Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#420039 25/08/10 05:40 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Good evening.
I try to develop fan site about Divine Divinity for Russian.

And I want to create a base of all game's items. I used DAD's Item editor...but it's so slowly to copy item's info from that.

And I need your help to find faster way to get List of all items...

P.S. sory for my English...I was a bad pupil laugh

Solitarius #420045 25/08/10 07:35 PM
Support
Support

All equipment in DD has randomly generated stats, the quality of which can vary based on the character level when the item is generated (when the mouse cursor moves over it, when the alt key is hit nearby or when an NPC's inventory is opened).

If you are trying to get a list of the basic values for equipment, I'm not sure if there is a fast way to get a list of everything, and I don't think anyone has done so.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #420048 25/08/10 07:38 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hm...
But what stats does DAD's Item editor get? x_X

p.s. thx )

Solitarius #420053 25/08/10 07:56 PM
Support
Support

I'm not sure what the initial equipment is that is listed in the items.000 file of a new game. Some of it is just low quality stuff that isn't going to have random bonuses (rakes, pots, etc), just some set damage or armour rating. The rest may be pre-generated stuff the game can just pick randomly to drop, or placeholder data that the game can eventually overwrite as new items are found during gameplay.

There is equipment that is consistently in every game, but the stats are still random.

If you quick save before running your mouse over an item/chest/merchant or hitting the alt key, you can identify the item or trade with the merchant, then quick load to get different stats or inventory. This can be done repeatedly to get the best stats or specific bonuses on an item (save after finding good candidates) or looking for specific items (such as spellbooks or charms) from merchants.

Raze #420055 25/08/10 08:03 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Interesting algorithm...

Thanks for answer =)

oh...one more...
Npc don't changes, I think. That's why we can get list of all game npc from static file. Or I am not right?

Last edited by Solitarius; 25/08/10 08:10 PM.
Solitarius #420060 25/08/10 08:54 PM
Support
Support

You are correct; NPCs are set (and listed in the data.000 file), though they can move around, or enter / leave the game world at certain points. See the following for more details.

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor

Reviving dead NPCs

BTW, it really isn't necessary to reload a lot to get the best possible equipment (the game gets easier as it progresses, anyway). I wasted too much time doing that my first game. Playing again I would limit the number of tries to get something good, and only do so for potentially very good equipment (dragon armour, etc) or at the very beginning of the game, to get started.

Raze #420110 26/08/10 03:51 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
For mage equipment isn't so necessary)

Is it possible to get image from game? Such as icon of npc from dialog form, or image of equipment...

Solitarius #420133 26/08/10 07:25 PM
Support
Support

In the game you can hit CTRL+F11 to create a screenshot in the 'Captures' subfolder, or there are various Screenshot Programs you could use. That topic is fairly old; a couple programs that I saved links for but haven't gotten around to trying yet are Gadwin PrintScreen and MWSnap, or check out some listed here.

I don't know if something like Dragon UnPACKer or Resource Hacker could extract stuff directly from the game files. For DD the music is fairly straightforward to extract (see DD music for a small program to do so), but I don't recall anyone doing something like that for the graphics.

Raze #420282 28/08/10 10:33 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
In this list there are static items) But not all...
How algorithm in the game can understand what is the kind of item. Must be a byte in .data file that responsible it.

Last edited by Solitarius; 28/08/10 10:33 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard