Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#407947 03/03/10 08:44 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

First off a disclaimer, this is not a rant or Securom bash post. I just want to find out more information about the type of protection the game has.

Usually I research a games DRM before I buy it. I attempted to do that with Div2 and found conflicting info. Now that I have the game I've discovered that it has Securom on it. Unfortunately there's not way to tell if this game has the Securom limited activations protection, or if it's just the standard Securom disk check protection.

Question: Does Divinity 2 have limited activations?

If the answer to the above question is yes, how many activations does the game have and is there a revoke tool availible?

Many thanks,

Raven

addict
addict
I'm pretty sure it's just a normal old-school Securom disc check here.

After installing the game (some few weeks ago), the game did NOT ask for a serial code after the first boot-up - the manual doesn't even provide one here. Also, it did NOT even take any time to show the typical trying to "phone home" splash screen like most Securom Internet based DRM games do.

Only thing it cries for when I boot the game - whether I'm online or offline - is the disc, if it's not in the drive.

If you really want to be sure on this matter - if you have another PC, you might want to completely turn off your Net Connection entirely on that PC, install the game on that PC, try to boot the game, and see if it actually boots. If it does boot offline w/ the disc in the drive - there's no phone home process involved here.

EDIT:
A lot of Securom talk in this threa...the terms of the DRM are buried here...?

Last edited by MysterD; 03/03/10 10:54 PM.
Support
Support

It is just a disk check, no activation required.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks Raze and MysterD for your responces hehe.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard