Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I just got back from PAX in Seattle where we showed the game to the US audience and I got to meet the people at CDV for the first time. I can tell you that this is a very different team than the one in 2002, and I was quite impressed by their professionalism. As the US deal was only signed recently, they need some time to prepare their market but I think they'll do really well.

As far as the market and competition are concerned, I think it's cool that there are several RPG's coming to market as there's really been a drought, but I also think div2 has sufficient strengths to create its own market. That was evident from seeing the warm reception the game got at PAX and by observing the people play.

We also haven't stopped working on the game ever since it's been released in Germany, paying very close attention to these forums, and while the reviews so far have been good, I think that with everything we've added, they'll get even better. Most negatives hinted at by reviewers are gone now, using the simple secret formula of : listen to suggestions, fix things that bother people and implement features that are in popular demand. That means that the versions which we are mastering now are quite battle-tested, and incorporate a whole bunch of things we didn't manage to do during the original production. While delays suck (also for us who ultimately do this because we enjoy seeing people have fun with our creations), they sometimes do have advantages, and I think the work done on the original release definitely falls in that category.

Hello. I've been folowing larian for over 6 years now. I've played Div1 and BD with gigantic loads of fun and i was made a fan of yours realy quick. I've made my personal quest to make divinity known to my friends and gamers in lan parties (shame in that time was so hard to get div1 and piracy was soooo easy, well still is).

I had to register now on this forums, after 6 years, after reading your post. I think that it symbolizes everything a company should be: Create games with passion, listen to criticysm, learn to improve, work to surpass themselfs and have fun in the business.

For you guys, and especialy for lynn (wich i realy admire), i salute you and hope for your best.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by KnightPT

For you guys, and especialy for lynn (wich i realy admire), i salute you and hope for your best.

I second, I cannot imagine how it must be to put so much time of your life in this game, just to loose alot of support from the community when it is finaly released.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Good to hear you're content with the publisher... I really hope you guys'll consolidate yourselves on the proverbial map with this one.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Very happy to hear that you guys have such a great first impression with the publisher.

I think everyone here would have no doubt that Divinity II will be a great game, no matter what time it is released. But some of us more eager fans just rather being able to enjoy the game sooner than later. wink frown

I don't think this can be said enough, but you guys deserves great accolades for being so responsive and receptive to the community. thankyou

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Thanks for the post Swen.
Whens the UK Publisher going to be announced.
Or haven't you finalised that yet

I just got back from PAX in Seattle where we showed the game to the US audience and I got to meet the people at CDV for the first time. I can tell you that this is a very different team than the one in 2002, and I was quite impressed by their professionalism. As the US deal was only signed recently, they need some time to prepare their market but I think they'll do really well.

As far as the market and competition are concerned, I think it's cool that there are several RPG's coming to market as there's really been a drought, but I also think div2 has sufficient strengths to create its own market. That was evident from seeing the warm reception the game got at PAX and by observing the people play.

We also haven't stopped working on the game ever since it's been released in Germany, paying very close attention to these forums, and while the reviews so far have been good, I think that with everything we've added, they'll get even better. Most negatives hinted at by reviewers are gone now, using the simple secret formula of : listen to suggestions, fix things that bother people and implement features that are in popular demand. That means that the versions which we are mastering now are quite battle-tested, and incorporate a whole bunch of things we didn't manage to do during the original production. While delays suck (also for us who ultimately do this because we enjoy seeing people have fun with our creations), they sometimes do have advantages, and I think the work done on the original release definitely falls in that category.

I think KnightPT already stole the words, but I have to admit that your philosophy, as spoken in this post, is one that all companies should adhere to, gaming or otherwise.

I have tried to shelter myself from previews/reviews, more due to spoilerific type concerns, but also so not to be "swayed" by someones negative view of a game or parts of a game. I like to form my own opinions, in other words.

I haven't been entirely successful due to curiosity getting the best of me, so I am aware of some of the negative feedback from community and reviewers. If your words hold true and the team has eliminated as best it can, these negative aspects, and improved or added upon other parts, then I'm sure the game will be one of the hits of the year!!

Now, if CDV can put forth just a little effort and do some advance marketing in the short time before launch, I'm also sure that a vast majority of gamers will become aware of the game, and put DD2 and and Larian up on the perch where they belong...with some of the best regarded development teams in the industry. I say this because you guys deserve the respect, awards, and accolades, but also the monetary rewards that come as well, which in turn lead to more development of excellent products. Good luck to all!! Keep up the good work.

Last edited by SheaOhmsford; 09/09/09 05:41 PM.

Is reality just a fantasy?
addict
addict

I think 2009 in going to be hectic -- w/ the action RPG (Torchlight), RPS (Borderlands), RPG's (Risen, Dragon Age: Origins, Divinity 2), rebirth of an MMO (DDO Unlimited). I don't know, gonna be tough to keep up w/ all this!

I think that's something I really liked about what CD Projekt did with The Witcher -- especially w/ the Enhanced Edition: with adding all the extra animations; newer voice-acting for some characters to replace some of the old; remodeling some of the character models so there's less repetitive looking character models; extra inventory sorting options; restoring some of the script to the game; removing pesky DRM in a recent patch; etc etc -- they really listened to the fans.

To see you guys basically follow suit w/ your plans on your newest patch, from what I read -- which sounds a lot like what CDPR did w/ The Witcher: Enhanced w/ adding new animations and UI features -- I can hope that companies like yourself and CDPR keep making this the standard every developer SHOULD follow.

Last edited by MysterD; 09/09/09 11:50 PM.
YES! I am glad I decided to drop by the forum today. I had put this game on the back burner due to having no clue when it was going to come to the US, but all is now well in the world again. Props to CDV, the same publishers that brought Sacred 2 over as well.

December works out perfect for me, as all of my other main game purchases will have already been taken care of. Best gaming related news I have had in awhile.

div2s claphands

Last edited by ironcreed; 10/09/09 02:38 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I didn't saw any thread about this :

In de Benelux worden Square-Enix, Eidos, DTP en Southpeak Interactive vertegenwoordigd door eenzelfde bedrijf, dat nu hun Belgische/Nederlandse releasedata onthult.

Divinity II: Ego Dragonis (PC) - 25/09/2009

Divinity II: Ego Dragonis (XBOX 360) - 23/10/2009

Source Gamed.nl

This are the releasedates for Benelux but I guess they count for whole of Europe aswell. (Not sure about NA).

Sorry if it was posted somewhere...(just created this account to post this).

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hm, strange that there hasn't been any official news about this from Dtp or Larian. If it is true, it'd be great.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Yeah I agree it is strange but the publisher would not say 'the game release on that day' if it is not true so the news must be 99,9999% correct but that means the PC version is already on the market in two WEEKS!

M
stranger
stranger
M
It could be that te list is outdated though. Maybe the EU version will be released with the NA version. But it is also possible the NA is only pushed back to create some hype in the US. Meaning the EU English version could be released in two weeks.

I find the silence from Larian and Dtp very disturbing to be honest. How hard could it be to give an estimeated release date or even a publihser? It's bussiness thing I guess.

K
stranger
stranger
K
The publishers (mentioned in my first post) sended those releasedates to gamesites in the Benelux would be strange if the list is outdated I think..

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I highly doubt the English will be released in two weeks.
It would be cool If it did though.

I dunno...

Last edited by DivineGamer; 11/09/09 04:12 PM.

veteran
veteran
DivineGamer, as I said... :P

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Kein
DivineGamer, as I said... :P

Yes but.

I doubt it'll even come out that date in Russia...

If it does.
Guess what...woop ti do!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I looked it up, the full post is under the spoiler tags.
It seems not to be outdated at all, it was posted today. Definitely will be looking around for a preorder this weekend.

Of course, I am not getting my hopes up too much, I don't know whether this site is reliable or not, and I can't seem to find any other info on it, and they don't even mention what this company that represents Square-Enix, Eidos, DTP and Southpeak is called. So I'm sceptic... but I'll go have a looksie anyway.

Nieuws:
Nieuwe data voor Square-Enix en Southpeak

Door Joni Philips op 11-09-2009 om 15:53 Bron: Gamed

In de Benelux worden Square-Enix, Eidos, DTP en Southpeak Interactive vertegenwoordigd door eenzelfde bedrijf, dat nu hun Belgische/Nederlandse releasedata onthult.
Championship Manager 2010 (PC) - 11/09/2009
Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Danger (PC/XBOX 360) - 18/09/2009
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC) - 18/09/2009
Section 8 (PC/XBOX 360) - 18/09/2009
Order of War (PC) - 18/09/2009
Mini Ninjas (WII/DS/PC/PS3/WII/XBOX 360) - 25/09/2009
Divinity II: Ego Dragonis (PC) - 25/09/2009
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS) - 09/10/2009
Divinity II: Ego Dragonis (XBOX 360) - 23/10/2009
Venetica (PC/XBOX 360) - 30/10/2009
Pony Friends 2 (DS/PC/WII) - 20/11/2009

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just checked out the Game Mania site and it says 25/09/2009. The info seems to be legit.

K
stranger
stranger
K
You can ask at the site to get the official mail if you want.... I was shocked to see a releasedate while I was checking this site and forum daily and saw nothing yet.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Any word about the release of the Xbox 360 version outside from Germany? Will DTS release the game also for the Xbox 360 as they did for Sacred 2?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard