Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I love the game! 5 years or so, I finished the game divine divinity. Technically, I haven't finished it after the 7 council made me go into some area because there was some bug that always send me to a black screen but I could say because of my equipment I could kill the last boss easily haha *I have the armor of larian*. Then, 5 months or so ago I finished Ego draconis and finished all the side quests (except, of course, those quests that are mutually exclusive), collected items that could even obliterate the final bosses (divine and zandalor) at hard and done the recommended mind read. To my dismay, I found out that I was helping the enemy resurrect herself! All the while, I was frustrated on how it turned out. After 5 months or so and after much contemplation, I decided to buy Dragon Knight Saga.

Thanks to some guide and of my first play through of ego draconis, I finished ED under 24 hours with all the side quests complete and recommended mind reads. I was really a book worm on my first play through. You know, reading whatever materials that is new to me (example: history of the damned one, part XX). So, the dialogue options are already fast forwarded as I already know whatever the npc will say and its strange that most of the anti-dragon barrier of the flying fortresses and orobas fjords were already disabled. I could say that my hero is far more better than those written above. Maybe because of the bountiful divine charms compared to the first game and "experience". It's funny how I used "thousand strikes" active skill on the divine once and in full health and he lays dead.

Then, its FoV. I was chuckling the whole time after the cut scene where damian invaded aleroth and mumbling to myself, "Finally! I can have my revenge!". I could assume it was the reason why the expansion was called Flames of Vengeance. I finished the game at a slower pace for the reason of reading all the materials and dialogue available =). At some point, it got tedious because of the repetitive "do this and do that" but the humorous dialogue especially bellegar's rhyming and interesting dialogues like Behrlihn's comments alleviated most of its repetitive flaws. I couldn't make a feedback on the graphics because my computer sucked but I could tell it is great because I was impressed on the shield of aleroth! I liked the cut scene of Zandalor and the mages summoning the shield! haha. Though, I was disappointed to learn that some of the items I got from Ego draconis is already obsolete from the shops in the expansion but I did retain 4 items from it to the end game. I finished the game with this stats, and yeah I'm boasting:

Level 46
Hp - 1727
Mana - 1110
Vitality - 100
Spirit - 93
Strength - 100
Dexterity - 82
Intelligence - 92
Weapon damage - 1351-1473 + 802-841
Melee resistance - 62.07%
Ranged resistance - 55.73%
Magic resistance - 54.91%
Conditioned Body/Heightened Reflexes/Indomitable Will - All @ 75%
Hit Point Regeneration - 3.79%
Mana Regeneration - 0.93%

With those stats, I could literally walk on the poisonous marsh of jake's hideout (the zombie) on hard. I can't sleep though because I still can die from it xD. Also, the reason why I have those stats is to know the description the game will give me whenever I put the cursor on those stats. My divine from the first divinity game couldn't even compare to my dragon-knight! but, sadly, some of the description are downgraded. With those stats, I'm just an incoming rival of zandalor, maxos, and the divine but I am a descendant of some demon or god though haha. I haven't finished the path of freeing Behrlihn but I'm not going to because I want damian dead! hahaha.

Last edited by henryv; 18/09/11 08:46 PM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Support
Support

In Divine Divinity you need the Play CD/DVD in a drive during the Blessing Ceremony and at the end of the game. The no-CD hack, or configuration file edit to skip the intro video, can not handle the cutscene videos played at those points.

In DKS all but one of the anti-dragon shields were removed in the flying fortresses.

Welcome to the forum. wave

henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ahh, I see. Thanks for that tip. I've already forgotten most of the plot of the first game. I might try it out again if I did see one being sold in our country.

Yeah, I've just read about it in the forums. It was fortunate because it was time consuming and annoying removing those barriers.

Thanks for the warm welcome general raze haha :P hope you don't mind that I killed your character on one of the flying fortresses xD.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Support
Support

If you don't still have the CDs/DVD, a remastered download version of DD is available from Good Old Games or Impulse (the primary change being increased resolution support).

henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Haha, Thanks again raze for that. It's like finding a needle within a haystack in buying that game physically xD.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard