Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Congrats larian!!!! looking forward to the games!

Originally Posted by Kiya-Elle
Congratulations Larian cheer

I'm looking forwards to the Alpha! There's lots of work for all of you to do now, but I'm sure you are up for it.

are you the same Kiya as Kiya from a couple of years ago :o ?

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
stranger
stranger
Hard to believe just a few days ago the kickstarter was around $540K. At least that's what I believe I remember. Checking in how it finished tonight and seeing it shy of 1Mil is so fantastic. Plus the paypal side is still open till May 10th.

Was flipping through my Div and Beyound Div manuals earlier tonight. Bought the Anthology, some months back, but haven't gotten around to installing Div II - Dir Cut.

Grats Larian ... now take a couple days and get some rest!

- Valhalla

The Old Timer's Guild
Kickstarter supporter: The Box Collector+Weresheep support
stranger
stranger
I cannot believe (in a good way) that all the stretch goals were met. Brilliant endgame tactics, and a lot of hard work from community and team.

Cannot wait to play DC and OS, thanks for just being.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by NYCTechy
I cannot believe (in a good way) that all the stretch goals were met. Brilliant endgame tactics, and a lot of hard work from community and team.

Cannot wait to play DC and OS, thanks for just being.

Can't wait to play all 5 games in chronological order(DC->D:OS->DD->BD->DKS) with all the remastered HD games from the anthology and playing with the design tool they're giving us with D:OS. laugh

So yes....thanks for all you do Larian, you guys are amazing.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Morbo
are you the same Kiya as Kiya from a couple of years ago :o ?

I'm afraid not Morbo, I have been Kiya on Steam for over six years and I tend to use either Kiya or Kiya-Elle for most forums but sorry, I've never been active on this forum before the Kickstarter.

My steam id - http://steamcommunity.com/id/kiya/

Sorry for any confusion

Kickstarter memories - The Wierd
*Amanda Restless Weresheep of Sin* laugh
apprentice
apprentice
Congrats on a fully successful kickstarter Larian!

journeyman
journeyman
Congrats everybody party

stranger
stranger
I want to say a big congrats to everyone at Larian. The whole kickstarter campaign was excellent and even though perhaps not everything went to plan (the start) everything was handled so personably. Unfortunately for my pocket I found you guys incredibly endearing - damn you all to hell!

I was first aware of Larian just before Beyond Divinity was released (I somehow missed DivDiv) and I'm sorry to say that after trying the demo I couldn't bare to try the whole game.

So, my first real taste of a Larian RPG was Div2 directors cut which i played only a few months ago. I enjoyed it a lot and although far from perfect it was rather unique.

I then sought out divine divinity. Luckily someone warned me that the Aleroth dungeon wasn't representative of the whole game and I spent many hours enjoying it. I have to say that killing hoards upon hoards of mean nasty beasty things isn't my idea of fun and I had to persevere through various sections but on the whole it was a great game.

... And then about a week after I finished the game Original Sin appears on Kickstarter! And what did I see? Something that looked a lot like divinity but with TB combat! But wait there was more, coop, party dialogue, a stance against dumbing down... And wait, hold on a minute... These guys are trying to out do U7! Boom!

Developers often talk about something being the "game they always wanted to make" and after watching the Matt Chat with Swen it was clear that he and Larian have always been fighting to make that game. It was quite painful to hear all the ways they had to compromise in the past and it must have been extremely wearing. It's pretty amazing that you guys didn't give up. So I want to say thanks to Swen and thanks to Larian for not giving up the good fight.

Original sin looks like it will be excellent... But I think more importantly it looks like it will be an excellent base for future games too.

OP Offline
@DoomGaze: Indeed, it will be a perfect stepping stone for a lot of CRPG sweetness to come, and regardless of cool patches and fantastic expansions, all the mods from the editor will make sure of that. smile

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
stranger
stranger
Just want to say a big congrats to the developers. One of the best kickstarters i have ever been active in. I couldnt wait for updates and the updates where informative and fun looks to me you had a great time making them.

Good luck with the game i know it will be great.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard