old hand
old hand
Was it possible to kill the Patriarch?

virumor #455973 14/06/12 10:39 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virumor

Yes, it was possible, I believe with Poisonous Cloud, not sure.
But he give you something (Quest/Skill) for the Main story in DD, so best not kil him before you get what you need wink

Once I killed him by accident, but after that never again.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #455978 14/06/12 02:06 PM
veteran
veteran
Did you get anything for it?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Wow never expected such a debate. The NPC killing in the Divinity: Sword of Lies offered hardly an xp and caused more problems quest wise. Some NPCs that you kill pretty much end your game so it is best to not save when doing such things. It was more like just something fun to do. Especially casting hell spikes on the NPCs that cannot move.

Then you get the NPCs that can really kick your ass....

That's untrue. I killed everyone in Divinity and still beat the game. Some NPC's like Zandalor cannot be killed due to their importance to the plot. They are even immune to the poison cloud spell. Also killing merchants means that you can loot their entire shop.

Yes. I killed him in my first playthrough:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=447344#Post447344

Stupid blasphemous lizard didn't recognize my character as the deity that he was so my character taught him a lesson.

Originally Posted by Kein
Did you get anything for it?

You get 30,000 EXP.

Originally Posted by Joram

Yes, it was possible, I believe with Poisonous Cloud, not sure.
But he give you something (Quest/Skill) for the Main story in DD, so best not kil him before you get what you need wink

Once I killed him by accident, but after that never again.

You get the Ghost Skill from him but you can level up in that skill without learning it from him anyway which makes him rather irrelevant. By the way, how can you kill him by accident? He has a large HP pool and it takes numerous casts of the poison cloud spell to kill him...

Oh wait...I'm speaking to Jorom - Joram's evil twin - aren't I? When you mean "accident" you mean "on purpose" right?

Last edited by Demonic; 14/06/12 02:16 PM.
Demonic #455982 14/06/12 02:38 PM
veteran
veteran
I believe I make the Patriarch angry for some reason so he start attacking me and I killed him
(by accident : I didn't known he was important, but as you said, not THAT important wink )

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram #455986 15/06/12 07:30 AM
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
But ... but ... you need him to find the Hall of Echoes many years later! You broke the chain of events! Damian wins! jawdrop

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Macbeth #455987 15/06/12 07:43 AM
Support
Support

Level 5 Feign Death... or something.

Macbeth #455990 15/06/12 08:10 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Macbeth
But ... but ... you need him to find the Hall of Echoes many years later! You broke the chain of events! Damian wins! jawdrop

You're right !

If it happen again, I will "Resurrect" him immediately wink

And since the Patriarch is so important to find later on the Hall of Echoes, why the hell we can kill him (by accident or evil twist inside us) and not Zandalor who is also important in DKS !

Why ?

Joram #455992 15/06/12 09:00 AM
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
I don't think they had the DKS storyline in mind already in 2002. wink

I am in blood
Macbeth #455994 15/06/12 10:29 AM
old hand
old hand
MacBeth ! The official company line is that "Divinity inhabitants believe that there are an infinite amount of worlds in an infinite amount of dimensions, with each game played representing one of those dimensions" wink

Lar_q #455995 15/06/12 10:47 AM
Support
Support

Why? Are humans the only ones who can resurrect themselves? (with a variety of techniques and levels of success) That's very dragonist of you...

evil

Lar_q #455996 15/06/12 11:12 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Lar_q
MacBeth ! The official company line is that "Divinity inhabitants believe that there are an infinite amount of worlds in an infinite amount of dimensions, with each game played representing one of those dimensions" wink

... And the Raanaar visit them ... wink

... This reminds me of Sir Terry Pratchett's forthcoming book entitled "The Long Earth" ... wink

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 15/06/12 11:13 AM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Oh oh

I'm rusty on company policy and I'm a dragonist to boot!

My head hangs in shame! rpg006

I am in blood
Lar_q #455999 15/06/12 11:27 AM
old hand
old hand
Hm. If it is the prequel, can I afterwards load the final savegame in the first Divinity? wink

Anthea #456004 15/06/12 02:05 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Anthea
Hm. If it is the prequel, can I afterwards load the final savegame in the first Divinity? wink

I never think this is possible, Larian is now using another "engine" for div Original Sin !

Joram #456005 15/06/12 02:50 PM
veteran
veteran

And since the Patriarch is so important to find later on the Hall of Echoes, why the hell we can kill him

Because we are the Divine One. A machine (for the pigs) for ass-kicking with our divine boots.

Originally Posted by Lar_q

Each walkthrough represents one dimension? Interesting, I wish we had stats.

Originally Posted by Anthea

I never thing this is possible, Larian is now using another "engine" for div Original Sin !

Well, someone already wants to remake DD on new engine.

Last edited by Kein; 15/06/12 02:52 PM.
Kein #456049 17/06/12 08:06 AM
old hand
old hand
Different topic, but I didn't want to do a new one, because I think this has already been asked: will there be NPC schedules? (same complexity as Elder Scrolls games have)?

Last edited by Nemisis_Dragon; 17/06/12 08:06 AM.
veteran
veteran
I find it rather funny that you use TES game as an example, and not Gothic which first introduced such kind of schedules (and they are still better than in TES).

As for you question - if I remember correctly, Divine Divinity had something similar to schedule concept (ie merchant didn't want to trade until morning) so yeah, I expect we can see the same in D:OS.

Last edited by Kein; 17/06/12 09:10 AM.
Kein #456051 17/06/12 03:29 PM
Support
Support

You must be thinking of a different game, there were no merchants in DD that closed at night.

Raze #456071 18/06/12 08:55 PM
veteran
veteran
I just re-played the Dragon Knight Saga quest to rescue Anne from General Luxurius, and there were no really evil options, like killing Tom or being able to take the reward for killing Tom and leaving Anne to her fate. It's good to hear that an evil playthrough seems likely.

I do hope that committing evil acts will have a consequence for party member affinity, if the AI member is set to good, but the player is doing evil things, that should decrease affinity between party members, even if they help in combat.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard