Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
SENIOR CINCO #442086 18/04/11 12:23 AM
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
more random useless loot when completing quests

oranges tomatoes potatoes that sort of think like your gonna pick one of them with your only quest loot option

androshalforc #442095 18/04/11 02:13 AM
OP Offline
lol, I've actually been offered random junk items like a pan. I don't think ED offered things like that. It's also kinda annoying how many quests give way more EXP. When I did Band of Brutes I was surprised to 600 EXP for such a little quest. They amped up the EXP you can get in this game.

30johner #442111 18/04/11 07:21 AM
Support
Support

People had trouble in D2:ED after getting access to the full Broken Valley, so DKS was balanced so you could get a level or two higher by then.

Raze #442147 18/04/11 01:31 PM
veteran
veteran
Also in DKS you can't speak anymore with your Creature like saying "Good Kitty" or something :hihi:

If you choose to never kill any rabbit at all (and wearing no equipment that have Poison Aura - or disenchant it first if you can), you never gonna be surprised & stone dead after a Killer Bunny appear and beats you hahaha

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
30johner #442153 18/04/11 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by 30johner
It's also kinda annoying how many quests give way more EXP. When I did Band of Brutes I was surprised to 600 EXP for such a little quest. They amped up the EXP you can get in this game.

It's true that the XP "value" of each quest has been revised, however the total amount you get from all the quests combined hasn't increased that much, only a little smile

Joram #442169 18/04/11 05:51 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Joram
If you choose to never kill any rabbit at all (and wearing no equipment that have Poison Aura - or disenchant it first if you can), you never gonna be surprised & stone dead after a Killer Bunny appear and beats you hahaha

Yea, but where's the fun in that...lol

BUNNY GUTS! BUNNY GUTS! BUNNY GUTS!

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

SENIOR CINCO #442258 19/04/11 08:28 AM
veteran
veteran
I think one of Divinity II's points is that Quests give so much XP.
Makes it more viable to just do quests, and not force you to farm for XP so much as other action RPG's do.

Sadly enough in FoV the XP for monsters seems severly increased (and quest XP is somewhat the same) without their difficulty, and they respawn, making it vice-versa to what is the case in DKS ED. frown

Hassat Hunter #442281 19/04/11 09:56 AM
old hand
old hand
Respawning monsters in FoV was purely for the players that didn't put enough points in Mindread and hence had a penalty of several thousands of XP for mindreading.

I still remember the very first version of the game, where respeccing was impossible.

Last edited by virumor; 19/04/11 09:57 AM.
virumor #442343 20/04/11 05:32 AM
OP Offline
So we really have respawning enemies in DKS? I just managed to get to lvl 35 in ED, but it was SO boring afterwards. The world was empty without any enemies, just a few dozen NPC's that didn't do anything outside of their related quests. Even if its the same few enemies you fight it's still better than nothingness.

I mean if you don't want people farming enemies then just have like half the original # of enemies in that spot respawn and have them give way less or no EXP. At least then you could still fight when you wanted to. I know there were a few places in ED where you could fight limitless foes but they would usually give no EXP after so many kills. But you had to do something to progress out of that area which would also stop the enemies from appearing.

30johner #442353 20/04/11 07:32 AM
veteran
veteran
Nope, just the Flames of Vengeance part.

And I didn't particularly liked having to clean Crow's nest EVERY time I entered and exited a building there (which you'll do a lot if you are questing). So I pretty much just ran past them in the end.
Bit of a pain though with all the spells and attack that stun, paralyze, fear and lock in place since you don't get through too fast frown.

Hassat Hunter #442396 21/04/11 04:24 AM
addict
addict
I don't recall (no surprise there) the creature being this powerful, or being granted the fatality skill for that matter.

virumor #442451 21/04/11 08:35 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virumor
Respawning monsters in FoV was purely for the players that didn't put enough points in Mindread and hence had a penalty of several thousands of XP for mindreading.

Why didn't I reply to this yet?

Poetic justice to those who call the mind read skill useless! Alas... now we have to live with annoying respawning monsters when revisiting areas and too much XP instead frown.

Hassat Hunter #442880 26/04/11 12:34 AM
addict
addict
Just a note on appearance, the armor and weapons are more metallic looking and look great. IMO no other place shows this quite as well as Keara's FF. Ulthring's armor looks amazing. Razakel's hmr rocks, as it shines in the shadows and obscures that Barney purple.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard