Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
MarkoBG Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Many times throughout my playthrough of DKS i was wondering if i was ever going to meet commander Rhode in a battle, especially after i killed Marius and the rest. Unfortunately, there was no sign of her until i reached Aleroth, and listened her referring to me as "IT", that is when i thought "yes it has to be now" but no, to my disappointment that guard arrested her.

It was a shame really that i never had a chance to kill her at the end of the game, but then i started FOV and learned that we are on a same mission, and that she has been released from prison, so we have to meet at some point during the game, only to find out that she has been turned to stone by Bellegar. mad

So now i finished the game feeling a bit disapointed, it is unfair really considering the fact that you can kill Marius twice. Pity. =(

Last edited by MarkoBG; 10/02/11 11:47 AM. Reason: Typos...
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
You aren't the only one. I mean i hoped there would be posibility of reconcile with her but she get stoned off-screen with is really unfitting. Shame. sad

Last edited by pall; 10/02/11 01:41 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I was hoping to reprise the immortal line "bugger off, Willy" with its sequel, "bugger off, Rhode." I think I would've enjoyed that far more than any amount of killing her in nasty ways. grin

J'aime le fromage.
C
C
Well, Larian has clarified (in a very old by forum standards post) that she isn't dead. So your wish may happen.

Last edited by candlebbq; 10/02/11 03:12 AM.
old hand
old hand
Using her stone form as decoration in my Battle Tower would've been my preference.

Last edited by virumor; 10/02/11 09:06 AM.
C
C
Best suggestion yet. I like that. Quite delightfully morbid and simultaneously amusing. Almost like an episode of an animate series where you can also imagine the look on her face when she thaws out in the den of the dragon.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I think someone also suggested using her as a novelty coat stand, which I also rather liked.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
I actually didn't want to fight her. The realization that Damian was the true enemy all along, and that she and her order had been unjustly slaughtering dragon knights for decades (not to mention, the Divine not being dead at all) and henceforth that her entire life had been a lie, should be revenge enough. It would probably drive her insane... and possibly drive her to become a villain in a future game.

Last edited by virumor; 10/02/11 03:10 PM.
MarkoBG Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by virumor
Using her stone form as decoration in my Battle Tower would've been my preference.

Hmm yes.. now that you mention it, i think i would rather like that!

But seriously, i don't see anything noble about slayers, bunch of brain washed fanatics who hunt the dragons for all the wrong reasons. I also hate how everyone in DKS calls me slayer and you have to hide behind your silver eyes, then suddenly (in FOV) everyone knows you are a dragon knight and they worship you. I know it may be because you closed the rifts previously but still kind of weird.

I also wish there were more slayers encounters (not just terror patrol), just to give me an impression of being hunted. Of course there is a slayer camp in orbas fjords but they have no idea i am a dragon knight, so i dispatch them just for being who they are. I know that contradicts with what i previously said, but at least i am trying to save Rivelon not just pose around being my stupid self saying how cool i am.

Yeah i hate slayers...

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
It would have been better to use her as a sex slave after you save her from that stone curse

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
...... I know that Rhode is hot and all but......

old hand
old hand
Was actually an interesting surprise to see her frozen in stone. More of a tragedy as there will never be any resolve between the you and her. However in Divinity 3 there might be a way to release her, think of the statue from Divine Divinity where her protector was cursed into being a zombie for fleeing in battle.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I actually didn't want to fight her. The realization that Damian was the true enemy all along, and that she and her order had been unjustly slaughtering dragon knights for decades (not to mention, the Divine not being dead at all) and henceforth that her entire life had been a lie, should be revenge enough. It would probably drive her insane... and possibly drive her to become a villain in a future game.

YEP!

I think we (our main character and Rhode) both got tricked into doing our leaders and their little dirty war hehe.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by MarkoBG

Hmm yes.. now that you mention it, i think i would rather like that!

But seriously, i don't see anything noble about slayers, bunch of brain washed fanatics who hunt the dragons for all the wrong reasons. I also hate how everyone in DKS calls me slayer and you have to hide behind your silver eyes, then suddenly (in FOV) everyone knows you are a dragon knight and they worship you. I know it may be because you closed the rifts previously but still kind of weird.

I also wish there were more slayers encounters (not just terror patrol), just to give me an impression of being hunted. Of course there is a slayer camp in orbas fjords but they have no idea i am a dragon knight, so i dispatch them just for being who they are. I know that contradicts with what i previously said, but at least i am trying to save Rivelon not just pose around being my stupid self saying how cool i am.

Yeah i hate slayers...
I think all the slayers got hunt to extinction because every where I go, i saw corpse of slayers.

or maybe they all fail and only the main character (dragon knight) and Rhode (dragon slayer) left to save Averlon.

I got a speculation for D3. Rhode may be our main character hahaha

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Condor
I think we (our main character and Rhode) both got tricked into doing our leaders and their little dirty war hehe.

I think that whilst that's true, Rhode strikes me as a zealot who's most likely impervious to reason. It'll be interesting to see what happens in D3, but I doubt she'll waver from her convictions, however demonstrably wrong they may be...

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Dragon knight: Come on Rhode i just save you from being stuck the rest of your eternity as a inanimated object, cant you just show a little gratitude?

C. Rhode: I swear to clean this world from your kind Dragon Knight and i intend to keep it.

Dragon Kight: But all our order had made that promise on the assumption that the divine had been killed, just look over there he is waving at us!

C. Rhode: Am not as easily tricked than those simpleton. FACE ME NOW!

Dragon Kight: omg...

Originally Posted by BarrelDragons
Dragon knight: Come on Rhode i just save you from being stuck the rest of your eternity as a inanimated object, cant you just show a little gratitude?

C. Rhode: I swear to clean this world from your kind Dragon Knight and i intend to keep it.

Dragon Kight: But all our order had made that promise on the assumption that the divine had been killed, just look over there he is waving at us!

C. Rhode: Am not as easily tricked than those simpleton. FACE ME NOW!

Dragon Kight: omg...

*C. Rhode with a broken nose.*
*Pwned*

My name is Legion: for we are many.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I still want an RPG with Rhode & the Dragon Knight being stuck together (kind of like in Beyond Divinity, only with the difference that BOTH are "good ones", then, despite all of their animosities against one another), complete with serious and funny banter (like in BG, BGII and in Dragon Age). wink
Every time I think of it I must think of Shakespeare's "Much ado about nothing". wink
An at the very end of the story both should fall in love with one another and marry (in the end scene) ... wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
An at the very end of the story both should fall in love with one another and marry (in the end scene) ... wink

And in the very end scene, Rhode profites of a moment of weakness to assassinate the Dragon Knight mocking, "Haha, you've fallen in my trap!" laugh

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
I still want an RPG with Rhode & the Dragon Knight being stuck together (kind of like in Beyond Divinity, only with the difference that BOTH are "good ones", then, despite all of their animosities against one another), complete with serious and funny banter (like in BG, BGII and in Dragon Age). wink
Every time I think of it I must think of Shakespeare's "Much ado about nothing". wink

i Say that even if the Dragon knight was holding C. Rhode hand from falling into a abyse she would still try to stab him with her free hand. Either she have a personnal stake in this, or the last ritual that we didn undergo is some realy good inductrination.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard