Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello!

I just recently bought TDKS on xbox and haven't been able to put it down! I finished Hermosa's quest and got this Demon Wars book which I read can give you 5 skill points. I click 'use' on the book but nothing happens. Is this a bug? Do I need to take it somewhere? Can I only do it if I choose Kenneth and willingly fail the quest?

I'm at level 32 pretty much pure mage and shredding the competition smile

Some other questions:

Is Ulfring's basically the best set? i.e. will I regret spending my malachites on it for the best enchantments?

I really dig the summoned demon, and have invested some in summon mastery, are the summon undead worth a few points?

Thanks! I'm loving the game and already looking forward to a melee play through.

Support
Support

In DKS the Demon Wars book 'only' gives 3 skill points, rather than the 5 it did in the original release of Ego Draconis.

However, you should be able to read the book whichever trainer you picked, immediately after looting it (or later). If you can send it to the battle tower chest, try doing that and go take it out again.

There are better sets (one for mage, warrior and archer - see the guide below) and unique equipment in the Flames of Vengeance section of the game. However, there are also lots of malachite gems to be had then, as well, if you reload at veins and when turning in certain quests (some give 2 or 5 randome gems in the optional quest rewards, which can be malachite).
At the end of DKS I had 65 malachite gems, using a couple for healing auras and giving up 2 for a quest.

Dragon Knight Saga FAQ/Guide

I didn't use any summons, but I believe the favoured ones are the ghost (for its extra healing particularly in the early game, but it remains effective if you keep it levelled) and demon (from what I've read the best fighter summon).

Welcome to the forum. wave

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
hmm actually, when I 'use' the book, it sort of bugs my game. I can't move (the left stick actually stops working) and there's a loading/saving icon running at the top. The only way to get out of it that I've found is to use the dragon stone to teleport around until it stops. I'll have to assume it's bugged for me for now... ah well.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

In DKS the Demon Wars book 'only' gives 3 skill points, rather than the 5 it did in the original release of Ego Draconis.

However, you should be able to read the book whichever trainer you picked, immediately after looting it (or later). If you can send it to the battle tower chest, try doing that and go take it out again.

Thanks I didn't expect a reply so quickly. I thought about doing that, but the book is in my quest items and I don't get the option, furthering my thinking that I bugged it somehow. I was able to use the potion of wisdom just fine which I guess would have a similar circumstance.

Support
Support

Actually, I couldn't remember if you could send the book to the battle tower. Most quest items you can not (or destroy them), but thought the Demon Wars might be different since you can read it yourself.

If you are playing the game off the DVD, try installing it to the hard drive (if available) and see if that helps with the scene when reading the book. That has helped with a couple cutscene problems (I installed it right away just to cut down on the optical drive noise).

Maybe try it after a cold start of the console. Heat may not be an issue (especially with a consistent problem), but I'm not sure what else you could do differently with the Xbox version. I only had a couple instances with my game freezing, after the Xbox had been on all day.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Digital version, I'll try it again tomorrow. I won't be devastated if I can't use it. I haven't had any technical problems with it so far through 25+ hours or so it's been great. Thanks for the advice anyway.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I went through the rest of the flying fortresses, and decided to try it one more time before I called it a night, and it worked... hahaha Who knows what triggered it.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Isn't the Demon Wars book the one where if you press read nothing will happen until you exit the menu screen? I remember one book doing that.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard