Chronicler
M
I'm so hyped for this one! rpg001

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
I tried to play CLoS 1, but also on the lowest difficulty the combat is too difficult for me because it's too fast etc ... I gonna sell this game back soon ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Joram
I tried to play CLoS 1, but also on the lowest difficulty the combat is too difficult for me because it's too fast etc ... I gonna sell this game back soon ...

Too bad that you can't get the hang of it. I did struggle too in the beginning, but now I've finished almost all levels on Paladin (the highest) difficulty. O well, there's plenty of games left, but Lords of Shadow is still one of the best and most beautiful adventures I ever played!

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
A
veteran
veteran
A
I never get it why one would make up a name like "Castlevania". It sounds to me like a mix between "castle" and "Transylvania" -> Vampirism.

It sounds to me like ... "Sheepvania", a game where you herd a flock of vampiric sheep. wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Originally Posted by Joram

Too bad that you can't get the hang of it. I did struggle too in the beginning, but now I've finished almost all levels on Paladin (the highest) difficulty. O well, there's plenty of games left, but Lords of Shadow is still one of the best and most beautiful adventures I ever played!

Well, maybe I expected less, less less combat/battles in an adventure game like this ... wink

I'm happy other gamers like you have fun with this game and MAYBE I give it a second try, but today, I don't have the time to play games that much ... other things like "embrodery & lace" together with my girlfriend keep my busy :hihi:

But the strange feeling that some particles of one or more addictive game is still lurking in my mind don't stop ! They're trying to grab my gamers' mind & soul and use it for their own good : they want me, they want a gamer playing with them, each day more & more !
That's the feeling if a gamer played (maybe too much?) the same addictive game and start to be 'Soul Forged' with that game ! biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Technically LoS1 was an action-adventure game. There was plenty of exploration and puzzles in some levels. I remember several levels just consisting of platforming and puzzles with no fights. I too later completed the entire game on Paladin difficulty and I can certainly say that it was pretty challenging especially fighting Satan on Paladin. Took me 1 hour to beat him on that difficulty.

However with all upgrades brought and unlocked I found that Paladin difficulty later became easier especially with the light magic's whirlwind attack which not only damages enemies in a wide area range but also heals Gabriel at the same time. I've actually beat Satan several times on Paladin difficulty since the first try and it only takes a few minutes each time now.

What was amazing about LoS1 were the environments and how the music fitted so much. The game's story isn't just told through cut scenes and the narrator (Zobek) but also through the levels themselves. As you progress further into the game you feel as though you're getting further and further away from humanity and you even see this as you come to some rather dark fantastic places which IMO references Gabriel losing his humanity at the same time. So asides from the fluid combat, beautifully designed areas and great exploration and puzzles, LoS1 also had a great story going for it. For me the game was 2010's best action-adventure game.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard