Larian Studios
Posted By: Mint Finkeldove Weekly updates? - 20/06/19 06:04 AM
What kind of timeline for updates are we looking at?

Last week was huge with the news of BG3 and we know it's been in developement for awhile already. So how about some little bit of info or a video every week or every other week?

We are thirsty for more info and can't wait to see the gameplay!
Posted By: aerendhil Re: Weekly updates? - 20/06/19 07:34 AM
Yeah, a few screenshots would definitely be nice to look at and liven up this forum.
Posted By: Nobody_Special Re: Weekly updates? - 20/06/19 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Gamespot
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-baldurs-gate-3-aims-to-do-what-no-other-rp/1100-6467440/

What are you're expecting to come out of the official announcement?

SV: We wanted to talk about it because we've been very bad at keeping it a secret, so that's been clear. We want to start talking to our community also. We've made all of our games together with the community. This will be no different. Obviously, we'll have the entire Dungeons & Dragons community also that we will start engaging with and somehow, together, we're going to evolve towards the RPG that it deserves to be.

Dear Larian Studios or to whom this may concern.

When is this going to happen? Do we have a Community Manager yet?
Posted By: Sordak Re: Weekly updates? - 20/06/19 11:56 AM
chances are theyll start posting more at a later date, hype management is a science of its own
Posted By: shmerl Re: Weekly updates? - 20/06/19 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
Do we have a Community Manager yet?

I second that. I posted a few questions that weren't answered yet. Would be at least to good to know, if developers for example can't answer them, or may be they haven't even seen them to begin with.
Posted By: Artagel Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 03:05 AM
I'd like to 3rd it!

So excited!

Do we even know if it's going to be top down isometric??
Posted By: Raze Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 07:16 AM

Currently the focus is shifting back to hunkering down and working on the game. There will be more details 'soon', but for now I think the various interviews covered most of the information we are ready to talk about.
Posted By: Archaven Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
Originally Posted by Gamespot
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-baldurs-gate-3-aims-to-do-what-no-other-rp/1100-6467440/

What are you're expecting to come out of the official announcement?

SV: We wanted to talk about it because we've been very bad at keeping it a secret, so that's been clear. We want to start talking to our community also. We've made all of our games together with the community. This will be no different. Obviously, we'll have the entire Dungeons & Dragons community also that we will start engaging with and somehow, together, we're going to evolve towards the RPG that it deserves to be.

Dear Larian Studios or to whom this may concern.

When is this going to happen? Do we have a Community Manager yet?

i have been following sven all the time since beginning of DOS. Sven has always been the main figure. I watch all (if not most) of the kickstarter updates. I don't recall seeing any other CM.

I think Sven personally would be enough as one.
Posted By: vometia Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 03:23 PM
Technically speaking, Raze is the CM, just to drop him right in it. biggrin But there's only one Raze and there's the Steam forums to be dealt with. D:
Posted By: kanisatha Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 05:51 PM
Seriously? You guys believe it is useful to pay attention to the Steam forum? That place is as much of a cesspool and viper pit as anything can possibly be.
Posted By: shmerl Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Raze

Currently the focus is shifting back to hunkering down and working on the game. There will be more details 'soon', but for now I think the various interviews covered most of the information we are ready to talk about.

May be I missed it, did any of them mention your Linux development plans for BG3 (given your Stadia announcement and all), or that's one of the undecided topics?
Posted By: vometia Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Seriously? You guys believe it is useful to pay attention to the Steam forum? That place is as much of a cesspool and viper pit as anything can possibly be.

I'm not entirely sure that's what I was suggesting. I saw a Steam forum the other day. Horrible creatures.
Posted By: Bukke Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by kanisatha

I'm not entirely sure that's what I was suggesting. I saw a Steam forum the other day. Horrible creatures.

Replace 'Camelot' with 'the Steam forums' and you're golden. wink
Posted By: Nobody_Special Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 08:05 PM
Thinking about how Swen says he wants to show how things work rather than tell us. Is the PC version of the game going to be released at the same time as the Stadia version? And will both have the same capabilities as far as to Game, Editor, Tools, GM mode? Do they have to wait until Stadia is released before they show any of the gameplay? Could mean we won't see anything until September.

Edit: Found some information on whether Stadia will be different than PC.

https://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cbs-News-PC-Baldurs-Gate-3-Larian-Interview-Stadia-23529205.html

CBS: "Baldur's Gate 3" comes out for Stadia - Swen, you once said that it will be deeply rooted in the game. What does this mean, will there be special stadia features, will other players control enemies?
Swen: There will be special community features because Stadia allows us a lot of things ...
CBS: Who are there?
Swen (laughs): Well, there are some that you might think of yourself and some are not. I learned about Stadia about a year ago on the last E3 and I wanted to be there right away. My idea was that if I could send someone a link that would allow me to get into my campaign right away so we could continue playing together, then more people will play my game! It's going to be so much easier to split games you're gambling on. Especially with role-plays, there are often reservations because they seem too complex to people. But once they are in, they like it then. And so you can get excited about them very quickly and that's why I like Stadia so much and we strongly support that.
When we saw a demo of Stadia last year at Gamescom, it was an eye-opener even on the bad Wi-Fi network. We immediately thought that this could have a great future. It's a pioneering technology because you do not have to install anything anymore, you do not need powerful hardware anymore. It democratizes gaming in a way, because you do not need a super expensive PC to play games in the highest resolutions.
Posted By: Mint Finkeldove Re: Weekly updates? - 21/06/19 09:34 PM
Ok thanks Raze. You guys kinda dropped a huge bomb on us but said so little lol.

Will keep watching for updates. Heck, even a monthly blog would be ok, albeit too long to wait in between. wink
Posted By: Nobody_Special Re: Weekly updates? - 03/07/19 04:12 PM
hmm. We need something to talk about. Someone go capture Swen in the iron flask and keep him there until he spills the bean about Baldur's Gate 3. silly (just a note we could use a BG3 emoji like div has.)
© Larian Studios forums