Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Support
Support

Have you cleared down the mountain path at the start of the fjords? Rather than take on the level 21 imps right away, there is another beach you can swim to (or fly almost to) with lower level black ring members on it, behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses (which you can ignore in human form).
Did you summon your creature to help with the imps? You shouldn't have too much trouble with them (at least in small groups) at the same level. If you attack the imps with a bow from a distance (even without investing in ranger skills), you should at least be able to do some damage as they approach, and make it easier switching back to melee. Even if you just take one or two before you need retreat in order to heal (level 1 of the healing spell comes in handy, and would help conserve potions), that will mean an easier time for the next attack.

There is a cave if you follow the higher waterfall at the start of the fjords up a little past its source, but the opponents there are level 22.

On Sentinel Island you can teleport to the shrine outside, jump up the rocks and run over to where there are no overhanging tree branches in order to change into a dragon (IIRC you may also be able to find a spot on the path down to transform, or jump off and turn into a dragon before you get too deep into the poison gas). There are probably a few remaining attackers, left when you automatically returned to the battle tower, as well as a few places you can now reach as a dragon.

You can also use your dragon stone to teleport to the throne room, and send your runners for ginseng (etc), malachite ore and diamonds to sell (if you don't need any other enchantment ingredients). Wait until they leave, then exit and return; once fully upgraded (talk to your trainer and enchanter) they should have a pretty good success rate, and you can do this repeatedly to build up alchemy and/or enchantment ingredients.

If you fly out over the water from the start of the fjords, you should see a bunker high in the mountains behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses. That is where you need to get to lower the barrier and disable the shields (there are a couple traders in there, as well, after they surrender).
You can either use a teleporter to get up there (the Camp Sentinel View teleporter, on the west side of the island in the middle of the channel, will bring you to Camp Eagle's Nest, where you can access the bunker) or it is also possible to fly above the anti-dragon shield and drop down in human form, if you find the right spot.

A
Arph Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
yah i already found the bunker i disabled the barier.,

my quest are,, zepelin (i already found 2 zepelin gem dunno how to finish this quest) my enchanter wants me to find his gem in his wrecked ship ive been searching all over fjords for his ship., (HELP?)

help me with quest for my necromancer, trainer, alchemist, and i found blind man he wants me to find gem forgot the name of the gems he wants...

BTW i already killed the blue goblins in the mines,.

Support
Support

There are 9 zeppelin parts total, 3 of each kind, in or near various wyvern nests (one in a treehouse). At least one rudder, compass and crystal is required to get to Aleroth. Here is a map of the fjords (spoilers), showing the rough locations for the 9 parts. Alternately, from the walkthrough,
-Crystal 1: on the tiny island just south of the entrance to the fjords; climb
up the ladder and retrieve it from on top of Yggdrasil

-Crystal 2: on a low cliff east of Camp Sentinel View, across the water from
Camp David

-Crystal 3: on a cliff in the middle of the bend just before the entrance to
Rivertown Gorge [EDIT on the same ledge as a boarded-up cave door]

-Rudder 1: a short ways east of the Camp Freedom teleporter

-Rudder 2: halfway between the Imps' Lair and Camp David

-Rudder 3: on a low southwest cliff near the exit to Rivertown Gorge

-Compass 1: on the cliff directly opposite Rudder 1

-Compass 2: high up above Moor's shack, just northeast of the entrance to
Keara's Flying Fortress

-Compass 3: on a cliff just before the bend on the way to Rivertown Gorge

The gem for Kenneth is near the end of the channel south of the harbour, near a wrecked ship, but no longer in it.

There are a couple malachite gems that can be purchased, and if you reload at malachite veins (save before running your crosshairs over them) you can get up to 4 malachite gems out of each (1 or 2 are relatively easy to get, 3 are possible with a bit of patience or luck, while 4 are quite rare).
There are a couple malachite veins in the well cave in High Hall, in addition to the quest reward (near the end of the cave, off the path to the left, but they can only be found before triggering a cutscene).

From the walkthrough (malachite gem section):
----------------
| Malachite Gems |
----------------

Needed for the best enchants in the game, these rare and elusive gems are
quite precious. While it's near impossible to get all of them in a single play
through of the game, using this list, you should be able to get enough to
comfortably enhance your favorite weapons, armor, and jewelry.

Broken Valley:
-You can buy two gems from Merchant Lamotte in the Broken Valley village.

-The only other gem you can acquire before adventuring in Orobas Fjords comes
from waking up the sleeping trio east of Lovis' tower.

Orobas Fjords:
-On the path leading to High Hall from the Depleted Ore Mine, you encounter a
traveling merchant by the name of Carleton. He sells a malachite gem, but be
careful! At the time of this writing, there is a bug that causes you to be
unable to buy from him if you open trade via dialogue. Click the Trade button
instead and you will be able to buy the gem.

-You receive two malachite gems as a reward for completing the quest 'The
Horror of High Hall'. If you read Beatrice's mind, the reward becomes four
gems, making this the single largest (reliable) source of malachite gems.

-If you read the goblin Charlie's mind while on the quest 'Reaping the Seeds',
a small treasure chest appears in the nest on top of Yggdrasil, and a
malachite gem is inside.

-If you chose Radcliff as your enchanter, you can trade the gem he asks for to
a pair of goblins in exchange for two malachite gems. Doing so will bar you
from ever getting a second upgrade for your workshop, but it's probably worth
the trade off unless you enchant a whole lot and hate utilizing your runners.

Malachite Veins:
The rest of the malachite gems can be found randomly in malachite veins. There
aren't many, and each one isn't guaranteed to have even one gem (though forum
rumors suggest up to four in a single vein). If you save your game before
approaching any given malachite vein, you can always reload until you get more
gems. However, it's probably not worth reloading as long as you get at least
one.

-The first malachite vein you're likely to encounter is in the Depleted Ore
Mine, just past the three pedestals with the red, blue, and dark books on top.
[ED: there are 2 veins here]

-There are two malachite veins near the Patriarch. The first is along the
eastern wall and is relatively easy to find. The second is hidden behind some
rocks on the western wall, very near an empty wagon sitting just in front of
the wooden platform you stand on when talking with the Patriarch.

-The last malachite vein is in the cave opened by the four treasure hunter's
seals. ...and those poor adventurers thought there was nothing of value in
there.

-According to Kein on the Larian forums, there is one more malachite vein in
the Well Cave at High Hall, but a thorough search of the entire cave has
turned up nothing. If you choose to search for it, it's supposedly in the same
room as Zagon and can only be claimed before turning into a dragon.

A
Arph Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
thanks for this help a lot.,

what skill do you recomend for knight??

Support
Support

Your skills look pretty good. I would try to get Bleed up to level 10, and max your weapon expertise. The Potion Efficiency skill isn't really needed after you have the battle tower, as it becomes fairly easy to get healing potions when your runner are upgraded. If you do decide to reskill I don't know if I'd reinvest in it, but I wouldn't do so just for this (I had 1 point in this before the battle tower, figured it would help so put 5 in after I reskilled, realized it wasn't really needed, so didn't bother with it the second time I reskilled, near the end of the game). I maxed Lockpick as soon as possible, though there are no locked chests in the Hall of Echoes, so the second time I reskilled I didn't relearn it.

Level 1 of the Healing skill comes in handy, as would level 1 of Evade (further upgrades don't give as good an effect per skill point).
I put 5 skill points into Mana Efficiency after getting the battle tower, just so I could summon the creature and have enough mana left to heal, or whatever, if required. I don't know if that was necessary, but at least early in the fjords it help venturing in to areas with higher level opponents. Playing again (probably a ranger, rather than duel wielding warrior) I'd neglect intelligence more (unless a lot of mana is needed for Exploding Arrows, or something), so would still max Mana Efficiency.

A
Arph Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
oh thanks., i want to reskill but im lacking of golds.,

i need to put on healing skill., potions are expensive to buy.,

how much do i spend to upgrade my runners?

THANKS A LOT MAN., you helped me a lot.,

Support
Support

Did you mindread Sassan and each of your platform servants? That will give you a few extra skill points to play with until you can afford to reskill.

Skill Books/Stat Books/Dragon Skill Books Complete

To fully upgrade the runners it will cost 42,000 gold (1k + 2k + 4k for the 3 levels of upgrades, for both weapons and armour, for each of the 3 runners. If you don't have enough to do it all at once, start with Tom, and send him out for malachite ore to sell.

Do you not have any loot to sell, etc? I hung on to lots of ok equipment that had charm or enchantment slots, thinking they might become better later, but invariably by the time I had better charms or enchantments, there was also better equipment around, as well. After getting the battle tower I stashed some stuff in the chest there, and sold the random stuff I clearly wasn't going to ever use (I still kept sets, dragon armour, and other stuff I didn't really need).

A
Arph Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
i already mind read them.,

my problem is gold., i sell all my random loots., i need potions to survive.,

my current golds are only 300., where can i get some golds.,

Support
Support

Did you go back around Sentinel Island and finish off the opponents that attacked the battle tower? There are a couple chests to loot, as well, and the book in the boat in a tree that Turgoyn wanted you can read yourself for a couple skill points (that will fail the quest, though you can just not talk to him again).

If you have a few malachite gems, and are not going to use many healing auras on jewelry or level 10 of other enchantments, then you could sell a couple of them. I only used level 9 of most enchantments, since they give almost as good an effect as level 10, but use only common ingredients (healing auras always require a malachite gem, so I only used level 10, being lucking enough to find that formula in the Broken Valley enchanter's cellar).
The blind philosopher wanted 2 malachite gems, so presumably you didn't have any in your inventory (may have put them in the battle tower chest). There are a couple malachite veins in the depleted ore mine, as well as the well cave in High Hall.

Other than that, you could go through any alchemy or enchantment ingredients you have, and sell anything you are not going to need right away (once the runners are upgraded, it will be easy to replace what you need).

If you still don't have enough, try working your way along the path past the depleted ore mine (leading to High Hall and the harbour), saving frequently, so you can reload if you hit a spot where you burn through too many potions (if the imps are too tough, you can fly most of the way there). There are a few places to loot at the harbour (don't know if you could get 14k in order to fully upgrade Tom, but you could get part of it, anyway).

In Bellegar's cave of good and evil choices (entrance on a cliff ledge south of where the path to High Hall turns north east) there is stuff to loot, and the level 23 opponents have a moderate chance of dropping legendary quality equipment. Assuming you are strong enough to handle the combat, you could save before each group of 2 or 3 opponents and reload until you get at least one legendary item from each (or 2, if you are patient).

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hey I'm having a problem with the battle tower and I saw that you gave someone else some advice on it. I have mindread the goblin on the 1st floor and I still can't get past the door on the 3rd level. Any tips? I really appreciate it.

Support
Support

After mindreading the goblin, you need to read the book he was thinking off in the bookcase on the other side of the room (you might need to scroll down the list). After that, you need to go up a level and defeat an opponent to get the key to the chest in the secret room the book revealed, which will give you the name of the demon you need. The door will then be open on the third floor (but finish off everything you want to do in Broken valley and Sentinel Island before going past that point, as most open quests will fail and most NPCs will be unavailable afterwards).

Welcome to the forum. wave

A
Arph Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
HELLO, can you help me., how to kill Barnabus., i already swtih the two levers in t2 t1., but his shield is on., how can i turn it off??

addict
addict
There are 3 levers
find third one

and did you any of you try master herbalist
my fav skill
MAX IT
I had 600+ healing potions
that explain why my mage was unbeatable laugh

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Support
Support

There are 3 teleporters in Barnabus' cave leading to areas you need to explore.
The top one (on a high ledge) leads to a cave with 3 sections (containing the book Igor wants, if you picked him as your necromancer), while the mid level teleporter and ground level one each have a generator that needs to be disabled (to get rid of the shields around the nest and Barnabus). You should clear the top cave before taking on Barnabus, as some people have had trouble with the doors there if they waited until afterwards (opponents could be missing then, but defeating them is what triggers the doors to open).

For the bottom cave, from the walkthrough:
1: leap across a series of falling platforms
2: climb the ladder
3: use the moving platform to access a lever that activates a teleporter
4: Drop down and take the teleporter
5: navigate several more moving platforms, then climb another ladder
6: time your next jump carefully - the next platform also sinks
7: jump from the sinking platform to another moving platform
8: jump up to another teleporter and step inside
9: hop down a series of platforms in the corners of the room
10: flip the lever
11: wait for a moving platform to emerge from by the door, then jump against
the wall and fall onto it. Good kitty.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg

and did you any of you try master herbalist
my fav skill
MAX IT
I had 600+ healing potions
that explain why my mage was unbeatable laugh

smile Next time I take this skill !
I'm curious how less ingredients I need to make all kind of potions in comparison if I didn't put points in this skill !
600 potion, only of healing is very much biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
Arph Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIND OUT THE PASSWORD FOR DOCTOR NEEDLE MAN STORAGE?

Support
Support

After you have the battle tower, Dr Needleman can be found in another location in Broken Valley, at which point he will no longer have his mindread blocking hat.
He will be near the top of Lovis' tower.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard