Larian Studios
Posted By: DayVlad73 Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 01/08/20 07:05 PM
Hey we're excited for Baldurs gate 3 we specifically went out to get a PC today for this game.does anybody know when in August it's supposed to be out???
Nobody knows. But hopefully they follow the same philosophy "release when it is ready" even for EA standards. The game still needs a lot of optimization and improvements given what we've seen in demos
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 01/08/20 10:57 PM
As far as I know, August is still not certain. So it might release in August, it might slip to a later date.
Posted By: tyrecies Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 01/08/20 11:12 PM
I sure hope it is not August of 2021. :)
Posted By: neongreg Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 01/08/20 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Nobody knows. But hopefully they follow the same philosophy "release when it is ready" even for EA standards. The game still needs a lot of optimization and improvements given what we've seen in demos

I don't think we're watching the same demos dude
Posted By: Alodar Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 01/08/20 11:47 PM
I'm pretty sure they will release the Maybe-th of August.
Posted By: DayVlad73 Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 01:07 AM
All I want to know is did my wife and I waste thirteen hundred bucks
Posted By: Raze Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 01:17 AM

There will be an announcement when an exact date can be revealed.
With the 'maybe August' timeframe, there would have been less need for the 'maybe' if we were aiming for the beginning of August.
Posted By: neongreg Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 01:49 AM
Nah I'm sure they'll say something within the the week
Posted By: Dagless Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by DayVlad73
All I want to know is did my wife and I waste thirteen hundred bucks

No. You may have wasted whatever interest you can earn on $1300 over maybe a month or two, which is probably single figures, unless you just bought an absolutely ludicrously expensive diamond encrusted PC.

That’s only if you have nothing else do to with your new purchase except play Baldurs Gate 3.

And it’s still only August 2nd.
Posted By: Sven_ Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 10:51 AM
Does anybody know on which machines the presentations were running on so far? Even if it'll be August, that's a curiously short time window with no specs released yet whatsoever.
Posted By: etonbears Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by neongreg
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

I don't think we're watching the same demos dude

The demos certainly look good, so far.

But, we have seen only a part of any EA release; I would assume that the EA content needs to be finalised. Also, we can guess that the demos were on high-spec machines, so optimisation for lower specs may be required.

Most importantly, the demos have crashed. Even for EA, there needs to be a level of certainty that crashes will be rare.
Posted By: DayVlad73 Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 01:34 PM
That's what I was thinking bro hence the reason why we ascertained the PC.
Posted By: Bukke Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Sven_
Does anybody know on which machines the presentations were running on so far? Even if it'll be August, that's a curiously short time window with no specs released yet whatsoever.

If they haven't released any official statements regarding recommended specs I think your best bet is to use Divinity: Original Sin 2 as a comparison.
Please don't take this as a definitive answer, but for what it's worth it's probably the closest thing we currently have.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bukke

If they haven't released any official statements regarding recommended specs I think your best bet is to use Divinity: Original Sin 2 as a comparison.

I would add a decent amount on top - especially now, D:OS2 got some decent amount of optimisation, and I don't expect BG3 EA, or even 1.0 to get same amount of love, not to mention that higher visual fidelity will most likely come with higher requirements as well.
Posted By: Bukke Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Wormerine

I would add a decent amount on top - especially now, D:OS2 got some decent amount of optimisation, and I don't expect BG3 EA, or even 1.0 to get same amount of love, not to mention that higher visual fidelity will most likely come with higher requirements as well.

That's definitely true, but I still think it's a decent idea to use DOS2 as a baseline. Unless your PC only meets the bare minimum requirement for that DOS2 I imagine you should be able to run BG3.
Posted By: Alodar Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 07:00 PM

Please don't take this as a definitive answer, but for what it's worth it's probably the closest thing we currently have.

With all due respect this is very bad advice.

The visual fidelity and engine capabilities shown of BG3 are leaps and bounds above DOS2.

The simple answer is we don't know.
Posted By: neongreg Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 07:01 PM
I imagine it will be about the same as BG2
Posted By: Sven_ Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Alodar

The visual fidelity and engine capabilities shown of BG3 are leaps and bounds above DOS2.

It likely won't be Flight Simulator 2020 specs, but I've posted my personal estimates here -- not sure about the Phenoms plus 4 gigs of RAM as minimum though.

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=668908#Post668908

It's just a bit strange that there's no news as to the game's specs yet, though. Sure, optimization is an ongoing process, but if the EA release is due in the coming weeks, then they should have a decent enough picture to post system estimates by now. The DOS requirements have been rather vague and not very specific all along though -- Core i5 and i7 include a very wide range of chips years and several performance levels apart.
Posted By: Alodar Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 02/08/20 10:21 PM

It likely won't be Flight Simulator 2020 specs, but I've posted my personal estimates here -- not sure about the Phenoms plus 4 gigs of RAM as minimum though.

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=668908#Post668908

It's just a bit strange that there's no news as to the game's specs yet, though. Sure, optimization is an ongoing process, but if the EA release is due in the coming weeks, then they should have a decent enough picture to post system estimates by now. The DOS requirements have been rather vague and not very specific all along though -- Core i5 and i7 include a very wide range of chips years and several performance levels apart.

Well we know it will run on Stadia which is roughly the equivalent of a GeForce GTX 2080 graphics card.
If your PC is is running a GTX 2080 you should be confident it will run Baldur's Gate 3.

Posted By: Sven_ Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 03/08/20 01:11 PM

If your PC is is running a GTX 2080 you should be confident it will run Baldur's Gate 3.

Imagine it wouldn't. laugh
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 09/08/20 06:41 PM
For those who missed it: early access didn't make it for August. Larian claims it will be there soon though. More news will be released on August 18th
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 18/08/20 06:34 PM
September 30th!
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 18/08/20 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lotrotk
September 30th!

Unless optimisation takes more time. And Larian keeps adding talking brains.
September 30th or a bit later which makes me think that BG3 will come out fully in January or in February
Posted By: DrunkPunk Re: Early Access does ANYONE know when??? - 18/08/20 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
September 30th or a bit later which makes me think that BG3 will come out fully in January or in February

It'll most likely be at least a year after EA before this game fully releases. I suspect it may take them longer given covid and a bigger scope.
True if we did not have covid we might have been getting BG3 by the end of this year
© Larian Studios forums