Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#463567 22/04/13 12:45 PM
Jaddeth Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
While watching this gameplay I've noticed that the ice elemental has earned exp(3:34). Does it mean that everytime it levels up, the elemental will become stronger, and if so will the player be able to choose stats for the elemental?

Last edited by Jaddeth; 22/04/13 01:13 PM.
addict
addict
Good question.

The ice elemental must get stronger somehow (it's an RPG after all), although I am also not sure how this is handeled in the game.

veteran
veteran
I think that the summons should get stronger automatically with the player. They should not need to be constantly used in every battle to not fall behind. That worked well in Divinity 2. In Beyond Divinity, the summons started out at a fixed level (lower than the surrounding enemies) and didn't gain XP.

Summons are an expression of the character's skill. They should not gain XP, especially since that would reducing the overall amount everyone else gets.

Summons start with no spells, but eventually, as they gain levels, I'd like them to gain some spells of their own so that they're not just for melee tanking. Maybe a ranged attack that uses mana.

Last edited by Stabbey; 22/04/13 03:34 PM. Reason: added antoher thing
journeyman
journeyman
I dont like the idea of summons "stealing" XP from other characters because this is promoting solo gaming. Still smt has to be done with this XP distribution so that solo gaming is going to be minimized.

Jaddeth Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Fanest
I dont like the idea of summons "stealing" XP from other characters because this is promoting solo gaming. Still smt has to be done with this XP distribution so that solo gaming is going to be minimized.

As for me adding an option to turn on xp sharing is the best one. If somebody wants to play solo, he just turns it on, if not every character in the party will earn the same amount of xp.

addict
addict
I'd prefer that you can only summon more powerful elementals if you advance your summoning skill/magic.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dlux
I'd prefer that you can only summon more powerful elementals if you advance your summoning skill/magic.

I agree. Every spell should be based on your stats/skills.

WOOS
Jaddeth Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Summons' stats scaling with player's int stat. Also at certain levels of int the summon will receieve new ability or will have a different skin.

Last edited by Jaddeth; 22/04/13 03:15 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jaddeth

Summons' stats scaling with player's int stat. Also at certain levels of int the summon will receieve new ability or will have a different skin.

Sounds good to me. Or you have to choose if you give a certain skill point to yourself or to your summon?

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jaddeth

Sounds good to me. Or you have to choose if you give a certain skill point to yourself or to your summon?

That will be very cool too ! smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Link Copied to Clipboard