Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#358969 08/01/09 10:00 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I've come up against this character, unfortunately the only thing that seems to help is a poisoned weapon. I've beaten him once, but accidentally reloaded instead of saving, and since then I can't get that weapon (it was a poisoned cutlass or sabre)!

Does anyone have any ideas as I would like to move forwards from this quest.

Done it - Finally
It's OK, after being killed around 8 times by that djinn, I managed to kill IT! No need for any replies. thanks anyway.

Last edited by Palimpsests; 08/01/09 10:58 PM.

Palimpsests

Hackin' & Slashin' all the way!
Support
Support

Have you tried the Poison Weapon skill? It will also work on a bow, if you want to try hit and run tactics. The passive Stun skill is handy for a melee warrior (though it needs to be at level 4 or 5 before it starts having a significant chance of being triggered), and can help quite a bit if you get the first hit in and keep swinging.

A warrior can make any fight easy (to the point of being boring):
If a warrior drinks a shadow potion and uses their spin attack near (but not directly on) a creature, they will hit it without turning visible or provoking a counter attack.

Have you checked merchants for better equipment? Even just more restoration potions would help, if it can not kill you outright in a couple of hits.

You could always leave and return when you've gone up a couple levels. That is what I did, since he is fairly tough if you do that series of quests relatively early.

The suggestions in the following topic will work for any strong opponent.

Chasing Josie... (Spoilers) techniques for defeating Josephine

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard