Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#413588 04/06/10 05:11 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello,

Been a while since I've been here. Actually been a while since I've played DD2, bought the game release week (sold out release day) and never got to play it lol.

Is there going to be video game controller support added? Or is it all remaining keyboard only?

Will the English version be released around the same time as the German version?

Last edited by LightningLockey; 04/06/10 05:13 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
I +1 to that, please larian, look into this matter.
THis game would be so much more fun to play with a controller, it just begs for gamepad support!

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
Support
Support

D2:ED already has at least some gamepad support: pc 360 controller help. Maybe the add-on can improve on that, or add a default profile for common gamepads. Until then, if there are limits in direct support there is software to help map functions; Xpadder 5.3 is freeware (later versions are shareware) or someone in the topic above mentioned using Pinnacle Game Profiler (shareware), etc.

Raze #413622 04/06/10 05:34 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm hoping it isn't just for the 360 controller. It fits my hands almost as bad as the N64 controller did. It's why I'll probably be going PS3 instead of 360.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

Any gamepad should work.

I didn't like the 360 controller much the first time I tried it in a store (looking for a new PC gamepad), but the only other options I could find to try locally were worse (very small hand holds). After getting an Xbox, and holding the controller in a more natural way (sitting in a chair, rather than standing at a display) I quickly got use to it, and find it a pretty decent controller.

Raze #413655 04/06/10 09:53 PM
Well, i use a Logitech Chillsream, that`s designed to resemble an XBox controller (there`s a PS look alike aswell).
With D2 ED it didn`t work the right way, the game didn`t recognize the right analog stick, and the left one sometimes would glitch and the character would run off in some direction.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard