Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#256134 22/07/04 12:19 AM
C
chud Offline OP
OP Offline
C
according to desdemona's site (which i love, btw) hammer is an area effect spell. is that correct? i thought it was a single target spell. i'm going against the shaman in act ii and it doesn't seem to be hitting the periferal (sp?)targets (that are killing me!) even though they are on screen.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It covers a very SMALL area - just the enemy you aim it at and others right nearby.

Reality is for those who cannot cope with fantasy. Fortunately, I can cope quite well.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I added a screenshot especially for this, you see the circle around the bloodknight in the screenshot lower on the page?
Only enemies within this circle will be hit and it is a very small circle indeed. To get this working properly, you have to make sure your enemies are close together...

I used to be snow white, but I drifted... Check out my Beyond Divinity fansite
C
chud Offline OP
OP Offline
C
ah, bach.

thanks kids. i saw the screenie but didn't realize that the area was so confined. now i get it. thanks again.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
IMO Hammer is one of the best features in the game (polymorph is also good but of limited use) and well worth spending skill points on - especially in the later acts.

Although single target in general you may find (when you have enough healing) waiting for your enemies to 'cluster' around you and then zapping one will make the others in range fall - great fun and a timesaver too in the battlefields.

marts

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard