Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#402209 17/01/10 12:49 PM
-Elena- Offline OP
OP Offline
First of all, sorry if I make mistakes in my English.

Secondly, I want to thank everybody at Larian for making such amazing games!

A few years ago I was in a store to buy a game, first one in my life because I gained a gift certificate/coupon for my birthday. I choose one, but I had 3 euro’s left, so I searched for a game that would have that price. There I saw it, Divine Divinity, for just 2,50 euro’s. It was in my room for a few months when I suddenly decided to give it a try. It was an amazing experience and I’ve been gaming since. I tried to find games that could match it, but I never found it, until I heard about Divinity 2. It may all sound sweet and exaggerated, but its true 

I’m reading this forum for over year now, and I was disappointed by the amount of negative comments. About the ending for example. For sure, I was quite angry when I understood what was going on. But then again, it was something that suits Larian, they don’t go with the flow. It makes them unique, and after finishing it for the second and third time, I began to like it (Don’t attack me now :P just my opinion.)

Larian games have something unique, I just could notice the passion and love that has been put in the game. Small details give the game its shine. Big studios, like Bioware for example, they just didn’t had the ‘special thing’. The Graphics of Divinity aren’t perfect, animations could indeed improve, but it is a raw diamond that gave me fun for a lot of hours. Furthermore, I haven’t experienced any bugs until I had a conversation with Harmosa (or something like that?). The game crashed over and over again when I asked her about one thing… but that was the only one.

So I want to thank everybody at Larian, as well as the composer of the beautiful music. Please don’t let negative comments discourage you, because I know that there are a lot of people like me that can’t wait till the next game comes out!
thankyou

stranger
stranger
I think most of the people (on this forum at least) who complain about the ending are people who actually like the game. I believe one of the reasons they feel strongly about the issue is because, other than that, they love this game.

I admit that some of the criticism has been unhelpful ranting but much of it has been constructive. We should never discourage constructive criticism. Getting constructive criticism is how artists learn to improve their craft.

And I agree wholeheartedly about the music.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I really enjoy the game. Found alot of fun in the character system, the combat, the quests, and the environment. The music is cool too. My favorite track place at dragon cliff castle! I absolutely cannot stand the ending, it soured alot of the experience for me.

veteran
veteran
For me it is the truth that I was disappointed about the ending because I loved whole game (before final end) so so very much !!! Except some unfree-to-go-things!!

I'm sure Larian makes this game with passion and love! I play now a second time and it's so addictive! Each time I begin to play, I can't stop!! lol

thankyou to Larian for making such a funny addictive gameplay with beautiful music!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
apprentice
apprentice
Just finished it last night and I found the ending fitting. What a great game it's been! Very different, specially the dragon form thing, and I liked the music too. Count me as a happy customer through and through! Looking forward to Larian's future projects and I wish them all the success they deserve.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Just finished it not 10 minutes ago. One of the be- no, greater games I have played. Fresh-born newbie to the second most powerful thing in Rivellon.

Good ending too. We lost. The "good" guys lost. Looks like the Dragon Knights really did stab the Divine in the back after all...

(replace stab with axe and back with destiny)

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard