Next Thread
Print Thread
B
b1gtime Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
im stuck in the hall at the part where the paladin memory and i got to save the girl the people here are insane strong and i get killed almost immediately any help,ideas, or a strategy? ty

apprentice
apprentice
potions, lots and lots of potions

apprentice
apprentice
and jumping and avoiding

Support
Support

What level/class are you?

Did you summon your creature, etc, for help or as a distraction?

I need help with a battle (Spoilers)

Welcome to the forum. wave

BTW, if you edit your post in the DD forum, there is a 'Delete Post' button beside the 'Change Post' and preview buttons, which will remove the topic, as well (as long as nobody replies to it). This will not drop your post count.

B
b1gtime Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
warrior lvl 35 but i think i messed up on some of my stats cause i get owned constant and of course i didnt save outside hall -.-

Support
Support

Once you get past the first bit where everyone has a shot at you, you should have an easier time.

Have you lowered the difficulty setting in the game options, if you are not already playing on easy?

I don't know how badly you could mess up your stats. Finishing the game on level 36 I had 39 unused stat points (see here for details: Finished Divinity II? Tell us with which stats).

Do you have any spare skill points you can use to adjust your strategy? Even one point in Life Leech should help, if you don't have it already. Same with Evade and the healing spell (though you may have lots of healing potions).
The walkthrough has a skill list with descriptions and comments on each of the skills.

There is a skill book at the stairs between the entrance corridor and the main room.

What class is your creature? I found mage better than ranger, which is much better than warrior. Anything would help as a distraction, though (use a ghost or demon summon if available).

B
b1gtime Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
forget it i guess it was a good game for awhile i have tried everything i can think of and they own me like im nothing so meh..................guess ill mess with it some other time may have to start over and if thats the case ill sell game back

B
b1gtime Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
well turning down the difficulty helped actuall tyvm

B
b1gtime Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
that was it? wow just......wow frown

Support
Support

Glad you got it. party

You can continue from that point in the add-on (to be released about September), either from an existing save or with a new character.

apprentice
apprentice
yeah what a very anti climatic ending huh XD

its like a big slap of fail to the face lol

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

Glad you got it. party

You can continue from that point in the add-on (to be released about September), either from an existing save or with a new character.

i hope its not a new character...

Support
Support

No, you can continue with your dragon knight (from the hall of echoes there will be a seamless transition into the add-on after the conversation with the Divine and the cutscene with Damian and Ygerna), or you can create a new one (if you don't keep a save, or don't want to use the same build).

journeyman
journeyman
how come everyone dont like ending? o_O for me it was like a fresh breeze of wind after all those games with
good endings
this game is all about twisting the story and that is good :P

"Wisdom outweighs any wealth." Sophocles
Support
Support

I liked the ending. If a sequel is planned anyway (as in this case) you might as well have a cliffhanger ending as a fake happy ending, and then come up with a pretense to undo all the stuff you though you finished in the previous game. It's fairly cliché to start a sequel with an evil apprentice of the former badguy, a cult forming to resurrect him/her, or a revelation that they were just working for an even bigger badguy, etc.

It's not like there wasn't any hint of the ending (Damian was leaving you alive for something). There was discussion of the game during development about moral dilemmas, and designing quests so there wasn't necessarily the classical good and evil choices, just choices and consequences. While the actual quest design kind of fell short of theory (theory not being restricted by time or resources), the plot/ending certainly held true to those design principles.

In your spoiler (not sure that's required)...
don't you mean 'happy endings' rather than 'good endings'?

journeyman
journeyman
well yes and no smile
good ending - bad guys lose, good guys win;
happy ending - this gamehas a happy ending for me and for bad guys laugh

Support
Support

I meant
'good' can have a variety of interpretations; it could refer to the moral value of the ending, whether it was well done, or enjoyable/likable, etc.

journeyman
journeyman
well as i mentioned - i meant it literally laugh

V
stranger
stranger
V
Big suprise! Loved every minute of it and cant wait for the xpac to come out. Bigtime, I took a chr to 24 befor I realized I had my stats/skills screwed up, I started over and very glad I did. This game was definatly worth it.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard