Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
journeyman
theres a skill book in the tunnel thing where you go to rescue that bandit guy after he unlocks the door head straight across and look on the wall to the left hit the switch thing and then the skill book is on the floor in the room hope that helps

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
old hand
old hand
Dragon skill books, orabas fjords, dark cave. On one of the table where the bandit leader Ragon located.

Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok here is the topic everyone that wants to play through game and get all the skills and stats they can lay their hands on, lets all help out to make a list of all the skill and stat books out there please try to confirm it everyone with a screenshot. And if I make wrong information let me know so I can change the post, I am doing this for the general good \:\) I am going play through game again real slow this time to spot every book I can.

Skill books:

1. Farglow, Goblin Training Area, Ontop of one of the big rocks.
2. Broken Valley, Village, The Black Boar Inn, 3rd floor locked door, strange tomb, 3 parts.
3. Broken Valley, Secret Passage, Secret room with pressure plate, behind big spiderweb.
4. Broken Valley, Citadel Dungeon, Hanging from a chain, Activate pedestals, then pick the book up.
5. Broken Valley, Naberius Storage, Need 4 Parchments to activate the teleporter to get there.

After Battle Tower:

1. Orobas Fjords, Sinister Cavern, Book in the chest near the Book of the Dead.
2. Orobas Fjords, High Hall Mines, Near where Mundus is located.
3. Orobas Fjords, Red Hammer Tribe's Cave, Book on the bench behind the only door.
4. Ygerna's Memory, at the very end of game, behind you where you start.

Mind Reading:

1. Broken Valley, Near Temple of Maxos, Read ZixZax's mind for 2 extra skill points!
2. Orobas Fjords, Outside Depleted Ore Mine, Mindread Lister for 1 extra skill point.
3. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Sassan's mind for 1 extra skill point.
4. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Trainer's mind for 1 extra skill point.
5. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Enchanter's mind for 1 extra skill point.
6. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Necromancer's mind for 1 extra skill point.
7. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Alchemist's mind for 1 extra skill point.

Quests:

1. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 2nd Quest from Trainer.
2. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 2nd Quest from Enchanter.
3. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 2nd Quest from Necromancer.
4. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 2nd Quest from Alchemist.
5. Sebtinel Island, Ulfmar's Treasure Quest, Read The "Ancient Tomb" for 2 extra skill points.

Other:

1. Sentinel Island, When exit The Temple of Doom, Mindread the character Island to level up.
2. Sentinel Island, Near Barrier/or in Battle Tower after choosen all 4 servents, Mindread Island again for 1 extra skill point.

*Total Extra Skill Points = 24

........................................................x.......................................................

Stat Books:

1. Broken Valley, Tomb, Located on one of the altars.
2. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 3rd floor, Read Erkling's writings for 2 extra stat points.

After Battle Tower:

1. Orobas Fjords, Champion Harbour, Aurellius Office, To the right when you enter his office.

Mind Reading:

1. Broken Valley, Wooden Guard Tower, Mindread Quincy for 1 extra stat point.
2. Broken Valley, Daylight Robbery, Mindread Jenae after the robbery for 1 extra stat point.
3. Broken Valley, Citadel Dungeon, read Toshan's mind for 1 extra stat point.
4. Broken Valley, Bandit Camp, Mindread The Porter Christopher's for 1 extra stat point.
5. Broken Valley, Bandit Camp, read Targo's mind for 1 extra stat point.
6. Broken Valley, Temple of Maxos, read the Librarians mind to get 2 extra stat points from understanding the book downstairs.
7. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Before Summoning circle read Sassan's mind for 1 extra stat point.
8. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, After Summoning circle read Sassan's mind for an additional stat point.

Quests:

Other:

1. Temple of Maxos, Blood Altar, Read The Book of The Dragon for 1 extra stat point in each attribute.

*Total Extra Stat Points = 13

.......................................................x.......................................................

Dragon Skill Books:

1. Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, Chicken Room.

After Battle Tower:

2. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Personal quarters on your bed.
3. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Trainer Arena, on the table.
4. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Enchanter Workshop, on the table.
5. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Necromancer Ring, on the table.
6. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Alchemy Garden, on the table.
7. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower Shrine, South of the shrine in a wyerns nest.
8. Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, Located on the east wall of the Fire Maze.
9. Orobas Fjords, Orobas Crypt, Get one from solving a memorize puzzle with a talking chest.
10. Orobas Fjords, Orobas Crypt, This one is close to some candles on the ground.
11. Orobas Fjords, High Hall Mines, Book is near the chest next to a lava-pit, It's in the 'center' chamber of the cave
12. Orobas Fjords, Sinister Cavern, Near where Barnabus is located.
13. Orobas Fjords, Well Cave, Near where Kezzz first appears.
14. Orobas Fjords, Dark Cave, Located on a table near Ragon.
15. Orobas Fjords, Lost Tomb, Book is located the right of the coffer.
16. Orobas Fjords, Red Hammer Tribe's Cave, The book is near Groth.
17. Orobas Fjords, Bandit Hideout, Located Near Ragon.

Mind Reading:

1. Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, Mindread Patriarch for 3 extra dragon skill points!

Quests:

1. Broken Valley, Temple of Maxos, Librian Quest "The Two Volumes".

Other:

*Total Extra Dragon Skill Points = 21

(*These are optional, and not part of a main story.)

Updated here because, I can't edit the first post for some reason!

Last edited by Mephasm; 21/01/10 06:45 PM.
old hand
old hand
Haha I think its better that you just update your post. That will be enough, no need repost all every time.

Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by ACSS
Dragon skill books, orabas fjords, dark cave. On one of the table where the bandit leader Ragon located.

General Location - Location - Description - How to get book

Please I value all the help I can get from you ACSS I know you got alot knowledge where to get many of these books smile

Last edited by Mephasm; 20/01/10 05:40 PM.
old hand
old hand
I didnt go memorize the location, just happen I on my 2nd play through, so can provide some info when I saw any books lying around.

I think just edit your 1st post, make it more brief will do, like providing map name with area, building or cave name will do. Those specific areas will usually have names on map

Okay, I found a bunch of books not listed here and I'm not sure if I can remember where all of them were but...

Dragon Skill Books:

* In High Hall Mines there's book near the chest next to a lava-pit. It's in the 'center' chamber of the cave.

* In Old Cave there's a book on one of the tables on the platform where you fight Barnabus.

* Two books can be found in Orobas' Lair. One's in the talking chest, the other is near the north wall.

* In Red Hammer Tribe's cave there's a book near Groth.

* A Book can be found in Dark Cave on a table near Ragon.

* Two books can be found in Primordial Cave. One is on the table in the Chicken Room. The other one is on the east wall of the Fire Maze.

* In Lost Tomb there's one to the right of the coffer.

Skill Books:

* In Old Cave there's a book in the chest near the Book of the Dead. The key for the chest is in one of the broken coffers in the previous room.

* In High Hall Mines there's a book on the table in the room where Mundus is.

* In Red Hammer Tribe's cave there's a book on the bench behind the only door.

Stat Book:

* One can be found in Champion Harbor near Aurelius.

Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by ACSS
Haha I think its better that you just update your post. That will be enough, no need repost all every time.

I just said I can't edit it further, I don't know why but seems to be limited to how many times you can edit it.

old hand
old hand
Or maybe limited by total number of texts? Maybe try shorten it and see. Or just start a new thread and reserve 1st few posts for your editing.

Support
Support

There is a time limit on editing (2 days IIRC). You could start a new topic, with everything combined/edited, though, if you are so inclined.

Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ya I will but need all info first hehe, I bet there is atleast 1 dussin books not on the list still.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SoulSlayer
theres a skill book in the burnt chapel where you go to rescue that bandit guy after he unlocks the door head straight across and look on the wall to the left hit the switch thing and then the skill book is on the floor in the room

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
theres a skill book in the burnt chapel where you go to rescue that bandit guy after he unlocks the door head straight across and look on the wall to the left hit the switch thing and then the skill book is on the floor in the room

It is on the list.

3. Broken Valley, Secret Passage, Secret room with pressure plate, behind big spiderweb.

old hand
old hand
Slight updates on dragon skill book.

One can be found in stone greenery in stone flying fortress. Defeating Xanlosch the necromancer and Stone himself will provide you 1 dragon skill book each from their loot bag.

D
stranger
stranger
D
>>Broken Valley, Citadel Dungeon, Hanging from a chain, Activate pedestals, then pick the book up.
<<

Can I get a real slow, real careful description of this one, please?

I've spent 30 minutes in that room, and just no clue where the book is.

I activate the pedestals...no chains seem to stand out. I trigger the button, and 4 chains drop down...each has an item (sword, shield, armor, mace)...but no book.

Squinting and squinting and SQUINTING my eyes doesn't reveal any books hiding in any of the cages hanging from chains, and I don't see any chains in the next room past this one.

Thanks for the slow-witted.

The book is located near where you entered. It's somewhat hidden in the nearby corner behind some debris.

old hand
old hand
After you drop the chains, dont pick any of the weapons. Instead go back the the earlier section of the room where you fight the ghost, then you will see a skill book available there.

You can refer to this topic if you still cant find it Skill Book at the Ceiling

enthusiast
enthusiast
i had the same problem locating that skillbook...tok me FOREVER...but it is right in the corner behind the column where you first dropped in, hanging on a chain... AFTER youve activated the 2 pedestals of course smile

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
veteran
veteran
Mephasm, great FAQ

- On Sentinal Island, take Turgoyn's quest: "Legend of the Ancient Mariner". After the Battle Tower, once you can take dragon form, fly to the shipwreck in the tree and get the book. It gives TWO skill points, but you'll fail the quest (but who cares about that guy).

For Stat points:

2. Broken Valley, Daylight Robbery, Mindread Jenae after the robbery for 1 extra stat point.

If you sided with Fillip instead of Jenae, mind-reading him after the robbery gives you an extra stat point, so it doesn't matter which side you chose, you can still get the point, so it should read like this:

2. Broken Valley, Daylight Robbery, Mindread Jenae/Fillip after the robbery for 1 extra stat point.

Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Mephasm, great FAQ

- On Sentinal Island, take Turgoyn's quest: "Legend of the Ancient Mariner". After the Battle Tower, once you can take dragon form, fly to the shipwreck in the tree and get the book. It gives TWO skill points, but you'll fail the quest (but who cares about that guy).

For Stat points:

If you sided with Fillip instead of Jenae, mind-reading him after the robbery gives you an extra stat point, so it doesn't matter which side you chose, you can still get the point, so it should read like this:

2. Broken Valley, Daylight Robbery, Mindread Jenae/Fillip after the robbery for 1 extra stat point.

ok edited it in my new post, please check out that one can't edit it here.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard