Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I just bought DKS for 360 and wow, amazing game but it seems it is trying as hard as possible to make me hate it :-/

Just finished getting the battle tower and I am level 19. No real problems of any kind up until this point. I travelled to the Fjord and there is nothing to do close to my level, and seemingly noplace to go :-( The lowest level stuff here is 26-27, which is impossible for me, and also this area is very obnoxious and frustrating because aside from sparse groups of high level stuff, there really isn't anything to do, and there are tons of no dragon zones, and invisible walls, etc. Surely there is something fun to do? What have I missed here?

Really trying to love the game and it has some amazing ideas, and I am really into the story, and right after finally getting the battle tower and the game starts to get good, this happens.

Please help!

Thanks.

Support
Support

Outside on Sentinel Island you can now get to the boat in the tree for the treasure that the guy who moved up by the teleporter shrine requested. You may want to use the item yourself, though, rather than complete that quest. There are a few other things to find outside, as well, and possibly a few opponents left to clear. As you move away from the island the poison fog thins, and you can get down to water level.

If you fly out over the water from the start of the fjords, you should see a bunker high in the mountains behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses. That is where you need to get to lower the barrier and disable the shields (there are a couple traders in there, as well, after they surrender).
You can either use a teleporter to get up there (the Camp Sentinel View teleporter, on the west side of the island in the middle of the channel, on a ledge directly above the left Nest Tower as you approach the cliff, will bring you to Camp Eagle's Nest, where you can access the bunker) or it is also possible to fly above the anti-dragon shield and drop down in human form, if you find the right spot.

If you haven't done so already, there are a few places you can clear in the fjords before dropping the barrier, as well (down the mountain path, a couple beaches, the depleted ore mine, etc).

Welcome to the forum. wave

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask about earlier, but forgot.

I didn't revisit the island immediately after conquering the the tower, but instead set out to explore the fjords. And later, when I did try to go back, the whole island was covered in poison fog. I've not been able to go there ever since, and I guess there would be little point in doing so anyway, since everyone on the island has likely been poisoned to death.

I have not completed the Boat-in-the-tree quest. Nor have I visited the wyverns' nesting place, since I thought it would be far more cool to go there later on, as a dragon ("Hello, small fry!").

Have I lost the opportunity to complete these quests?

/Procrastes

Support
Support

The quest about the boat in the tree needs to wait until after you have the battle tower (same with entering the quarry tower in Broken Valley), so you can still do it. Turgoyn has moved up beside the teleporter, though you may want to read the book yourself, rather than complete the quest (and just don't talk to Turgoyn again, if you don't want to annoy him). You can no longer complete the quest related to the wyvern's nest.
The warning in-game from Sassan before entering the summoning chamber (starting the sequence where you take over the battle tower) is the last chance you have to finish any other quests in Broken Valley or Sentinel Island, trade with merchants, explore most areas, etc.

Outside on Sentinel Island there is some random loot in wyvern nests, as well as something more valuable...
a dragon skill book.
As you move away from the island the poison fog thins out, and you can get down to water level; there is one thing of note to find away from the island, in the direction of the fjords...
the raft Michael was building on the beach in the shipwreck camp; reading a diary you can find on it gives you an achievement.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Splendid! I haven't missed as much as I thought.

But, how do I get airborne outside the Battle Tower? I can't fly over the rim of the terrace in my personal chambers (a pity, since that would have been a neat way of coming and going), and I can't fly to the island from the fjords (once I rule the world, anyone in possession of antidragon barriers will die). And I haven't been able to find a space large enough to accomodate the dragon transformation at the base of the tower - but maybe I just didn't try hard enough...?

/Procrastes

old hand
old hand
you use the Dragon Morph stone, look in your inventory & when your out & about in the Fjords use it & you'll asume your Dragon form. I usually assign it to on of the slots so I don't have to keep going into my inventory to use it, it will be in your key item section.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Sorry, I didn't express myself clearly. I do know how to transform into a dragon. I just haven't been able to do so while on Sentinel Island, since I haven't found a suitable place outside the tower to make the transformation (the spaces among the cliffs have all been to cramped). But I am beginning to suspect that I just haven't been looking closely enough.

And I don't think it is possible to fly overseas to the island, directly from the fjords....?

/Procrastes

old hand
old hand
once you teleport to the shrine outside jump up onto the hill behind the teleport theres an area up there that will allow you to take your dragon form.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Thanks!

/Procrastes

old hand
old hand
No prob happy to help wink

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

Outside on Sentinel Island you can now get to the boat in the tree for the treasure that the guy who moved up by the teleporter shrine requested. You may want to use the item yourself, though, rather than complete that quest. There are a few other things to find outside, as well, and possibly a few opponents left to clear. As you move away from the island the poison fog thins, and you can get down to water level.

If you fly out over the water from the start of the fjords, you should see a bunker high in the mountains behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses. That is where you need to get to lower the barrier and disable the shields (there are a couple traders in there, as well, after they surrender).
You can either use a teleporter to get up there (the Camp Sentinel View teleporter, on the west side of the island in the middle of the channel, on a ledge directly above the left Nest Tower as you approach the cliff, will bring you to Camp Eagle's Nest, where you can access the bunker) or it is also possible to fly above the anti-dragon shield and drop down in human form, if you find the right spot.

If you haven't done so already, there are a few places you can clear in the fjords before dropping the barrier, as well (down the mountain path, a couple beaches, the depleted ore mine, etc).

Welcome to the forum. wave

Thanks so much for the reply! I did find a teleporter and I killed 4 black ring members in a bunker, but there were only two levers and I wa sonly able to disable two of the shields/anti dragon bubbles. All the others are still up :-(

Will try everything else you said, thank you hehe

One last question: Are there more zones after the Fjord? Or is this it until I go to hall of echoes then an eventual fight with Damien? I hope there is lots more content! Thanks again.

Last edited by Chelsea39; 13/09/11 04:58 PM.
Support
Support

There are 3 levers along that wall in the bunker, two over by the desk, and another beside a chest.

Had you let the 2 black ring members upstairs in the bunker surrender, you could have traded with them. They are not great merchants, but I did buy a couple things off them, and sold excess loot there until I depleted their gold.

The anti-dragon shields around the harbour and High Hall can not be removed, so you have to go there by foot (you can fly over part of the harbour shields and transform to drop down).

The fjords is the last major area before the Hall of Echoes, though in addition to caves, etc, there are flying fortresses and you can return to Broken Valley (which is now essentially another flying fortress). After the Hall of Echoes (in DKS or FoV) you will return to Aleroth, which will be opened up.

You will not get to fight Damian until Divinity 3.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Wow so this is pretty close to the end then? Really bummed if so :-/

Right when the game gets amazing there's not much to do and everythings shut off with invisible walls and such, I just feel like there's not much all to explore or do aside from a few boring quests from random people hanging out in mountain caves for no reason in Fjords, lol. I love what the game is about but I just feel as soon as your character really becomes awesome, and you get the battle tower and everything becomes very customizable, it just goes way down hill which is unfortunate. Seems as though there's not much fun at all to do or discover. Barely have found any loot at all in the game too, I thought there was tons more content than this.

I'm in one of the mines having to save after each mob pull because it's so easy to die. If I can keep going I should at least level fairly fast because I'm getting 2.6k per kill.

Oh well wil stay positive hopefully it gets better! Thanks again.

old hand
old hand
You still have the FOV part of the game too after the ED part is complete

enthusiast
enthusiast
There's plenty of things to do in the fjords plus you have the flying fortresses accessible from here. In DKS when you get your dragon form it is about halfway through the game so there's much to see and do yet!

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Cool! Thanks good to know. Does the expansion have a decent amount of content?

old hand
old hand
length wise it will take you about the same time to complete FOV as it does to complete half of ED but the enemys respawn in FOV.

stranger
stranger
yeh, once good enuf level, just go to flying fotresses. plenty fighting/action there :P

Trance is the most sublime, divine, advanced music genre known to man,
representing a quantum leap in artistic creativity analogous to the development
of the frontal lobe in the human brain. having an IQ below 130 renders
one incapable of appreciating, let along enjoying trance.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard