Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I pledged additional amount during the last minutes of KS campaign.
I know it roughly takes 1 week to sort out the transactions and allocate your addons, what happens then? When will you get the DD game in HD(or the remastered one already is)? Like steam/gog codes?

And I wonder if the remake using new engine will ever be available to fans?

G
G
It's going to tale longer than that mate I'm afraid.
Usually Larian will get the payments from Amazon in about 3 weeks. This will also give the guys time to take a breather after the last 30 days of crazyness.
Not sure if you backed Torment, but the survey still hasn't gone out
Once that is done they will most likely send out the surveys.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
stranger
stranger
You have to wait. It takes weeks for KS to process all payments and get the list of emails of backers and associated pledge amounts and then it depends how long it takes them to set up a pledge fulfillment site. It might take a month or two but I think it will be up and running before Dragon Commander is released in July. smile

I got the anthology as an addon and given I've only ever played(and loved) DKS out of the Divinity games you can imagine I too am excited to play all the games but I'm willing to wait a few months. I'm actually toying with the idea of playing all the divinity games in chronological order but I have to admit I'm not sure whether D:OS happens before or after DC lol. laugh

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Darth Threthon
I'm actually toying with the idea of playing all the divinity games in chronological order but I have to admit I'm not sure whether D:OS happens before or after DC lol. laugh

Dragon Commander is set before Original Sin.

Now playing: Earthbound | Last Game: The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker HD
MAL | MML
stranger
stranger
I Believe Larian has said:
-Dragon Commander takes place 8000 years before DD.
-D:OS takes place 200 years before DD.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Godot.
I'm actually toying with the idea of playing all the divinity games in chronological order but I have to admit I'm not sure whether D:OS happens before or after DC lol. laugh

Dragon Commander is set before Original Sin.

Perfect then....since I'll likely get the anthology around the same time as DC I can jump right into DC.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Entropy_WoOS
I Believe Larian has said:
-Dragon Commander takes place 8000 years before DD.
-D:OS takes place 200 years before DD.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/452503

You're off by 1000 years. D:OS takes place a bit more than 1200 years before DD.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm the kind of guy have a job that paid well enough, so I just went and bought digital anthology anyway. As a matter of fact, I was willing to dump 29 euro on it directly on larian vault, but some how the credit card paying is messed up, mastercard check doesn't go through properly, and forever in loop(didn't allow me to try a different password.) So, fuck it, I just open Steam and buy it.

The next thing I know after finish download and into the game, is 4:xx AM clock on stove top when I go to washroom. A game that old have so many things to do in it, it's crazy that I didn't even know it existed for all these years.( Quite shameful to claim myself as a hardcore gamer now.)

Now I'm going through manuals and story, holy crap, it actually took time to read. Not some 10 pages standard manual with like only 1 page for introduction and 1 page of controller button layout, the rest is like legal shit that no one reads. It actually is an manual that let you know how to enjoy this game, and I spend like almost a hour on it already( because lack of sleep, and information overload.). Had to check forum to relax a bit and then go back to finish it and the story.

I hope these games and whatever is following don't kill me with lack of sleep. LOL

Now that I get the game already I don't know what to do with my additional 11 dollar pledge, any ideas? I don't really care about weresheep badge, and other digital addons I already had from my 200 pledge.

Last edited by PenguinTD; 27/04/13 07:28 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by PenguinTD
Now that I get the game already I don't know what to do with my additional 11 dollar pledge, any ideas? I don't really care about weresheep badge, and other digital addons I already had from my 200 pledge.

Put it toward a beer fund for the Larian crew smile

I'm just a man smile
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Shane-o
Originally Posted by PenguinTD

Put it toward a beer fund for the Larian crew smile

Or get the badge anyway, doesn't really cost anybody anything extra smile

Though if you don't want to be associated with us, we understand, be that way. We didn't like you anyway, etc silly

But we *will* find you... wink

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
stranger
stranger
You have to wait. It takes weeks for KS to process all payments and get the list of emails of backers and associated pledge amounts and then it depends how long it takes them to set up a pledge fulfillment site. It might take a month or two but I think it will be up and running before Dragon Commander is released in July. smile

So will this pledge fulfillment site also be where you give your input for things like the message in the woods, designing a henchmen, naming stuff, etc. ?

I ask because I donated enough to get a message put on a tree and I have no idea how Larian is going to handle getting that info from the tons of backers who donated enough.

think

When in doubt, just jump out!
G
G
Chunkyman good question. Not sure on if they will ask the information on msg in a bottle and woods through the Larian vault or through the survey.
I would assume they will do it to the survey since they will be asking all sorts of questions like delivery address (for physical goods), t-shirt sizes, etc so everything related with your KS pledge.
Also since they need to know if you need a GoG or Steam key etc.
But don't hold me to that, I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens and give Larian the time they need to sort out how they want to do it.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
Support
Support

Yes, I believe the plan is to get any input required for the tier rewards through the Larian Vault (as well as managing add-ons). They are only allowed to send out one survey through kickstarter, so it would be best to leave that until they need shipping addresses, so they don't end up having to either double check addresses later or deal with people who move before the release date. The creative input will need to be organized earlier than that.

There will likely be a kickstarter update or two before the Larian Vault upgrades are ready.

Welcome to the forum. wave

old hand
old hand
The kickstarter website has instructions on how you can get your digital version of DD or the Anthology if you really want it now. Check the last update, think it is update 38.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
stranger
stranger
Well I hope that those of us who had already used pay-pal to add an add-on, will be able to still get them as they are still linked to the same email account.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The kickstarter website has instructions on how you can get your digital version of DD or the Anthology if you really want it now. Check the last update, think it is update 38.

I have responded to that email as well already but judging by the post Raze made in that comment thread I am now worried that my add-on will not count as I have yet to receive a response to the email. I guess only time will tell, Hopefully there will be a way to sort it out soon.

veteran
veteran
I think that will be ok, but you probably have to wait until somebody has time to sort that out manually.... wink

WOOS
stranger
stranger
Waiting is no problem so long as I know that it is a possible option, then I am more than willing to wait. I really like what I have played of DD so far (I know ill have 2 copys) and the lore and universe is very interesting and I am curious to see where the Larian team takes it from there ( after D:OS). I also have D: Dragon commander Pre-purchased on GOG.

Last edited by Taziel; 06/05/13 11:29 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by LordCrash
I think that will be ok, but you probably have to wait until somebody has time to sort that out manually.... wink

They managed to sort it out for me smile. Thank you Larian.

The digital versions are through LarianVault (so they don't have to pay any fees to GOG or Steam or whatever, and can just give it to you "for free").

And Divine Divinity is identical to the Steam version.

Link Copied to Clipboard