Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#402972 20/01/10 04:55 PM
OP Offline
I am in Orobas Fjords (sorry about the spelling). I have the quest to collect the seeds from the tree locations. I know I am supposed to get the first seed from a goblin on the little island with the tree fort on it.

My problem is this : When I first entered Orobas Fjords I started exploring.I landed first on this little island and cleared out all it's inhabitants and looted any chests..... I then found the cave behind the waterfall and got the quests for the seeds......Sooo I went back to this island where I am supposed to get the seed and nothing is there.... I looked in my quest backpack and there is no seed....When you collect the seeds do they show up in the backpack? If it is supposed to be there am I screwed?

Last edited by LordFess; 20/01/10 05:12 PM.

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
old hand
old hand
Speak with the tree on the island.

ACSS #402980 20/01/10 05:21 PM
OP Offline
I tryed to right click on the tree at it's base but nothing happens.

old hand
old hand
If there is an interaction menu appear when you near the tree, means you can interact with it. It will trigger a conversation. If you get the menu but just cant interact with the tree, then there might be something wrong with your game. This small island by default had nothing on it beside the tree, and maybe a chest or two with some breakable barrels or crates.

ACSS #402983 20/01/10 05:28 PM
OP Offline
I will get the new patch and maybe that will help.

OP Offline
Doesn't the tree on the Island have a treehouse built into the top of the tree?

old hand
old hand
The tree house basically has nothing much to do with it, if I recall correctly. Just give me maybe half an hour like that, I go take a peep since I havent actually start that quest also.

ACSS #402994 20/01/10 05:47 PM
OP Offline
kk

old hand
old hand
I just charge into the cave, pick the quests, then fly back to the island, and straight I can talk with the tree with no problem, exactly same as I remember during my first run.

ACSS #403010 20/01/10 06:44 PM
OP Offline
Hmmm....when I get home tonight I will install the 1.03 and see if it will come up.....did you have to click on anything or no?

old hand
old hand
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Are you sure you had 3 seed quests in your quest tab? Did you talk to each dragon statue individually?

Last edited by ACSS; 20/01/10 07:59 PM.
ACSS #403038 20/01/10 08:26 PM
OP Offline
Yes, I talked to them all and it shows tree separate quests for seeds in my log book.

Hmmm Maybe I have allresdy spoken to the tree....Does the tree give you a quest to do in order to get the seed? If so what is the name of the new quest?

Last edited by LordFess; 20/01/10 08:32 PM.

old hand
old hand
Then it might be glitch or something. The quest work flawless for me even in ver 1.0. Try reload to where you havent enter the cave, retake it and retry again.

ACSS #403042 20/01/10 08:34 PM
OP Offline
Check my last post ....I edited with a new realization and question.

old hand
old hand
When you had spoken to the tree, a stupid golbin will automatically appear. Once you kill it, the quest is done for ydragsil. You can mind read the goblin to get an extra malachite gem as well.

Last edited by ACSS; 20/01/10 08:42 PM.
ACSS #403048 20/01/10 08:45 PM
OP Offline
Wow..... I am going back to the statues to see if I have allready given the seed to one of them but I doubt it.

OP Offline
Ok ..... my bad...Sorry for the trouble ....All I had to do was press "E" and the tree spoke with me.I will go ahead and get the patch now so the interaction screen will auto pop up when I get close to something that need interacting with.

old hand
old hand
The interaction work as you mentioned in the older version, pop when you get near objects, item which can interact with. But with latest patch, you need use the cross hair to point/ aim exactly on the object which want to interact, so actually more searching might be needed. Instead of using "E", you can right click your mouse for interaction such as talking to a npc or opening a chest.

ACSS #403289 21/01/10 04:28 PM
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Where exactly do you recieve the quest for " reaping the seeds". I have not found it and it seems a lot of other things are based off you doing this first.

old hand
old hand
When you explore the cave behind waterfall, you will eventually come to a locked door when you see 3 dragon statue in front of the door. Just interact with the statues and you get the quests. Its one of the main quest line.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard