Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#238910 27/05/04 06:14 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Can anyone give me some hints on where to find the sword that the ranaar want you to combine with the red gem? The ranaar says you need a magic sword from the temple blacksmith. I've tried talking to him and bringing him a magical sword but nothing seems to work.

"I pity the fool!" The immense wisdom of Mr T.
He will make you a magical sword. Just talk to him and he will tell you that he needs some ore. Just for the record, there are both a merchant close to the entrance and the smith further into the building. It is the smith you need to speak to

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I talked to him but that option didn't show up. I'm already carrying the exotic ore so maybe if I drop it before I speak to him it might be there.

Yep try that

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Nope that didn't work. I don't know if this is part of the problem but none of the ranaar quests are showing up in the diary and won't even if I keep talking to them.

Support
Support
The Raanaar quests were not showing up for me in the log either, but I didn't have any trouble with them. However, I had seen reports of others running into problems getting quest items before the quest, so did not enter the mine before I had the quest.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So it might not be able to complete the quest? Oh well, maybe I'll get it on a second run-through. thanks for the help.

Last edited by chrishan; 27/05/04 07:33 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I got the ore long before the quest two games ago and had no problems. That was 1.44 not 1.45.

Reality is for those who cannot cope with fantasy. Fortunately, I can cope quite well.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm still on 1.44 but I've noticed that now, no quests are appearing in my diary. is there any chance this could be that data corruption that they were talking about when I downloaded 1.44. I was in the battlefields when i got it and it said there may be some corruption if you came out in a different place to where you went in. I came out at the same place so I thought there wasn't a problem. Maybe I was wrong.

veteran
veteran
Quest entries for Raanaar quests are buggy. If your smith does not react - have you tried to drop the ore outside his house and not near him?

There are a few other quests not showing up in Act 3/showing up too late - e.g. "strange teleportations".

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard