Next Thread
Print Thread
#392168 14/11/09 09:47 PM
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
I'm beginning to assume that this game causes the infamous red ring of death, probably only on launch xboxes though.
My friend and me bought our xbox on launch and we all had one RROD in the first 2 years.
We got it fixed and no problems whatsoever until now (that's a long time!).

I play this game at the dorm of my friend, 2 days ago... RROD. I come back home for the weekend and play this game... RROD. This is really suspicious...

When Dead Rising came out there were several RROD issues as well cos that game used all the cores. Bah, guess it was a matter of time.

Pffft, out of warranty... Hopefully they fix it for free, it's their fault for lousy hardware design anyways :s Fingers crossed.
It could be just plain coincidence as well... smirk

Last edited by Chimeray; 14/11/09 10:49 PM.
PS3 - that`s the solution for console gaming, or PC for more hardcore.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
That's kinda ironic on this board :p Divinity2 isn't released on PS3 is it :p

Nop, it isn`t, so that leaves you with PC wink

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
C
stranger
stranger
C
This is the oldest topic I can find regarding Divinity 2 on the Xbox. Strangly enough, it's the most relevant I can find to do with the problems I'm having.

Last month (June), I bought Divinity 2. I'd had my Xbox 360 for well over 2 years, and have never had the tiniest problem with it.
When I tried to play this game, I got stuck on a loading screen. The longest I left it running was 15 minutes, with no sign of life at all. Just loading....loading....loading.
I can't even remember how far I got.. I don't think I even got to create a character.

During all this, my xbox displayed the 'classic' symptoms of imminent failure - mainly graphical errors, even when trying out my older games.
Then, whilst trying out Divinity 2 one last hopeful time, my Xbox just died. I got the red ring of death. First it was all 4 lights, then the several times I tried after, it was 3 lights.
I gave the game the benefit of the doubt, and wondered if the xbox was starting to go before even trying the game. That would be a coincidence, but anyway.

I heard that the new Xbox 360 Elite was coming out this month, so I've bought one. I have a brand new Xbox which is faster, cooler, thinner etc etc.
I put Divinity 2 into the xbox last week, and what happened? Same loading screen, for over 5 minutes.
To hell with this, I thought! I'm not having another xbox broken.

What's going on!!?? The game looks awesome and I've been so looking forward to playing. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Otherwise I will phone the support line, if they have one.

Support
Support

Are you playing the game off the DVD, or installed to the hard drive?
One person had issues with the game crashing when entering rooms, or shortly after, which installing to the hard drive resolved. After trying the game once off the DVD, I installed it just to help with noise and performance.

I had 3 lockups playing on Xbox (all within a couple minutes of saving, though), one of which was as the screen darkened just before a loading screen. Each time was after the Xbox had been on all day, so I suspect heat may have been an issue.

Raze #417000 28/07/10 07:37 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
Ah! I never thought of that, I'll try installing it instead. Thanks for the tip! I'll let you know if it works.

veteran
veteran
I always install my xbox games on my HDD smile

Good luck ! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #419020 13/08/10 12:10 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C
Just to update this, I tried installing it on the Xbox and it made no difference whatsoever.

I also emailed the address given in the game manual, hoping for some advice. It says I should receive a reply in 1 - 2 business days, but after 2 weeks, still no reply.

I returned the game to Amazon, who are giving me a refund. I won't be bothering again.

Very disappointed with the lack of support, and will certainly warn others who are considering buying a game created by these people.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I also believe this game was created with the intent of crashing older Xboxes - there is absolutely no way that could be a coincidence. I will take this further

Support
Support

Larian's support response is faster and more competent than the publisher's support email, if a couple examples in the forum are any indication.

If D2:ED was designed to crash older Xboxes, it would have happened more than a couple times, considering US sales of the Xbox version were 115 thousand in the first 5 months after release.

Raze #419073 13/08/10 08:26 PM
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I have had 2 RRoD's with different 360's and also a couple of older black xboxes went belly up, no other console manfacturers products have done this, I still have my N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube and PS2 and they all work.

Blame Microsoft mate, for making shoddy consoles, not Larian.

You could concievably argue that the gfx in D2 put extra strain on the console, making it heat up a bit more, but if the solder joints were done correctly in the first place, it wouldnt be an issue.

Are you playing the US or the UK version?

If you were playing the UK version there is a known bug with the first dialog leading to an endless loadingscreen.

This could be fixed by clicking through the dialog instead of letting it run on it's own.

Virc #419999 25/08/10 02:47 AM
stranger
stranger
I've been playing the game (finally beat it last night) on a launch 360 console and no major problems. I did get an endless loading screen once though. I quit to the dashboard and loaded the game again, and it never happened to me again. This Xbox in question went RROD earlier this year with the warranty expired of course, but my brother did research and found that sometimes after a while the heat syncs lose sufficient contact or something. He fixed it and the console is back with us. Just as noisy as ever in its old age, but it manages. Even having this game paused for literally almost the whole day because another brother insisted on calibrating the new big screen tv, and I just can't bear to even try to play with wonky colors.

Last edited by _Esuna_; 25/08/10 02:48 AM.

I have a bone to pick with you Xanlosch! And your little creature too!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard