Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Just for curiosity I would like to see what kind of characters you folks out there are building along with some stories of success as well as failure. I will be installing the game tonight and was thinking about trying to build a pure mage if that is even feasable.

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
S
stranger
stranger
S
I have reached level five and have built an eclectic type character with poison arrow (to start), whirlwind, two levels of lockpicking and summon ghost. So far it has worked out well. Lockpicking has given me some loot at the expense of combat abilities I could have used.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I would not recommend going just one type of class. Because the game throws different type of enemies at you sometimes rangers or mages and if your a pure warrior you will never get close because they keep hitting you and will probably kill you before you get close. Especially if there is 5 of them and only one of you. Pure mage is bad because you have a cool down for you spells and in the middle of a battle 5 seconds or 10 can be the difference between life and death. Don't forget if a melee enemy gets close your done for. Me im going ranger with a little warrior, no warrior skills but i have a sword and sheild for when i do close combat and it works fine. Right now it seems all i fight is ranged people.

old hand
old hand
Pure mage is fine. Magic missile has a very low cooldown and is the spell to use while you're waiting for fireball to recharge.

If enemies get close, use Firewall.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by WhiteFox
I would not recommend going just one type of class. Because the game throws different type of enemies at you sometimes rangers or mages and if your a pure warrior you will never get close because they keep hitting you and will probably kill you before you get close. Especially if there is 5 of them and only one of you.

Use Rush Attack.

apprentice
apprentice
As usual in a Divnity game i'll be a warrior with a bit of secondary abilities (healing and the likes)

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard