Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#380666 25/08/09 04:53 PM
v1ctor Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
the game has been out for about a month now and Larian has yet to reveal their plans on the second patch. guess the devs are propably busy porting it to the consoles but let's not forget about the people who already paid for the game.

playing through Divinity II was fun, but what about the missing AA and highres textures, choppy animations and other minor bugs?

what are your thoughts on the next patch and do you think we'll ever see any additional content or even some kind of enhanced version?

v1ctor #380668 25/08/09 05:00 PM
old hand
old hand
I'm sure they probably have.
Most likely mentioned in the German Section.

I dunno.
Can't really help...

EDIT:Patch is coming Late August.
See here

v1ctor #380794 26/08/09 07:50 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by v1ctor
the game has been out for about a month now and Larian has yet to reveal their plans on the second patch. guess the devs are propably busy porting it to the consoles but let's not forget about the people who already paid for the game.

Don't fear: we've been doing the patch while working on the console version. It's not really porting either. Whatever we put in the patch also has an important impact on the console version. Patch is going through QA right now.

Tweeting @forktong
ForkTong #380796 26/08/09 07:57 AM
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by ForkTong

Patch is going through QA right now.

Good news! =)

ForkTong #380838 26/08/09 02:09 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ForkTong

Don't fear: we've been doing the patch while working on the console version. It's not really porting either. Whatever we put in the patch also has an important impact on the console version. Patch is going through QA right now.

Big Patch -> Console version with patch -> english + console simultaneous international english release.

Step 1 nearly complete!

eh eh.

S
stranger
stranger
S
something is wired i did level up to 16 and got 5000+ in skill points :P....

Support
Support

That's the copy protection kicking in, AFAIK. There should be posts about this in the Help/Tips/Tricks forum; leave the DVD in an optical drive (if it is, it is apparently not being recognized for some reason). If you have a digital download version, contact the distributor.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #381087 28/08/09 08:34 AM
veteran
veteran
swordsteel, if you've got hundreds of skillpoints, you're playing with a NoDVD crack or the SecuROM DVD check failed. Play with the official EXE and play with the DVD in the drive and make sure your drive works correctly. I.e. this is not a bug, it's the copy protection.

Lynn #381191 28/08/09 05:16 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
@lynn: i'd say its neither. its a buggy copyprotection. one that go off even WHEN playing unmodified WITH DVD in drive... securom is a piece of buggy crap that do more harm to those that actuallypay for their software than for those that dont... if this problem persist when the english version come out, it will be the last game i buy from larian... atleast until they get rid of securom... (and to those telling me securom is perfectly fine. right. securom have so far broken TWO DVD-roms and TWO DVD-burners so far. do NOT come and tell me its perfectly fine...)

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Copy-protection: I also had an issue with that. Installed and played from my DVD-drive, then, suddenly without me changing anything (install, anything!), the stupid SECUROM s*** complained and would not let me launch the game anymore, said the DVD was fake.
I then put the DVD in my second drive (the burner) and it all went well so far. I found that behaviour to be very, very strange.

old hand
old hand
Is there any documented proof that SecuRom is damaging DVD drives? I know StarFire was damaging DVD drives, saw tons of complaints all over the net about them. I haven't seen anything saying SecuRom is doing the same.

I doubt Larian would want to purposely damage DVD drives, they just don't want their game pirated. Also a bunch of other companies are using SecuRom.

EDIT: Quick google, all the complaints are from Sept 2008 or older. It was by customers buying a game called Spore that used SecuRom without them knowing about it. There is a law suite (or was) but nothing stating the end result or if still going on.

Only complaint that stands firm is with multiple drives it can make errors in the disk check. People are using their primary DVD drive (lowest lettered drive; D: is usually the first DVD drive).

It is well public knowledge that Larian is using this DRM software. With no recent complaints about SecuRom damaging computers, I'm gonna assume it is safe.

EDIT2: Ok, giving up on finding anything on the net that is recently accusing of SecuRom software of damaging DVD drives. It appears their software never did this to begin with.

Just keep the game disk in the primary DVD drive and all should be good. (One with the lowest drive letter like D:)

Last edited by LightningLockey; 28/08/09 09:54 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
1: Copy-protections are just waste of money (and time), when there is a cracked version just about 5 clicks away (what apparently IS the case).
2: Copy-protections never were, never are and never will be "perfect".
3: Copy-protections will always cause problems (in some cases).
4: There always will be someone, who is able to make the protection being bypassed.

Why spend money for that (and the effort coming with it) ?

flo0110 #381228 28/08/09 07:56 PM
old hand
old hand
This thread is going way off topic here. It is about the new patch not SecuRom, should get a different thread. Instead lets talk about what we hope will be in the patch.

Things I'd like to see..removed:

- achievements. I know about them for the X-box. But they need to be taken to the gallows on the PC version.

Things I'd like added:

- Label your map flags.
- to die from from far drops. Nice splatter effect.
- If you chose to kill the skeleton by existential thought, have him blow up instead of vanish.
- some books/scrolls that contained concept art or roughly drawn treasure maps. These were awesome in DD.
- early storage. It be nice to have this before the battle tower, especially for books and charms.
- Wizard staves, Wizard robes, 2 handed variants of the battle axe and war hammer.
- better magic effects on weapons that do magic damage. The zap, frost and fire effects in DD were fun.
- swimming water effects were bad around Sentinel Island and the Fjords, at times I was wondering if I was in the water of floating above it. This was plain weird...

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
would be also nice to have some sort of glowing effect on weapons when they got enchantment/charms in it.

Alex__ #381310 29/08/09 10:46 AM
old hand
old hand
@LighteningLocky

Why do you want achievements to be removed?
They do not stop you from playing the game.
Nor do they cause problems.

Raze #381342 29/08/09 01:39 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Raze

That's the copy protection kicking in, AFAIK. There should be posts about this in the Help/Tips/Tricks forum; leave the DVD in an optical drive (if it is, it is apparently not being recognized for some reason). If you have a digital download version, contact the distributor.

Welcome to the forum. wave

tnx that did say why...

i'm still waiting for the English V to be ship from webhallen.com i booked it there. so yes so i play a crack version of the game... and yes this game is worth paying money for (i only buy games i like to support the game comp for a good jobb) laugh good game love it...

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
@LighteningLocky

Why do you want achievements to be removed?
They do not stop you from playing the game.
Nor do they cause problems.

They are annoying. And pointless. I do not want to them on my screen.

The worst example I have ever seen is even in Divinity 2:

When you find the patriarch, you have a nice scene, the camera goes around in this nice cave, you have emotional music. You just fought through a "mysterious cave" just... well, JUST when the scene starts, you get a large popup FOUND THE DRAGON!!!111

God, as much as Larian made a great game and all... I really hate how they made such a great scene and then *ruined* it with such a stupid achievement for the MS kiddies!

old hand
old hand
Can't you turn them off?

A
veteran
veteran
A
Well, in my case I'm actually glad that an PC has achievements at all ! Normally this is only on consoles ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Yeah, another reason why consoles are just "playthings" and PCs are "playthings and more". wink

"You ACHIEVED SOMETHING. You are great. The girls are going to like you. You are not just playing some computer game for fun. You. Have. Achieved. Something. HURRAY!" - really, it's nothing else than that.

For ruining the scene mentioned above alone I want it disabled by default on the PC.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard