Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#445930 24/06/11 04:08 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
So how are you guys enjoying it? It's been getting a lot of mixed reviews from Dungeon Siege fans. Do I think that they're being way too harsh? Of course. While I'm not particularly fond of the way they've set up the co-op portion of Dungeon Siege III, it's still a very fun single player game, albeit a bit different to what you're used to if you're a Dungeon Siege vet. All said, I'm a fan of Obsidian Entertainment; I know that their games aren't the most polished, but I really loved Alpha Protocol, enjoyed Fallout: New Vegas more than Fallout 3, enjoyed KOTOR II more than KOTOR, and now I'm liking Dungeon Siege III a lot. It's an enjoyable dungeon crawler romp, in my opinion. It's not a Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, or a Planescape: Torment, but it's still a very nice hack 'n slash role-playing game.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
I tried the demo, and couldn't get past the controls and camera.

If those issues are fixed in a patch, I might eventually pick it up when the price drops.

old hand
old hand
It's 12 hours according to people and it has no NG+

I'll wait for War in The North for an action-RPG loot grinder. Its campaign (not sure if side quests are included in this add up) is said to be 12 hours long but I think I recall that NG+ was confirmed, plus the characters have more personality and you're always fighting with two by your side and tactics come into play judging by the E3 gameplay walk through, it reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins in some way, the dialogue with characters is supposed to allow you to make dialogue choices too...so RPG set in LOTR = win.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Yeah, I like Snowblind a lot. Can't wait for LotR: WitN.

I do recommend DSIII, though, and they'll be releasing a patch for the controls on PC.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
journeyman
journeyman
I played the demo on my stepbro's PS3 and for a demo it was enjoyable. I wouldn't buy it...ever because it's simply not my style of game. I pretty much need advanced character customization in most of my games now or I just can't get into them. Blame Oblivion, Fallout, Divinity and other such RPGs that have me dive deep into them. I was using the flame chick, though her name escapes me and the game was rather simple and fun and I would recommend it to people who enjoy hack and slash loot games, but I don't.

I maxed out the firewall type spell in the area that heals you, and also got the Demon Dog. Nothing could touch me. I saved some warrior in a cave and that's about as far as I made it before deciding to play Demon's Souls, haha. xD

I do have to say I really enjoyed the graphics and animations. Mainly in the spells department. From my quick demo I can assume it is a very good game, though not suited to my taste. (:

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard