Print Thread
M
Mogir Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hello!

Im new to the forum. I am currently at lvl 34 and i am duel wield warrior.

Im really having trouble with Geshniz since she just one hits me for 1200+dmg which makes it impossible for me to kill her. I've tried so many strategies but they all fail since she one hits me with a spell or something as soon as she see me.

Is there a special trick kill her? Or is there any way to weaken her?

Thanks!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Bump, I have the exact same problem, she's unbeatable.

Same also occurs in Hall of Echoes, Sassan is unbeatable due to an attack that does >1500 damage over the course of a few seconds.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I suggest using a potion. Perfer, the increase to all your armour factor and also drink strength and dex. Also if you have pet, let the pet agro before doing any major damage yourself. Hope it helps

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Cody900
Bump, I have the exact same problem, she's unbeatable.

Same also occurs in Hall of Echoes, Sassan is unbeatable due to an attack that does >1500 damage over the course of a few seconds.

In the remastered version, it seems that the shield charm you pick up in Aleroth reduces boss damage in the Hall of Echoes. Try and see if it works in Ego Draconis.

apprentice
apprentice
What u also can try, is to take the Stun Arrow and see if u can stun her, then Rush Attk her and Thousand strikes with other skills, should bring her down quite some. or if she's got some enemies with her, try to charm some of them, and let them get the most of the damage. Since pets are indeed a huge damagesponge, especially your pet u summon through the crystal skull can get a nice Melee/Magic Resistance with the proper bodyparts.

stranger
stranger
I'm having the same problem. This has got to be a bug of some sort.

I have around 876 hitpoints but she damages me for 890 and I die in a single hit. I absolutely cannot seem to avoid it.

This isn't just difficult...it's downright unfair. I don't mind hard enemies, but this goes well beyond anything in the game so far. It doesn't make sense.

Unless there is a specific trick or strategy that I missed somewhere to beat her, I don't know how I'd ever win this fight.

Support
Support

It is a bug. Do you have the second patch for DKS installed? That will prevent the problem, but I think if it has already happened you may have to send your save in to Larian (support@larian.com) to get it fixed (include a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic).

Lowering the difficulty temporarily should reduce the damage done by Geshniz.
Can you try using Hide In Shadows (or maybe just keep moving; don't recall if there is any cover there), and see if your creature and/or a summon can take her out?

[Not Sure if Bug][Spoilers]Killed Instantly

-RT Offline
stranger
stranger
This problem still needs to be adressed, I just encountered it and it really grinds my gears. She just one shots me and there's bugger all I can do about it.

Support
Support

I gave some suggestions (and a link) above. Having your creature or a summon active can result in them being targeted first, or block an attack meant for you, etc. Leaving this until later may result in it being ok when you return, or at least you will have better armour and can deal damage faster.

In the Developer's Cut release of the game you can load the save in the Developer Mode version and hit F11 to enable god mode until this fight is over.

-RT Offline
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

I gave some suggestions (and a link) above. Having your creature or a summon active can result in them being targeted first, or block an attack meant for you, etc. Leaving this until later may result in it being ok when you return, or at least you will have better armour and can deal damage faster.
Actually it goes the other way: sometimes when the fireball targets my necrosaur, I die instead of him, even if there's a wall in between me and her. "leaving this until later" - like what, forever? I would, if I didn't finally beat her through a lot of save scumming and teleporting away into the Tower.

Last edited by -RT; 13/01/15 03:04 PM.
Support
Support

I meant later as in after that point, and before entering the Hall of Echoes. That has helped a couple of people, and my post was intended to be helpful.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard