Print Thread
#356375 15/09/08 10:20 AM
T
thirion Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
when i thought about divinity2, and the fact i've been talled that it will be semi adventure game. i thought about dungeon siege. and i remembered DS had a special choise to pick a player from a saved game, and direct him into a different modes and maps in an open game.
(closed is single, open is a fresh game that can be repeated, and the mobs/quests spawn each anew)

if divinity2 will have similar option, it will allow alot of people to add new maps after they finish the game. that if larian, or someone else, will release fun maps for advanced players. (or even beging in a different map and move on to the original map).
which will keep the game alive by far beyon its life circle.

ok time for me to eat a steak ^^ discuss?

Support
Support

Sometime after the game is finished, it is not outside the realm of possibility that Larian could conceivably release modding tools so that people would be able to add maps, etc. From near the end of the topic News from the front:

Originally Posted by Lar_q
Regarding mods - It's really a question of where we put our effort in. Right now it's in the game and not in providing a mod toolkit, though obviously we have a whole range of tools to make the game. It would take some effort to make them usable for the community, but if the opportunity would arise, it'd be something I'd very much like to do. I guess it'll really depend on how much demand there is for such a toolkit. I think it might be more sensible to link a mod toolkit with a multiplayer mode, than just release it for single player.

Raze #356388 15/09/08 04:50 PM
T
thirion Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
thanks for the answer raze :P

I
stranger
stranger
I
I think a modding tool for Divinity 2 would be great. wink

Look at "TES Oblivion": The Game has an huge fan- and modding-community, which allows to build to build new quests, citys, etc. Without the "construction set", the community would not nearly be as big as it has gone now.

Modding tools also keep games interesting for a long time. wink

Indy #356714 26/09/08 03:19 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Indy
I think a modding tool for Divinity 2 would be great. wink

Look at "TES Oblivion": The Game has an huge fan- and modding-community, which allows to build to build new quests, citys, etc. Without the "construction set", the community would not nearly be as big as it has gone now.

Modding tools also keep games interesting for a long time. wink

I second this

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard