Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Gamespot gave Two Worlds on Xbox 360 a 7.0 and on PC a 7.5. I don't know how that game scored so well, but it's vastley inferior to Risen and Drakensang. And I have no doubt it's also vastly inferior to Divinity II, too. Two Worlds was a big ol' mess.

Last edited by Libertarian; 05/12/09 10:42 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I think its a good game not got all that far it yet to me it feels better than drakensang did for me
and two worlds was god awful the voice acting was my first put off in that game, but i would say wait for the next patch cause it should improve on the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AudioEpics
The Dutch site XGN has a horribly unfair review that significantly lowered the game's score on metacritic. Please ignore it! It's a great game (I play on Xbox and have no problems whatsoever)!

I'm totally agree with audioEpics ! And I play also on Xbox and I'm very very satisfied, it plays very smooth on xbox, many thanks to Larian to make this game and make it on xbox too smile !!

And in my eyes, all reviewer's are NOT objective at all! (and that's also logical, people aren't perfect grin )
But I wonder how many hours a reviewer played D II ??? How deep is the reviewer going IN Divnity II before write a review???

I find personally Divinity II - Ego Draconis is worth his money and time smile !
O what a very "good" RPG I find this one ... I can't say it in one word ... ! delight !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Heh, on the topic of reviews, I work at a Dutch site (read my signature) and I played about 40 hours when I wrote my review. I awarded the game an 'Outstanding' (Uitstekend in Dutch), which you could say is between 8.0 / 8.5.

Oh, and I think this game is worth the money! The first couple of hours of the game disappointed me at first, but when I continued playing I started to enjoy the game more and more. Now I think it really is a great game.

Last edited by Willlem; 07/12/09 11:12 AM.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Ya, i already looked at some other reviews and there mostly positive crazy

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
veteran
veteran
Yesterday I read a something in PC Gameplay-magazine (Dutch) and it sounds good: they say Divinity II is worth the money. Only one bad thing they write was that Dragon Age and more other games on the same time relaesed because of D II was later on in time!
A bad unfortunate time ...
Sadly, but otherwise, Dragon Age is different and I love Divinity II - Ego Draconis!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
V
stranger
stranger
V
Just finished the game. It was VERY worth the money spent, expecially if you do the side quests and actually play to enjoy it and not just to finish it fast (which is as idiotic as buying a long awaited book and skip at the last page).

If they released the next in the series tomorrow, I'd buy it, now.

apprentice
apprentice
I agree completely. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in ages. I also haven't had any of the technical problems that some complain about and my computer is three years old. Admittedly, I built the best machine I could afford to build, but it wasn't a 'top of the line gaming' machine, by any means.

veteran
veteran
Yes, something like this, nice to hear smile !
Divinity II IS a game you must enjoy ... Patience is a good thing to have and I have a big mountain of patience!
And also have fun ... don't rush through this game ... because there're so many good things you would miss in that case! Try next time some quest AND dialogs with NPC's in a differend way ... and there are! wink

Note:
And Mindreading sometimes gives more XP or other very good things (more quests, hidden rooms to discover, stats boost, a good weapon or equipment, new insights!) ... I personal do nothing in it some Mindreading costs many XP ... there are enemies enough and also equipmentitems enough that boost your caracter in that way so that you are in fact one or more levels higher ...! smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
Personally I rate it below Dragon Age: Origins and Risen. So if you don't have those games, I suggest the former first and the latter second. Divinity II does kind of grow on you though, unfortunately the difficulty/pacing is all over the place, too hard in the beginning and pointlessly effortless in the end. Level scaling done in a different way than Oblivion but almost as bad. I guess your mileage may vary though. Playing through a second time with a warrior, I almost enjoy it more than the first time as a mage...

veteran
veteran
I don't play Dragon Age: Origins or Risen ... because I have read about that games and personal I prefer to buy Divinity II. wink

But I'm not a seasoned gamer and "scaling" ... Ooo, I don't see any problem in this game ... grin

Play as a Mage, a Warrior, a Ranger or whatever laugh ... or "a combination between rases" (my favourite preference) .. All this is possible with Divinity II !!
(my opinion)

Well, Mage is quite powerful in comparison to warrior / archer I think. Lvl. 10+ Magic Missile is A KILLER, and Firewall is a great move when being surrounded. Though I think it's a bit more fun playing as a Warrior, jumping around like a lune.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
veteran
veteran
But ... ? I can see with 1 skill, you can max to 5/5 ... but more??
I can't follow this ... smirk

Support
Support

The trainers in the battle tower can increase the maximum level of some skills (up to 13, I think I read somewhere).

As Raze said, your trainer can help you with that. You can buy an increase in maximum skill levels at your trainer. The first step is from 5 up to 10, after that comes up 10 up to 13. This makes especially Mage characters almost invincible. Combine a lvl. 13 Magic Missile with Mana Effecieny (magic is cheaper, passive) and Destruction (magic does more damage, passive) and you're really going to be a hard challenge for your enemies. wink

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
nah bought this game and i still can't play it. totally not worth the money

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by khornedragon
ahhh im still getting the infinite load screens. im using a no cd crack also and i did what you said and im still getting them.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=21632&Number=395429#Post395429

It is rude to hack a game (though a bunch of us did to get it into English). Bad enough you cracked the game to play for free. Then asking how to get an illegal copy to work on the developers own forum is a kick in the balls. But then to try and tell someone else the game sucks and doesn't work? The forum Terms of Service won't allow me to say how bad that is!

The game works properly (like a vase) when not hacked and cracked.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 13/12/09 07:33 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Originally Posted by khornedragon
ahhh im still getting the infinite load screens. im using a no cd crack also and i did what you said and im still getting them.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=21632&Number=395429#Post395429

It is rude to hack a game (though a bunch of us did to get it into English). Bad enough you cracked the game to play for free. Then asking how to get an illegal copy to work on the developers own forum is a kick in the balls. But then to try and tell someone else the game sucks and doesn't work? The forum Terms of Service won't allow me to say how bad that is!

The game works properly (like a vase) when not hacked and cracked.

You can still buy the game and use a no CD crack though, I do that all the time. I can't be arsed to put my CD in my drive all the time :p

And when having a laptop and no PC, a CD crack sure saves you a lot of noise! Don't worry, I got a legal version on my Xbox 360. wink

I copied all the files from the Divine Divinity CDs to one folder, and installed the game from there again. Been playing the game everywhere, like when on the boat and bus to school.

Last edited by Willlem; 13/12/09 10:42 PM.

old hand
old hand
I know what both of your are saying and why DRM is dieing off, though hanging on better in the game industry then I expected.

The issue here is blatant rudeness and an attempt to ruin the reputation of a good product. There are a ton of people that come on these forums without creating an account to see what is discussed. I rarely sign up on forums, actually had I not signed up back in the DD days probably wouldn't have created an account here.

It's either the DRM messing the game up or khorned failed at hacking the game into English. Regardless it is rude to ask for help in how to hack a product and crack it on the developer's own forum. It is like going into a store and asking the clerk how to break in without being caught and the combination of the safe. You'll end up being chased out of the store by the clerk with a blunt weapon (baseball bat usually).

Then say the product isn't worth the money... see where I'm going?

EDIT: Btw, it is worth the money. Damn game kept me up all night twice (which rarely happens).

Last edited by LightningLockey; 14/12/09 02:19 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard