Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Helena L #472422 10/08/13 07:42 PM
Next time, hopefully next time

Helena L #472423 10/08/13 07:45 PM
journeyman
journeyman
awesome ^^ Did they mention the possibility of redoing a fan day next year or even making it an annual thing?

Regnox #472431 10/08/13 08:34 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I don't remember, sorry.

Helena L #472434 10/08/13 08:51 PM
journeyman
journeyman
no problem ^^

Regnox #472543 11/08/13 02:40 PM
addict
addict
Yeah renewing the fanday would be awesome (and I really hope I could come if they do it again !!)
Thanks Helena L for the answers

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Helena L #472554 11/08/13 03:38 PM
stranger
stranger
Indeed, the Fan Day was great fun. And I have to agree with Helena, the quest-designing was very nice; if it'll survive until the actual game is released... well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Some additional snippets of information I seem to recall:

- *maybe* they'll add a player log to D: OS where you can add notes of your own
- almost all of the NPC's can be killed; apparently, we'll be able to finish the game by killing everyone (although obviously you'll miss out on a lot of side quests etc.)
- level cap hasn't been set yet, but gaining a level will always be and feel meaningful
- the environment will *not* scale with the player(s)' level (so exploring can be rewarding yet dangerous)
- originally, D: OS was planned as 4-player co-op; however, they quickly dropped that idea once they realised how much work that would add to the conversations alone...
- each type of animal has some kind of favourite food: mice and rats like cheese, horses and deer like apples, etc.
- if I recall correctly, the release window for D: OS is "Winter" (adding a whole new dimension to the phrase "Winter is coming" wink )
- Swen mentioned something about the Alpha release – that will probably be somewhere in September
- ** warning: small spoilers ** the Messages in the Wood will in fact be engraved in one HUGE tree; otherwise they would have to add close to 20K trees jawdrop ; what's more, this tree will also be the entrance to the Lair beneath the Phantom Forest
- related trivia: Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity *and* Divinity II were originally intended as multiplayer
- apparently, Larian keeps doing "Divinity" prequels because they don't want to release Divinity III yet

And finally, everyone @Larian's was extremely nice! Swen even gave me his phone number so I could give him a ring if my hote;s reception turned out to be closed (that wasn't the case, by the way).

2 + 2 = 5 (for sufficiently large values of 2)
journeyman
journeyman
I'd also love it if Larian did a reoccurring fan day. Misse out on it this year because we already had something planned this year (an anime and gaming convention in England) and a second trip was quite unfeasable at the time. If they did another one I would DEFINITELY go.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
Inanna #472671 12/08/13 08:56 AM
I found the fan day a bit to expensive to be honest (and the date was crap for me). Might have been worth every buck, but still, after pledging for the Divinity Fan tier, i had other needs to spend the money on. :p
Love to see some pics/reports about the fan day though.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Dexyd #472693 12/08/13 12:19 PM
old hand
old hand
Did anyone who visited during Fan day manage to sneak some titanium spikes into the game ? Or at the very minimum a titanium tipped arrow ?

meme #472695 12/08/13 12:25 PM
Someone did try, he ended up with the titanium spikes, processed through the van Arkel-de Boerprocces as chrystal-bar, shoved up his rectum.

smile

Last edited by Dexyd; 12/08/13 12:37 PM.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Dexyd #472697 12/08/13 12:40 PM
addict
addict
Beurk !!!

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Dexyd #472736 12/08/13 07:28 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dexyd
I found the fan day a bit to expensive to be honest (and the date was crap for me). Might have been worth every buck, but still, after pledging for the Divinity Fan tier, i had other needs to spend the money on. :p
Love to see some pics/reports about the fan day though.

Yeah, I upped or tried to up my pledge near the end of the KS but something must've gone wrong, so I didn't have enough for a ticket. Sorta bummed tbh, then again, saved me quite a bit of cash. Still not sure how to feel about missing it :P

Glad you all had fun, maybe I'll make it next year...

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Wow so wish I could've been there but was hanging in trees at that time (accrobranche ftw) in southern France.. I'm very glad that the people that got to go seemed to enjoy themself..and ok i have DC now, and it's awesome..but alpha D:OS will be so wonderfull..

Winter is coming laugh and I like it

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
journeyman
journeyman
hmmmm you might actually have been very close to me ^^ (I live in Switzerland close to the border)

Regnox #472862 13/08/13 04:37 PM
addict
addict
Even closer to me. Are you in the landes forest?

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Chaotica #472914 13/08/13 08:58 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
don't think so, I actually mean centre france (under orleans, so not near switzerland :d)

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
addict
addict
Euh middle-north...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

journeyman
journeyman
oh, well in that case ^^ yup, that isn't really close ^^

meme #473082 15/08/13 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by meme
Did anyone who visited during Fan day manage to sneak some titanium spikes into the game ? Or at the very minimum a titanium tipped arrow ?

Pfft, that's so yesterday.
How about some heat seeking, armor piercing Teflon coated, cyanide coated, explosive, rocket propelled chainsaw arrows? ;p

http://www.motifake.com/pure-epicness-demotivational-posters-21537.html

Last edited by Bearhug; 15/08/13 07:29 PM.

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard