Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
Any word about the release of the Xbox 360 version outside from Germany? Will DTS release the game also for the Xbox 360 as they did for Sacred 2?

Whos DTS...
PC and 360 Versions will mostlikely be released simaltaniously.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Any word about the release of the Xbox 360 version outside from Germany? Will DTS release the game also for the Xbox 360 as they did for Sacred 2?

Whos DTS...

Sorry I mean CDV. DTS is the original German publisher.

But I got no word about the 360 version outside Germany... Should I import it or wait for a possible US release? Doubts....

M
stranger
stranger
M
If you're planning to get it for the Xbox, I'd wait for the US release. You won't have the possibility to patch the game up on the Xbox, if another big patch gets released of course. Play it safe and wait for the 'most finished' version.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by mister_s
If you're planning to get it for the Xbox, I'd wait for the US release. You won't have the possibility to patch the game up on the Xbox, if another big patch gets released of course. Play it safe and wait for the 'most finished' version.

What do you mean he won't have the possibility to patch the game up on Xbox?
Xbox does have patches providing you have Xbox Live.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Whos DTS...

Sorry I mean CDV. DTS is the original German publisher.

But I got no word about the 360 version outside Germany... Should I import it or wait for a possible US release? Doubts....

Its DTP not DTS.
Don't import since you dont even know If it includes the English Langauge.
Just wait for the US Release, it will be the best release out of all of them.
More features and less bugs

M
stranger
stranger
M

Big patches, like 1.02, won't be possible I think. It's specualtion of course, no one says there'll be another big patch. He can best wait and get the newest version.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Big patches, like 1.02, won't be possible I think. It's specualtion of course, no one says there'll be another big patch. He can best wait and get the newest version.

Well have you ever though that the 360 version may not need that patch.
Also they can split the fixes into two patches...
Arn't Console Patches smaller than PC?

addict
addict

Unless they include the patch on the 360 version release retail disc....

If Microsoft allows it.

Microsoft basically would NOT allow Eden Games to release Alone in the Dark (2008 version) patch over XB Live b/c the patch was WAY TOO big, in their opinion. Unfortunately, PC gamers didn't get this patch, either. So, PS3 owners who got the AITD: Inferno re-release of the game got the game all fixed-up straight up in the box.

Last edited by MysterD; 13/09/09 10:40 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
There is a limit imposed by Microsoft of what is considered "patch" and what is considered "extra content". I believe you are only allowed to patch the main executable(s) not add anything else. Beyond that it is extra content (just see Burnout Paradise on 360) and not auto-patching anymore, the user has to download it. And also, the user has to pay for it. Microsoft is not allowing free additional content (specially if it is big) unless it is also available for free in the concorrent plataform (PS3). That is an written rule, but it is a fact (again, see the free Burnout content and the mess that was Valve's Orange Box and Left4Dead).

Back the the game, I really want to play it on my 360. I may wait for the US release if it is sure that it will come out this year. Otherwise I may import the German version. And I believe the 360 version will already be in pair with the patched PC version.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by MysterD
[quote=mister_s]If you're planning to get it for the Xbox, I'd wait for the US release. You won't have the possibility to patch the game up on the Xbox, if another big patch gets released of course. Play it safe and wait for the 'most finished' version.

Unless they include the patch on the 360 version release retail disc....

If Microsoft allows it.

Microsoft basically would NOT allow Eden Games to release Alone in the Dark (2008 version) patch over XB Live b/c the patch was WAY TOO big, in their opinion. Unfortunately, PC gamers didn't get this patch, either. So, PS3 owners who got the AITD: Inferno re-release of the game got the game all fixed-up straight up in the box. [/quote]

Why would MS not allow you to split the patch.
Just release them as two patches.

Like I said the 360 versions may not have the problems the PC Version did,

veteran
veteran
I wonder what is the best possible way, "were" to buy the game from.
So that the Larians get the most profit out of the game.

If it was possible to buy it directly from them ?
But that seems not possible

buy it online or on a store... think

Last edited by the_bean; 14/09/09 08:56 AM.

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
veteran
veteran

Lol no, things doesn't work like that. Larian is not an Indie game developer.
Just buy the game (retail or digital version, doesn't matter), that's the best way to support Larian and - possible - the Divinity 3 :P

I hope sales will be good enough to collect budget for sequel :<

A
veteran
veteran
A
I agree. Larian is small, but not Indie at all.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by the_bean
I wonder what is the best possible way, "were" to buy the game from.
So that the Larians get the most profit out of the game.

But that seems not possible

buy it online or on a store... think

Send a letter to Larian with the money in the envelope and hope it doesn't get stolen.
Then Pray that you get the game wink

PS.French release is October 15...

Any news on UK Yet.
I would be grateful for a comment.

addict
addict
Why would MS not allow you to split the patch.
Just release them as two patches.

Like I said the 360 versions may not have the problems the PC Version did.

And the PC versions probably won't have the problems of the console version, as well.

I'd guess, whether it's released as one, two, three, or 50 updates -- if they break the patch up as is and lazily do it -- without all the updates installed, you'd probably not be able to run the game until you do them all.

I guess they could split the patch up and make it so that only some things are fixed in each update, but then there'd then be a few bunch of updates to download.

I would not be surprised if Eden Games asked about doing such a thing w/ Microsoft for AITD for the 360, as well -- but, it never got the patch to turn it into the Inferno edition (which the PS3 has, right out the box).

enthusiast
enthusiast
MS realy has to change its attitude towards patch content because as we all know there's a gigantic RPG comunnity out there that has grown acostumed to large textures patches, large fan-based content, etc.

Dragon Age:Origins is a good example. It was already promissed a toolbox for fans to create new FREE content and the game is said to be thought from root to acomodate a lot of modding. If the game realy goes popular to the extent of oblivion regarding modding and new fan content it would be nuts for a guy who has both a PC and Xbox in home to prefer the xbox version.

D2 is no exception, as most RPGs. THe fans already have expectations of large patches (1.02 as example), large mods (even though larian didnt comment much about the modding part of the game).

If i had both an Xbox and a PC with average specs, i would definately purchage the PC version, simply because its wayyyyyyyy easier to get more value for money on an RPG title there.

MS needs to change its current rules on its consoles for RPGs, or else they will have a hard time winning market on the RPG crowd.

Last edited by KnightPT; 17/09/09 09:40 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
What RPG'er ever picked Xbox over PC anyway?

veteran
veteran
Hi guys, if you would like to know some thoughts on div2 in the USA, please visit this thread smile

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Thank you CDV!

I was hoping they would publish this game in the U.S! Because CDV had to publish a broken game like Sacred 2 and the Sacred 2 developer Ascaron released patches that broke the game even more, the game publisher got hammered! I think the worst thing about Sacred 2 was that the games developer demanded that the publishers use online activation for Sacred 2. When I saw Sacred 2 at the Showdown Lan in 2008 the guys at CDV were very disappointed that they were forced by Ascaron to use DRM instead of a CD check copyprotection.

I have the original Divine Divinity and was very pleased to see Divinity 2 coming soon!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by swordscythe
What RPG'er ever picked Xbox over PC anyway?

"Bethesda Softworks announced that its hit title, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has achieved record sales, reflecting huge market demand for the title. Over 1.7 million units of Oblivion for the PC and Xbox 360 have been shipped since the launch of the game.

In North America, Oblivion has become the fastest selling game released on the Xbox 360"

RPG'ers or not, the market exists!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard