Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#408048 04/03/10 03:56 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just joined the forum as I started the game today on the 360, so far I'm really enjoying it. Any tips/hints would be appreciated.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi, Have you played Divine Divinity 1?? smile if not i think you should. And read everything in the game. (all books and so on)
Save your skillpoint, don't just use them, spend them wisly.

Save the game often!! wink

Since DD1 ^^
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I haven't played Divine Divinity is it a PC only game?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think so, i played it on pc... From that game you get fun historics to understand what happened in Ego Draconis.

And i have heard it's difficult jumping with a console... "Here" is a topic that may help you.

Another tip is to do all side quests, this game is hard if you arn't on the "right" lvl.

Since DD1 ^^
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh I'll do all the side quests NP. I've put well over 600hrs into Oblivion and probably around 400 into Fallout 3. By the way how long will this game take me to complete, doing all the side quests and plenty of exploring?

Depending on how well you adapt personally and your character to the nuances of combat...game-wise, I just got my battle tower(roughly half way), and have logged close to 40 hours...but I have died a lot, or taken slow methodical ways to avoid dying. Gaming dexterity is not my strong suit, and believe me, you'll need it. Probably easier with a controller than a keyboard though.

Last edited by SheaOhmsford; 04/03/10 04:31 PM.

Is reality just a fantasy?
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm not rushing, still messing around practising my combat skills in the arena, picking up 1xp each kill and the occasional bag of gold.

apprentice
apprentice
Here are some helpful topics-

Skill Books/Stat Books/Dragon Skill Books Complete - you generally do not want to miss skill points.

Character Optimization - this topic helped me very much. I never knew putting points in Intelligence could make me a very good Warrior or Ranger. Check this one out.

Help build char - same thing as Character Optimization topic. I was explaining some beginner's stuff to a new player.

I have played both Oblivion and Fallout 3. Though it is a good game, I have a certain disliking for Oblivion because of the leveling system. In that aspect, Divinity 2 offers immense flexibility, and replay-bility.

I hope this helped. Feel free to ask if you need anything more.

If you are still in Farglow (dragon slayer training camp) this can help a lot: Farglow skillbook . Also if you mindread the person at the front gate a key will appear at the fire at the training goblin arena. Then find Tom who is sitting on a bench over the bridge. Go behind some bushes to the left of him and you will find a chest that is opened by the key.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarras112
I'm not rushing, still messing around practising my combat skills in the arena, picking up 1xp each kill and the occasional bag of gold.

Hi, I like your style of gaming... not rushing ... Me too play like you do and take my time .. I play Divinity II Ego Draconis the first time for at least more than 100 hours of gameplay!

If I rushed through this game, many hidden/funny ... aspects and side-quests I would miss, for sure!!

If you wish (I do it and save that game for all new characters if I wish to begin over again!):
you can train in the arena in Farglow until you reach a next level! biggrin After that, make from this a seperate savegame and put it away wink.

Some of my gameplay experience (difficulty: easy) :
I love to use a bow, use a 2-handed sword and use magic laugh ... So I spend in the beginning only points in dexerity, strength AND intelligence ... Later on a little more in intelligence, a little in spirit, but always in dexerity and strength for more ranger and melee Resistance, more conditioning body and indom. will (resistance for some spells), etc ...
Most of the Vitality and Spirit points I take them from equipment or charms.

The only Rangerskill I use (and love) most is "Ranger Stealth"(passive skill!)! I use this also if I use spells like Magic Blast of Missile .... focus on an enemy with my bow and than use magic in combination with shooting arrows (first also use Poison Arrow skill if I have this skill)....
And the two passive skills I love for stronger magic are Confusion and Destruction.

Success wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard