Print Thread
#432429 20/12/10 04:33 PM
K
Kyp Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I bought Divine Divinity one month ago, so I thought the release would be fully patched.
A mistake as it was only version 1.29.
Si I found George's killer and killed him. But I have to tell Mardaneus about it. I can't.
Looking for an answer, I download and apply patch 1.34.
But it seems it's too late. I still can't say anything to Mardaneus about George.

Here's my question : is it definitely too late to complete this quest or is there a way to do it ? (besides taking a very old savegame and killing the murderer all over again)

Kyp #432614 22/12/10 09:37 AM
K
Kyp Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Since there's no answer, I take it it's too late for this quest.

But I remember having a problem with The Witcher that I solved by editing my savegame. Is it possible to do the same in Divine Divinity ?

Kyp #432932 24/12/10 05:40 PM
K
Kyp Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I give up.

But I'd still want to have my reward. With a savegame editor, I can give me one level up in restoration, but I don't know what amount of XP I should give me.

I've read somewhere that it depends on the current level. And there I have a problem.

Do all quests give the same amount of XP when your level is constant ?

Kyp #433619 31/12/10 09:06 PM
Support
Support

Did you refuse to get George the Drudanae herb at the start of the game? At least in the unpatched game that will break the murder quest, even if you later bring him his fix.

Did you go through all the speech options with the vampire before attacking? You need him to confess to the murder, and reveal the reason behind it.

A couple people who had problems reporting back to Mardanius were able to do so after he moved to the council hall, later in the game.

Quests do not all have the same experience rewards at the same character level.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard