a npc on the bridge)... hmm
Posted By: morez Re: Bridge that you can walk under, how? - 02/11/17 03:07 PM
There was a workaround. With ladders - also semi vertical / horizontal/ diagonal - you can pass normally unpassable terrain. I already was thinking if it wasn't possible to create invisible horizontal ladders with walking animation instead. Or my personal favorite would be an invisible make leap object, which would work like a ladder but instead performing thr leap animation.

This way wouldnt be able to stop under your bridge but have to watch the animation until character arrives again in the green walkable area.

Just as an idea. Maybe try with a horizontal ladder first,, probably it will be messy and charcacter will climb up an invisible wall to your bridge instead of surpassing it . But maybe fiddle around a bit and you might be successful.
Posted By: Tiqon Re: Bridge that you can walk under, how? - 02/11/17 03:12 PM
HAHAHA! I just pictured a hero closing in on the bridge and bowing down to crawl on all 4 under the bridge to the other side and standing up.

That sounds like an idea to try out, thanks morez.
Posted By: frankffs Re: Bridge that you can walk under, how? - 14/03/20 03:53 AM
Just try different solutions. Maybe the two cliffs have ramps on each side to allow the player to go through a shallow part of the river?
The problem you have is actually an engine limitation.
But the editor is great and does a wonderful job at other things.
Cheer up!
© Larian Studios forums