journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
giv us the demo now, plz. hug

turi #365015 08/07/09 08:34 AM
old hand
old hand
I don't want to play it yet.
If I have it now I'll be anticipating and wanting this game more.
It would be niced If they released one soon.
Arn't you German anyway?

DivineGamer #365020 08/07/09 09:38 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Well, no one forces you to play the demo smile
I want it too ^^

DivineGamer #365024 08/07/09 10:34 AM
turi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

Arn't you German anyway?

yeah but i dont buy games without trying them.

bought to much crap in the last years...

turi #365028 08/07/09 11:06 AM
I do not want to play the demo either.

@Turi - I don´t think you need to have any concerns about this game. Even if I do understand your point of view - there are way to many crappy games out there.

Last edited by The Endless; 08/07/09 11:07 AM.
turi #365032 08/07/09 11:19 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by turi

Then you didn't collect enough information and didn't let yourself enough time to think about it.

I think 1-3 months after a release shouldbe a good time to collect not only reviews, but also forum entries.

To look into official and non-official forums is also a *very* wise idea !

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
AlrikFassbauer #365035 08/07/09 11:46 AM
turi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Originally Posted by turi

Then you didn't collect enough information and didn't let yourself enough time to think about it.

I think 1-3 months after a release shouldbe a good time to collect not only reviews, but also forum entries.

To look into official and non-official forums is also a *very* wise idea !

well the games i bought are not officialy marked as "crap"

i just dont like them. must be me.

i see fallout3 ,bioshock or gta4 here on my desk, and ive just played 1-2 hours with these games.

must be some kind of "blockbuster dislike"

turi #365060 08/07/09 04:51 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Then you might've been a victim of the hype surrounding these games ... ???

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
AlrikFassbauer #365182 10/07/09 08:07 AM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
if someone does not like fallout 3 and bioshock then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with them. i suggest you go see a doctor ASAP!

mivine #365187 10/07/09 08:52 AM
turi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by mivine
if someone does not like fallout 3 and bioshock then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with them. i suggest you go see a doctor ASAP!

Then you might've been a victim of the hype surrounding these games ... ???

this quote seems to work for you too.

turi #365189 10/07/09 09:20 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Oh, are we actually allowed to mention other games in this forum?

Anyway, I don't care if the game is hyped or not. Hype, reviews, and merchandishing, are not to be trusted. What the heck - I loved "Lair" and everyone mocked it as if it was the worst videogame ever made (and while I admit "Lair" could have been much more, I also say that it's nowhere such a bad game to deserve those ridiculously low scores). Oh, and I found "Assassin's Creed" to be terribly boring and repetitive, and yet everyone praised it as if it was some kind of masterpiece.

On a second note, I hardly see any mention of div2 around the gaming websites. Somehow, I feel it's also a GOOD thing. :P

"I draghi sono draghi proprio perché gli uomini non possono nulla contro di loro."
Lun-Sei Sleidee #365242 10/07/09 04:08 PM
Support
Support

If you are discussing features, making comparisons, talking about game theory, etc, then you can mention other games. Even a casual reference in an otherwise on-topic post would be ok, as long as you don't start asking for help in other games, or something (which should be done in the chat or RPG chat forums, depending on the type of game).

D2:ED doesn't need a lot of hype, but people are not going to buy it if they don't know about it. With a couple other RPGs being released late in the year, we should at least see references or comparisons in various reviews.

Raze #365250 10/07/09 07:30 PM
apprentice
apprentice
I'd play a demo to see how well the party (including creature & pets/ summons) is handled by the interface. Although a demo probably wouldn't indicate how viable it is just useing the main character.

Last edited by swalnak; 10/07/09 07:32 PM.
swalnak #365255 10/07/09 08:36 PM
addict
addict
As this is not a party based game. I think the demo would show how viable it is to play just using the main character really well.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
Myrthos #365293 11/07/09 01:26 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Assassin's Creed is what I would call an arcade masterpiece, it looks really nice, it's dynamic and it has a good combat system. But it's no RPG. It's very repetitive, there's no character development, and there's not all that much to do.

Safe to say that Ego Draconis can not be described as "arcade". Even though it'll be brought out on console as well, as far as I've seen there's a whole lot of quality content and a lot of ways to go with your character.

swordscythe #365305 11/07/09 04:34 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
The only thing I have in mind about "Assassin's Greed" (that's how I call it) is the horrible way to close the game, as I saw it on a video on one gaming site (don't remember which one anymore, though).

--Dilbert cartoon

AlrikFassbauer #365316 11/07/09 05:08 PM
J
stranger
stranger
J
A demo would be fine by me, I don't know if they should waist their time on it though.

js123 #365337 11/07/09 08:55 PM
Support
Support

Normally I don't buy newer games without trying a demo first (of course I'll get D2:ED in any case). With older (cheaper) games I am willing to gamble if I've seen positive reviews from trusted sources.
However, most game purchase decisions are made in the store looking at boxes, with a smaller chunk being based on reviews or advertisements. IIRC from some study published awhile ago, a fairly small portion of gamers base their purchases on demos or playing the game (ie at a friend's place or store display).

AlrikFassbauer #365338 11/07/09 08:58 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
The only thing I have in mind about "Assassin's Greed" (that's how I call it) is the horrible way to close the game, as I saw it on a video on one gaming site (don't remember which one anymore, though).
personally, the whole technological aspect on Assassin's Creed annoyed the hell out of me. It wouldve been double the game for me if they'd let out the parts where you're in the present undergoing high-tech scientific experimenting. They should've just added more content and let all that crap out.

swordscythe #365348 11/07/09 09:54 PM
old hand
old hand
The 'present' part was the only thing that kept me playing Assassin's Creed, if it would only have been the Altair part, I wouldn't have finished the game because you just have to do the same over and over again. The game overall was a big disapointment, especially the ending.

To stay on topic: I don't like demo's, I look at previews and reviews to know wether a game is worth the money or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard