Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by Drachehexe

Dodge would be nice but it doesn't work. I assumed it was one of those things they put in the manual that they wanted to put in the game but it never made it. I would LOVE to be able to have some sort of counter measure to an enemy attack.

For dodging you have to JUMP sideways, press the jump key and either A, or D (one of those, not both) at the same time, your character will dodge by performing a roll. It is implemented, you just have to find it out like me (and I didn't even read a manual).

I know resurrecting old topics might seem weird, but for all people reading this, it might come in handy. So again, there IS dodging in the game.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Ah, but does the dodge function affect that?

Affect what? You dodge by rolling your body on the ground. If you mean if it affects ... well ... dodging, then yes, it does. By dodging you evade shots, missiles and whatnot, but it's about the timing, if you don't time it well, then you get shot, simple as that.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
But dodge is beyond that. Does it do anything significant?

Aside from the visuals (the roll is nice to watch) and the practical purpose of evading shots, no, it doesn't do pretty much anything special.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Maybe I misunderstood - if nothing is invested in dodge, can one do the roll you talked about?

Support
Support

There is a passive skill called Evade, which gives a chance of avoiding melee attacks.
This is independent of the physical mechanic of dodging, which can be actively used to avoid ranged attacks or get away from melee opponents, etc (no in-game skill required; just hit the jump button while moving left or right, in human form).

I don't even know if you can invest in dodge, if it's upgradable like other skills (for example dual wielding and stuff), you start with dodge, you can dodge just like you can jump and there's no jump upgrade (though you can upgrade jump attack, but not the jump itself).

stranger
stranger
Well if you hate it don’t play. I paid 3 bucks for the game and it’s fine.

Originally Posted by Godtering
Well if you hate it don’t play. I paid 3 bucks for the game and it’s fine.

And I downloaded the game for free from some site. It's probably was some advertising campaign from Larian to promote their game.

Divinity 2 was, in my opinion, half baked. Too big project with likely limited resources of the company at that time. It's didn't appese the fans of Divinity games, nether stand out from other games for casual gamers. Even dragon mechanics did't save the situation. But some ingame jokes were funny.

Last edited by Soccer; 02/01/20 04:31 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard