Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
Something definitely went wrong - we're still trying to figure out what as we haven't found the cause yet, but it's unfortunately easy to see how it slipped through: . I imagine that nobody at QA caught it (nb over 4 different companies) because they rarely overwrite their savegames and always work in a circular fashion (svg1,svg2...svg20,svg1 etc...) to be able to backtrack. Since it isn't always a problem, loading a previous savegame won't necessarily have flagged the bug, and that way it would've passed through. No excuse of course and there's been a lot of cursing going on over here frown

stranger
stranger
I pretty much just want a refund for this game at this point. Its Pointless to Play ive had to restart 3 times after being a few hrs into the game. This is the worst bugs ive ever had in a 360 game. This will most likely be the last time I buy a game from your studio

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Something definitely went wrong - we're still trying to figure out what as we haven't found the cause yet, but it's unfortunately easy to see how it slipped through: . I imagine that nobody at QA caught it (nb over 4 different companies) because they rarely overwrite their savegames and always work in a circular fashion (svg1,svg2...svg20,svg1 etc...) to be able to backtrack. Since it isn't always a problem, loading a previous savegame won't necessarily have flagged the bug, and that way it would've passed through. No excuse of course and there's been a lot of cursing going on over here frown

Thanks for the response. I know that we as consumers are frustrated and you as a developer aren't happy to have your product ship with a major bug like this. However, the attention to it is appreciated.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by spongedaddy

Thanks for the response. I know that we as consumers are frustrated and you as a developer aren't happy to have your product ship with a major bug like this. However, the attention to it is appreciated.

Agreed. Acknowledgement goes a long way too and is enough to make most of us feel less apprehensive.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by James Bong
I pretty much just want a refund for this game at this point. Its Pointless to Play ive had to restart 3 times after being a few hrs into the game. This is the worst bugs ive ever had in a 360 game. This will most likely be the last time I buy a game from your studio

Creating a new save is just as easy as overwriting an old one...

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
stranger
stranger
I understand this. But as i stated before Ive had to restart the game 3 times. Def killed the re playability, and I lost alot of Items that were rare and i never found them again. Everyone thats asked about this game Ive told them To wait to get it until after they patch it.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Thank you Larian studios from hearing our cries for help and working on it. I have been studying Game development in school and just finished a class about what it takes to make a game including how QA works. You guys do a very hard job, and I as a gamer thank you for your hard work and dedication. Thank you for responding to our calls for help, it makes sense that as game testers work in such a fashion that a bug like this would be missed.

G
stranger
stranger
G
why say thank you, when they release a game that is obviously not ready, they probably didnt have money for beta testers either, so they use our money to buy the game, so we complain about bugs that should been obviously caught before the game was released.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Gn-Landazar
why say thank you, when they release a game that is obviously not ready, they probably didnt have money for beta testers either, so they use our money to buy the game, so we complain about bugs that should been obviously caught before the game was released.

Perhaps you should say thank you because they have at least acknowledged that mistakes were made and that they are now trying to resolve the problem, unlike many other game developers that really just don't care. Or maybe say thank you because they even took the time to log onto the forums to see what we were mad about to begin with. Or how about just saying thank you because in the present situation it is considered good manners. Either way, say thank you and be glad the game is better than Two Worlds.....

old hand
old hand
We've located the problem and are now assembling a patch. We'll do everything we can to expidite the release but it still needs to go through to Microsoft. When I have more details on the timeline, I'll let you know.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Yep, the Xbox 360 is nortorious for save game issues if you overwrite your saves.

Here are other games I have played on the 360 with the same problem.

Fallout 3

FarCry 2

Sacred 2

F.E.A.R

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

And these are just the games I have had this issue of overwriting saves, which I do not overwrite anymore, and problem solved!

T
apprentice
apprentice
T

First game you ever bought?

I have never seen the perfect "bug free" game in my 20 years of gaming and have more patches then games!

At least Larian has commented unlike most other game developers to address an issue, so crapping on their doorstep helps no one.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by The Outfield

First game you ever bought?

I have never seen the perfect "bug free" game in my 20 years of gaming and have more patches then games!

At least Larian has commented unlike most other game developers to address an issue, so crapping on their doorstep helps no one.

Well I suppose it helps justify the egoic need for righteous anger.

I look forward to the patch. I have stopped playing for a while so I can really enjoy the game post-patch.

stranger
stranger
I think the game can still be enjoyed even with the bug as is. I discovered this after I started randomly teleporting all over the place after loading. I just started saving in a new slot and deleting the old save after. It doesn't take a whole lot longer and the game is certainly nowhere near unplayable.

stranger
stranger
I've just discovered this bug & like most I find it annoying to invest so much time & effort & lose it & items etc but it's a game & I'm not going to lose sleep over it & certainly am not going to harrass the company about it because in positive that they KNOW that we aren't happy with the situation but stuff happens they are fixing the problem & I for one am grateful that they are & that they haven't shied away from their responsibility but decided to face it head on. Cuddlos for doing the honourable thing!
Tali
Oh is the patch out yet do we know? I'll run into xbox see if it's there smile

Live Free Die Hard (or something like that) !!!! \:\)
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by OrangeRichy
I think the game can still be enjoyed even with the bug as is. I discovered this after I started randomly teleporting all over the place after loading. I just started saving in a new slot and deleting the old save after. It doesn't take a whole lot longer and the game is certainly nowhere near unplayable.

Actually not for me. My last save game, which is about one and a half hours beyond the last auto-save, will not load anymore. In fact none of my save games will load at all. I am completely unable to play. I can only hope that the patch resolves this issue too, or else all of my progress is lost.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Soo........my question is: when you go back to the dashboard, reload the game, and load your save file and it pops you at the spot that you saved, but......none of the doors are there, what are you supposed to do?

K
stranger
stranger
K
We've located the problem and are now assembling a patch. We'll do everything we can to expidite the release but it still needs to go through to Microsoft. When I have more details on the timeline, I'll let you know.

Any word, yet? I am unable to load ANY of the save game files, including the auto-save. I really don't want to start over...

R
stranger
stranger
R

The US PC version has the same bug. Are you patching the PC version as well?

stranger
stranger
I'm having the same glitch, I die and it reloads and crashes at the previous death screen. But here's another one to watch out for. I tend to save to one or two slots, overwriting as needed. When I die or reload, sometimes it will load the game that I saved BEFORE (the one I overwrote) and the most recent save wont appear on the list. When I die reload again, the same save slot will have the newest save (not the one that was overwritten and appeared anyway, but the one that was supposed to be there.) I have started to correct this by deleting the old save before saving a new one, or saving under a new slot each time. So far this seems to work.

There are no mysteries in this or any world. There are only places I haven't pillaged yet.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard