Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
old hand
old hand
Why focus on a review from only one site?

Check at Metacritic to compare all reviews. Current score of the game is 77. Not bad.

journeyman
journeyman
The heading of this topic was
Do you agree with gamespot's review of Ego Draconi

My answer is yes.

While the reviewer did focus on the negatives that doesn't mean they should be ignored.

@ virumor

Where did you find that really long review? who wrote it?

old hand
old hand
It's a Gamespot user review.

apprentice
apprentice
Here is the direct link: gamespot user review

Really well written I have to say. I'll look at that user's other reviews for sure.

addict
addict
Yes I agreed with 80% of review

story IS weak if you ask me and I have played many RPPs.Yea I know It is another hero who save world just like any bioware game.agreed but that is only ending,true story take history facts,lore,NPCs and a whole story,not just ending.

For bugs I can"t say anything becaose I didn"t notice them.

Dialogues are solid

Music is amazing

Animations are OK if you ask me

Cinematics are wonderful

Interaction with NPCs is comic

voice acting is OK

Humor is Ok,nothing special

Replability is zero.I don"t have any wish to play again

I have seen many people who still claim that D2 is better game than DA:O but in Screenfun(gamer magazine in my country)D2 get 4/5 and DA:O get 5/5 with screenfun award.Please stop saying that D2 or DA:O is better game.They are maybe same genres but not same sub-genres and they are not on same level.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
addict
addict
I actually enjoy a lot of things in Divinity II over Dragon Age, but I won't dispute that Dragon Age is a more polished experience. That was expected, though, since it's from a AAA developer with a lot of resources.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Had this game for about a week now. It is the first european rpg and only the second I have played on a console (not pc). Quite frankly I love this game, the minor tics can be a little annoying at times but I am enjoying this game immensely

If you don't try, you fail.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Yes- gamespot review pretty much hit everything good and bad about Divinity 2. But that's not stopping me from enjoying the game. smile

stranger
stranger
I agree about the animations. And I agree with the poster above who said the animations looked like Parkinson's disease. I actually had to exit the game after my first few minutes because it created a bad first impression for me.

But I came back to the game and now I am gradually getting used to them. I still think the animations look amateurish but I am enjoying D2 very much despite that. A good game is more than the sum of its parts and D2 is no exception.

addict
addict
Call me crazy, but I love games like this that are awesome, but still a little rough around the edges. These "imperfections" pour some humanity into the art, imo. I know it sounds goofy, but sometimes when a game is too polished and stuff, it almost feels like it was made by a machine and not humans. It's a similar experience with music. I prefer seeing/hearing a band live over a super polished record.

Last edited by Libertarian; 10/01/10 05:43 AM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I had a very hard time getting into Divinity II because of so many imbalances. But now that I'm close to half way through, and learned how to best play my character, I'm very addicted and enjoying the game immensely.

I think you will see a variety of reviews, depending on the reviewer him/herself.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SteelCaress
Have noticed only a couple bugs, and most of 'em are solvable.

To address what you were worried about in the review:
A) Bad animations? No, I like the way the character runs (if a bit weird), and my character does a flip at the top of ladders and it's neat the way she lands. Very Spider-Man.

B) Buggy has been addressed. I've played buggier.

C) A weak story? I dunno, medieval fantasy characters saving the world again? How is this different from any other fantasy RPG, Dragon Age included?

Don't sweat the review. C-Net/Gamespot likes whoever pays the most for their ads. They called the combat in Risen "troublesome," which it wasn't, and masturbated all over Dragon Age, which was a lot of fun, but I got tired of the zoned off sandbox they let you play in.

My only wish list for Divinity 2 would be a "block" feature like in Risen.

I really had the same thoughts as you, as I just finished off Risen before starting D2. If couple with Risen alike blocking feature, this game can really be challenging. And I enjoy the flip at top of ladders animation on my female toon, which I didnt notice this at all during my first run through with a male toon.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Well no shit, the female character's animations are pure Fanservice. You don't have to be a Troper to notice this, though apparently it helps.

As for the weak story, it doesn't seem all that different until you get to the ending. I'm not going to say any more on the subject, cuz you should understand what I'm getting at if you've actually seen this game's ending.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Libertarian
I actually enjoy a lot of things in Divinity II over Dragon Age, but I won't dispute that Dragon Age is a more polished experience. That was expected, though, since it's from a AAA developer with a lot of resources.

Of course becaose YOU like SINGLE player,diablo and sandbox.I like PARTY,and GREAT STORY

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

I think they can keep their RPG and we will keep ours,Larian have much support in Europe and perhaps even Asia.

How anyone can say that this story is not better than that "Lord Of The Rings" blatant copy by BioWare,i don't know.

Don't get me wrong DAO is a bit more Polished but it's static unimaginative and damn right boring,yes i said boring. It's your typical linear stuff that BioWare like to churn out to their fanbase.

I have both games and i have played through DAO 1-1/2 times now just to see if i a missing something with all these top reviews it's getting.

BioWare have lost their way ,fame, rep and to much money have clouded their vision,they no longer have that RPG feel. What we have now is an over the top extended movie where most of the time is spent staring at lifeless pixels that spout constant dribble,no thanks ill stick with a RPG that has soul.

Now, i don't mind a good story but come on,it's constant stand still and unoriginal. Why copy the lord of the rings,think of your own theme BioWare.

This year we European are in for some treats..

We have Arcarnia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4vSr4R_DyA&feature=related

We have The Witcher Assassin Of Kings.. the witcher EE was a master piece ,yet again didn't get the respect it deserve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciyoGmnGyo

We also have rumours of the 40 hour add on for Drakensang Dark Eye..

Now, yes these games will be release everywhere but i say let em keep DAO.

As a Europeans we should support all European dev teams that make great games,after all we in Europe know what fantasy is all about and medieval type RPG,we know what a real castle looks like.

This is just my opinion of course.

Dragon Age Origins= all flash and no dash... eek

D2= imaginative=fun and great story..

No i don't agree with that review.

Last edited by Ineluke; 10/01/10 02:51 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
1)Has a weak story? 2)is Buggy? and 3)Has bad animations?

weak story: my ass! i love the story!
Buggy: Well yes its a bit buggy
Bad animations: mmmmmm nah i think its ok. I had fun kicking the games ass so i,m fine...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Originally Posted by Libertarian

Of course becaose YOU like SINGLE player,diablo and sandbox.I like PARTY,and GREAT STORY

No, I like both.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ineluke

The prequel 'Drakensang: River of Time' has long been confirmed actually and will be released in February in Germany.

I played the German demo and I was impressed.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ineluke
Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

I think they can keep their RPG and we will keep ours,Larian have much support in Europe and perhaps even Asia.

How anyone can say that this story is not better than that "Lord Of The Rings" blatant copy by BioWare,i don't know.

Don't get me wrong DAO is a bit more Polished but it's static unimaginative and damn right boring,yes i said boring. It's your typical linear stuff that BioWare like to churn out to their fanbase.

I have both games and i have played through DAO 1-1/2 times now just to see if i a missing something with all these top reviews it's getting.

BioWare have lost their way ,fame, rep and to much money have clouded their vision,they no longer have that RPG feel. What we have now is an over the top extended movie where most of the time is spent staring at lifeless pixels that spout constant dribble,no thanks ill stick with a RPG that has soul.

Now, i don't mind a good story but come on,it's constant stand still and unoriginal. Why copy the lord of the rings,think of your own theme BioWare.

This year we European are in for some treats..

We have Arcarnia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4vSr4R_DyA&feature=related

We have The Witcher Assassin Of Kings.. the witcher EE was a master piece ,yet again didn't get the respect it deserve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciyoGmnGyo

Now, yes these games will be release everywhere but i say let em keep DAO.

As a Europeans we should support all European dev teams that make great games,after all we in Europe know what fantasy is all about and medieval type RPG,we know what a real castle looks like.

This is just my opinion of course.

Dragon Age Origins= all flash and no dash... eek

D2= imaginative=fun and great story..

No i don't agree with that review.

I am from europe and I say GO BIOWARE and GO LARIAN

I hope that larian will get rich,so they can create better Divinity 3.

and why everyone is saying that DA:O is copy of of lord of rings.
They are completly different.

"Dragon Age Origins= all flash and no dash... eek

D2= imaginative=fun and great story.."= you should visit doctor

If you think that DA:O is boring you really don"t know what is old-school classical RPG.
But I can"t blame you.I understand that you like hack"n slash more.

OK YOU LIKE EUROPE AND HATE USA.We get it

and I am gonna buy Gothic and Witcher to support our devs but I am still BioWare fan.and Drakensang is good game but boring.Weak story and characters in your party don"t have any personality or past.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard