Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Viper #410844 12/04/10 03:19 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Viper
Originally Posted by LewsTherinKinslayer13
That we are. I remember when I first was on here. So long ago frown

almost as long as me.

today I have a headache and my nose is running due to a nice hayfever that is getting worse every year. combined with every night an interupted sleep (4hrs of sleep is the MAX the past 5.5 weeks)

I'm so bloody old now. Christ.

And still haven't managed to play DDII frown

So poor!

But as soon as I have money it's the first thing I'm going to buy.

It makes me laugh so much when i talk to people about games and they talk about DDII. Just feels so weird. Been on these forums since I was like 12. Played Divine Divinity like 50 times. Had the first DDII fansite. Fuck. I'm so old frown

veteran
veteran
Old is gold, be happy! hehe

Lynn #410859 12/04/10 12:02 PM
veteran
veteran
Nice thread smile !
I love to reading all people writing down .. I must make more time to read more on this forum, still more delight

My english isn't so good, but honestly, after posting many posts in english, I learn a lot of english!
But I feel still I'm a noob on languages ... but I love it to learn on my own speed wink

My German isn't so good, but sometimes I took a look in the German threads ..I learn German on school, but yeah ... "der, die das" etc ... not my thing, for sure hahaha ...

I'm now 37 years old. Having my first own computer when I was around 30 and begin buying some games for pc (first of all Puzzle game like "Myst"...) and in 2004, I think, I discover the Divinity games delight smile !!
And also discovered this nice finest forum-community! thanks to all forum-mambers and forum-admins to create a good looking and good feeling community!
wave

If I'm not here reading or posting on the forum in my free time, I spend lot of hours on playing DD or now D2 :hihi: ... And also I love my girlfriend and spend a lot of time with her hihihi ... and sometimes bussy with my creative leisure : embroidery.
Yes yes, I'm really a man hahaha biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #410953 13/04/10 06:46 PM
addict
addict
same here joram
but Its seems there aren"t many people around here

and about language thing most of it I have learned from forums and games
but I am mostly good in talking but grammar is not my thing

I am learning deutch in school and i am having problems with it
I only know how to say my name and how old I am
and few other words

if I pass deutch this year in school I promisse I will be more active in german forum
I am sure i will learn a lots of it

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
veteran
veteran
with DEUTCH, I think you mean German ?? or Dutch ? because I though Dutch was your mothertongue.

grammar comes with practice, if you a re willing to learn and accept your mistakes, you soon won't make anymore mistakes

Viper
Viper #410998 14/04/10 11:13 AM
veteran
veteran
Hi,

I see Raven is from:
"Loc: Bosnia and Herzegovina".
I don't think he learn Dutch ... but learn on school "German". wink

@Raven:
Dutch = language from Belgium, the Netherlands too.
Deutch: no Raven wink it's for sure "German".
You go learn it well and maybe use a translate-program on internet like I do. Just a "tip", you're a free person. wink

I know for myself that I never quickly learn a language, never. That's me.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram #411010 14/04/10 01:30 PM
veteran
veteran
I think I thought Raven was you Joram.

my bad

Viper
Viper #411020 14/04/10 03:37 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Viper
I think I thought Raven was you Joram.

my bad

Something can happen Viper wink

It's nothing, you're all welcome laugh

Last edited by Joram; 14/04/10 03:38 PM.

Joram #411022 14/04/10 05:00 PM
addict
addict
smile smile smile

Lynn #411916 01/05/10 04:24 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by lynn
Old is gold, be happy! hehe

hey everybody, Lynn is right...although she is not old... yet. bow

[color:"#33cc3"]Jurak'sRunDownShack!
Third Member of Off-Topic Posters
Defender of the [color:"green"]PIF.
[/color] Das Grosse Grüne Ogre!!! [/color]
Jurak #411928 01/05/10 07:59 PM
addict
addict
How is old gold ?

C
C
Greetings!

I have to disagree w/ Lynn-- "old is silver", though it doesn't rhyme :p Okay, so my silver hairs do not classify me as "old" when it comes to this forum, as I am very new to it's very existence! However, reading the ages of the young people in here... and already talking about eye surgeries... I'm feeling quite old now, so thanks everyone!

Let's see, I'm probably older than most of the people who post often, my hair looks like it has "highlights," but it's really just turning a to a silvery-grey, I have poor eye sight, poor hand-eye coordination... I'm so old, I can't understand what many people type. The whole "WTF ppl dont u no wut wit dat" is completely lost on me.

For the most part, regarding earlier posts in this thread, reading what other language speakers write has been fun and enlightening. It seems to me that many non-native English speaking people are more understandable than half of the other Americans I try to read! While I realize I don't use proper English (especially when it comes to England-English speakers, btw, funny joke on the first page), I think I do far better than many Americans! I get frustrated when people don't use proper punctuation and capitalization-- that's taught in Kindergarten! Ei! For the non-native English folk-- great job on learning the language! In my travels I have attempted to learn at least a couple of words (like "please" and "thank you" and "hello") in the language of whatever country I was visiting. I try, but I'm slow. Having a tough time with Korean, but I'm getting there. My daughter does very well with other languages!

Anyway.... I'm rambling. Everyone have a great day/night!

Does silver-haired count as old here? :p

~~CierraShore

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"
addict
addict
Probably

old hand
old hand
I've got to agree with you, Cierra. This is one of the best fora on the internet, most of the users here try to speak decent English. I still remember the time I first posted something here, barely able to speak/write English. This forum has helped me improve my English quite a lot, and I also met a lot of kind people on here.

isorun #411960 02/05/10 04:57 PM
C
C
That's great, isorun! Most of the Italian I learned (most of which I've forgotten because I don't have anyone to speak it with), I learned while living in Italy and going about through the cities and asking questions... and LOTS of hand gestures (Italians, particularly in the south, use lots of hand-language). Being the foreigner taught me what it's like for someone to come to America & try to learn English-- now we have the internet! Ha! Now people can learn English without ever knowing someone in person who speaks it! I think that's great. Except if it's being learned from so-called 'native speakers' who can't even put together a correct sentence! ;-)

You're right, I have been very impressed by the amount of "nice" people here at the forums. Most people have been very kind in their replies and answering questions-- that's not been the case at other forums that I read. That is part of why I registered-- the people seem nice, to care about quality & to be helpful.

I've considered going to the German forum, or one of the other languages, so that I can learn one-- but I have two children who keep me very busy. So, I figure I'll spend the 'down time' I do get by helping the other people on this forum, as I was helped immensely before I ever showed myself!

Have a great day/night!

~~CierraShore

veteran
veteran
CierraShore, I don't post here much anymore, but I bet I'm older than you. I do, however, have to dye my hair gray--just so I can get some respect.

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
Cleglaw #411971 02/05/10 07:03 PM
C
C
Cleglaw (as in Cleglaw's Shield set item?),

If you're coloring your grey, than I might have to take that bet. What's at stake? How about a game tip? grin

You can PM me your year, and I'll respond via PM. Hint: If your birth is after 1980 (no, that is not my birth year, it's just an even decade number-heheheheh), than don't bother, because I've got ya beat. opa

~~CierraShore
div div2s

veteran
veteran
I have a grandchild on the way.
I am not coloring my gray. I am coloring my brown hair so that I will look gray and get respect. lol

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
Cleglaw #411982 02/05/10 08:13 PM
C
C
*lol*

Okay, you have me beat, but possibly not by much (given my sister is a grandmother and she's not even 40!). *lol* I'm a great-aunt already, which makes me feel quite old! My youngest is already "half raised," which usually puts me in a category of "in-between." Either the generation younger than me says I'm old, or the generation older than I says I'm young.

Guess that sort of makes me a "middle child." :))

I proudly wear my silvery streaks-- I've earned every single one of them!

Have a great day filled with laughter! smile

~~CierraShore

addict
addict
WOW
First forum where you need to be old to get repect smile

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard