Print Thread
Cant get to boss in Purple Dungeon- Help! #350148
16/03/08 02:37 PM
16/03/08 02:37 PM
red_green Offline OP
journeyman
red_green  Offline OP
journeyman

I had problems in the green dungeon but eventually found the lever. Now I am in the purple dungeon and even referred to a walk thru which stated that you just need to use a couple teleports and its straight forward. Well there are 3 teleports. Two of them just tele back and forth to each other, niether of them tele to the middle teleport which must be the one I need to get to Moriendor.

This is really frustrating cause I hate mazes, especially when I just need to kill 1 more boss to get to the end. Plus the lighting is way too dark even with gamma maxed all I can make it is the teleports. Can't even see the doors that my charactor walks trough. Starting to get eyestrain from trying to locate a lever or whatever I need to get to the middle teleport.

Last edited by red_green; 16/03/08 03:45 PM.
Re: Cant get to boss in Purple Dungeon- Help! #350149
16/03/08 03:55 PM
16/03/08 03:55 PM
red_green Offline OP
journeyman
red_green  Offline OP
journeyman

Lol, I'll do my own reply. Did some searching and found this on Kiya's site. Great site by the way.

http://www.kiya1.de/images/Div_Wast3.jpg => light blue, Moriendor

I just went to finish this to see the final cut scene. If I replay I won't be doing reloading for items because the end gets way to easy.

Re: Cant get to boss in Purple Dungeon- Help! #350150
16/03/08 10:00 PM
16/03/08 10:00 PM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada
Some of the doorways are hidden from view (though if you click on the other side of the wall your character will find the path there), but you should be able to make out all the walls and other features in the dungeons.

I used to have a monitor with a slightly curved screen that took all of a minute to setup when I first got it. There was very little glare from ambient light, which was only really noticeable with the monitor off. When it died (a couple months out of warranty), I got a newer and 'better' monitor, which was brighter and had a flat screen. Flat screens are much more susceptible to glare. Bright screens cause eye strain, unless the background light is also bright, which causes glare which causes eye strain.
Anyway, I had to play with the monitor and the lighting in the room quite a bit to minimize (but not eliminate) these problems. With the monitor contrast low enough not to cause much eyestrain in Windows, the BIOS screen is barely visible when starting the computer, and games are much, much darker than they were on my old monitor.

Moving right along, if you right click on an open area of your desktop and select Properties, then switch to the Settings tab and click the Advanced button (may be different in XP) and poke around a bit, you should be able to find an option to change the gamma / brightness / contrast just in games. With an ATI card and Windows 98, in the Advanced Settings of the Display Properties, there is a Color tab, where you can separately make changes to the desktop or 'Full Screen 3D' applications; there are less options for 3D, but I could bump my gamma up to 2 and boost brightness and contrast 20% to be able to see in games that do not have gamma / brightness controls (or where they were insufficient). Of course having the screen bright enough to see in games causes eye strain if I play for very long.

Anyway, at least in theory, if certain things happen I hope to be getting a laptop in the not too distant future....

Re: Cant get to boss in Purple Dungeon- Help! #350151
17/03/08 09:08 AM
17/03/08 09:08 AM
Indonesia
twoheadedragon Offline
enthusiast
twoheadedragon  Offline
enthusiast

Indonesia
Well Raze, the way I took care of that was to make sure if there were any windows behind me, I closed the curtains. Then, I made sure there were no bright lights shining behind me onto the monitor. Also, I got a radiation filter to cover the monitor so it filtered out any radiation. The end result was that I never had any eye problems resulting from the monitor after that, plus no problem seeing what was on the screen.

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"
Re: Cant get to boss in Purple Dungeon- Help! #350152
17/03/08 08:47 PM
17/03/08 08:47 PM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada
I got a radiation filter to cover the monitor so it filtered out any radiation.

Um, no you didn't. Even if you could, you wouldn't be able to see the screen that way.
I know what you meant, though.

I added a layer to the curtains to block out more light (the old monitor was fine with the changes in ambient light between night and day), and also used some wall hangings to cover a couple hot spots for reflected light. I tried an anti-glare filter, but the surface wasn't any better than the monitor. I need something that cuts down the monitor's luminosity without significantly changing the colour spectrum. A high quality polarizing filter might work, but I couldn't anything like that the last time I looked (just tinted glass or plastic with a supposedly anti-glare coating). Maybe I'll look around again....

Now, if I find something that works, should I try to get through some of my yet-to-be-played stack, or start DD again with a survivor assassin on hard....

Re: Cant get to boss in Purple Dungeon- Help! #350153
18/03/08 06:02 AM
18/03/08 06:02 AM
Indonesia
twoheadedragon Offline
enthusiast
twoheadedragon  Offline
enthusiast

Indonesia
Quote:

I need something that cuts down the monitor's luminosity without significantly changing the colour spectrum. A high quality polarizing filter might work, but I couldn't anything like that the last time I looked (just tinted glass or plastic with a supposedly anti-glare coating). Maybe I'll look around again....

Now, if I find something that works, should I try to get through some of my yet-to-be-played stack, or start DD again with a survivor assassin on hard....

It shouldn't be hard to find a filter that covers your monitor. Here in Indonesia, (which is technologically way behind Canada) I found a good one for the equivalent of less then 1$(I still use it, have used for the last 4 years)! If you are as hardcore (probably more) as I am when it comes to trying to get a challenge out of a game, play in hard with a new character!

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth