Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392414 16/11/09 02:52 PM
K
Kayos2k Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hello everyone i got the game today and i started a warrior thats lv5 and i planed on playing him as with a 2hander. Now i maxed out lockpick since i read its a very usefull skill if someone could help me out whit a few more skills to max and also what to spend my stats into atm i put most into more hp.

Lockpick 5, Two handed sword mastery maxed out, Rush attack at 10, Whirlwind is good to have, but it`s not so powerful so at 1 it should be enough. Battle Rage 5, Life leech - maxed out. So that`s 42 skill points, relatively you get about 15 or so as bonus from mind reading, or maybe even more, so distribute those to your liking. I picked Thousand Strikes at 10, Reflect 5 and Regenerate 5.
Thousand Strikes is a love-hate skill, it`s only good for 1 vs 1, but you can kill anything without too much trouble even without it.
The Potion skill is useful, increases the amount of HP recovered with potions by some % and Mindread is fine, but relatively you don`t have too much skill points to spend on that, so don`t bother,

Last edited by DeviRyuuD; 16/11/09 03:55 PM.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
K
Kayos2k Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Cheers mate that helpt me a lot by the way what did u invest your stats into atm i only put as much str as the weapon req rest into life anything ells worth puting some into? smile

Last edited by Kayos2k; 16/11/09 04:17 PM.
at level 34, i had something like; 60 vitality, 20 spirit, 60 strenght, 15 dextirity and 25 inteligence or so. Well, you get the idea, Str >= Vit > Spirit > Dex >= Int.

K
Kayos2k Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
sweet going well so far smile

veteran
veteran
For reference threads like this should go on the "Help/Tricks/Tips" board.

K
Kayos2k Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
ok cheers dident know that ill know now =)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Lockpick 5, Two handed sword mastery maxed out, Rush attack at 10, Whirlwind is good to have, but it`s not so powerful so at 1 it should be enough. Battle Rage 5, Life leech - maxed out. So that`s 42 skill points, relatively you get about 15 or so as bonus from mind reading, or maybe even more, so distribute those to your liking. I picked Thousand Strikes at 10, Reflect 5 and Regenerate 5.
Thousand Strikes is a love-hate skill, it`s only good for 1 vs 1, but you can kill anything without too much trouble even without it.
The Potion skill is useful, increases the amount of HP recovered with potions by some % and Mindread is fine, but relatively you don`t have too much skill points to spend on that, so don`t bother,

With that setup... How do you beat the Ministry part?

Definitely wouldn't get potion skill and mindread, way more interesting things to spend your xp on. You get more than enough xp throughout the game, just don't mindread too much in the beginning, and as you near completion of Broken Valley, do your mindreads then.

Very good of him to max out lockpick first though, I feel that skill is extremely important, gear-wise.

I personally used dual-wielding, and maxed that, Life Leech, Regeneration, and Whirlwind (Whirlwind at 6, the others as high as possible). Whirlwind is really good IMO, 'cause most of the time I'm fighting multiple enemies. Rush Attack went one point so I could rush rangers and healers better (though I'm thinking of maxing it out my next playthrough if the gains are worth it). Thousand Strikes is not worth it, costs way too much mana... Battle Rage... hmmm... It increases your damage, but lowers your armor significantly if you have a lot of points in it. I really enjoyed being in god-mode around lvl 30 (regenerate, life leech and high armour rating with the Scorpion set thingy = invincible me), so personally I wouldn't have wanted to switch for some more dps.

In the end I did put some skill points into Summon Demon, so I could easily do the Ministry thing. That really didn't work out for me with just my creature. With the demon it was piece of cake.

Yeah, the ministry was tough, took me many tries, because as soon as you leave Zandalors sight, something pops up out of nowhere and resets the time to 1 minute.
I don`t know, be this a bug or a feature, i think if the game senses that you can`t handle it, especially noticable in ministry, the things start to come out of the portals way less. And i forgot about my stupid creature..

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well what I did was read Zandalor and Deodatus' mind which gave me extra skill points, put them in summon demon, summoned a demon and used my creature . It was so easy. It never even reset once after I did that. Demon was pretty helpful fighting the divine too.

old hand
old hand
Fatality 10 is useful against bosses.

My warrior focuses mostly on passive skills... with 10 bleed & 10 lifeleech & 5 death blow, pretty much everything save bosses died in one hit in the end.

Last edited by virumor; 18/11/09 09:07 AM.
S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
I have no idea how to make a good warrior frown Playing mage was so much easier.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Mage or ranger. warrior is complex in my mind but ranger and mage are simple

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
Did anyone leveled up the Whirlwind attack to max? Does it do dmg near that of the fire ball?

No, it doesnt. Fireball is still the most powerful spell.

old hand
old hand
Magic blast is most powerful. By the end only the Divine isn't one-shotted by it.

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
So If you are pure strength warrior how are you suppose to beat the monsters? With Fatality? Bleed? Thousand Strikes cost a ridiculous amount of mana and it targets a single enemy frown Merely slashing your enemies is too painful.

old hand
old hand
Once you have a high level in Regenerate & Life Leech, your warrior won't lose any health anymore.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by sin
So If you are pure strength warrior how are you suppose to beat the monsters? With Fatality? Bleed? Thousand Strikes cost a ridiculous amount of mana and it targets a single enemy frown Merely slashing your enemies is too painful.
You slash em. You put points into weapon specialization (if you want the best damage, you'd probably best choose two-handed weapon), and max out regenerate/life leech. That's vital. Nothing can kill you anymore if you get good armor ratings and have regen/life leech maxed. then you can just go melee all the time and hack away. It's not one-shot killing like magic blast, but you're no glass cannon either. Starting at lvl 28, I really never took any more damage as a human until i hit the last fight. If I did take some damage (mostly from rangers) I regenerated quicker than they could damage me, so my health never dropped below 95% anymore.

Spare points you put into skills like Rush Attack, or whirlwind, which is convenient for catching runners, or fighting multiple foes. No high mana skills except summon skills. At later levels you wont need the healing ghost, but summon demon will really help kill stuff and doesn't deplete your mana pool.

If you want really high damage, you're better off picking mage, I reckon. A warrior can't do the damage a mage does, not without having to go up close and being just as fragile as a mage. So the DPS warrior/rogue class is really not an option in this game (sadly). You'd just be crippling yourself. The good thing is you can still kill stuff fairly quickly without using tons of mana.

And as a warrior (to me, the greatest advantage) you can shift out of dragon form wherever you want without being scared to end up between a nest of Black Ring (actually I preferred that), because even at 20% health they can't finish you off. Which means you start fighting, and at the end of a fight, you've regenerated all your health so you can take back to the air and kill more ballista towers.

bleed and skills like that are worth putting maybe one point or so in, but I definitely wouldn't max them, unless you have too many skill points.

About that, definitely Mindread powerful people. the rewards are much higher than a couple thousand xp

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
Thanks for your detailed answer swordscythe :))) Scorpion's set is for str warriors and there was also a set for rangers. Which set is best for mages and where to obtain it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard