Next Thread
Print Thread
#473455 22/08/13 02:17 AM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I have created a 3D Vision patch for Divinity Dragon Commander, which can be found here: DDC 3DVision Patch. Installation instructions are provided.

Out of the box, this game is really impossible to play in 3D: inside the ship there is lots of visual doubling of images, lights and shadows are wrong, and outdoors on the field the sky, sun, planets are wrong, water reflections are wrong, shadows are wrong, and the fog is wrong. My patch fixes all of this. I also made the reticule dynamic, which is useful when in Dragon Mode for focusing properly on the things you want to blow up. Finally I provide a few convergence presets to toggle between views appropriate for active combat as the Dragon, and overhead management mode.

I am sure there are a few remaining anomalies, but overall the game looks spectacular in 3D Vision. I play on a 100" projector screen and the visuals are stunning, the lighting and shadows at sunset, and flying around as the Dragon is a blast.

I also have a 3D Vision Patch for Divinity 2 on the same site if you like that game.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
good work shame im not nvidia or id check it out frown i use a 3d def ah well

K
stranger
stranger
K
I did everything as described at Helix, but did not work for me.
Seemed to actually make the shadows worse :-(

To bad. The game is great and 3d would have been fantastic on this game.

Last edited by kallekanin; 26/08/13 12:00 PM.
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by kallekanin
I did everything as described at Helix, but did not work for me.
Seemed to actually make the shadows worse :-(

To bad. The game is great and 3d would have been fantastic on this game.

Hi - I updated the installer a while back. Give it another try. This is an unfortunately complicated approach to making this game work in 3D, but's that community modding I guess. A couple of others had issues like you and the new installer approach worked for them.

NOTE - There is a video and screenshots here as well SolutionGaming Divinity Dragon Commander .

Last edited by mike_ar69; 11/12/13 06:19 PM. Reason: Link to video

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard