Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I would like to know: what can we make as a pet? Only natural animals (cat, dog, rabbit,...) or can we make baby-dragon, small demon, ...?

PS: Sorry for my bad English
Hehe, I also noticed, that it is possible to edit now, just as the dialog and the henchman. smile

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
addict
addict
yeah, i would like to know that too! zombie/skeleton pet would be awesome - i love necromancy hehe

Originally Posted by Endre
Hehe, I also noticed, that it is possible to edit now, just as the dialog and the henchman. smile

?

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
addict
addict
Yes, could be nice to know in advance.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
enthusiast
enthusiast
Miniature giant space hamsters? opa

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
addict
addict
I have it classic and took a Black Raven called Nevermore. Those who know Edgar allen Poe will understand smile

addict
addict
I'm just hoping someone names an elemental (or whatever can fit the name) "Sparky". Sadly, I lacked the resources to do it myself.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
+1 to Miniature Giant Space Hamster! laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah I was wondering about the pet too. The vault description makes it sound like just naming a random animal in the world, rather than say an actual pet that hangs out at the shelter plane or something. I'm not really fussed but I'd like to know more about how it will be integrated into the game to help me think of what I'd like.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
enthusiast
enthusiast
What about pinky deathknight as pet?
I would like to see as the pet the........................DRAGON which you should grow and during the time it makes bigger and bigger,older and older

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by James 540
claphands

but for me smile i'm so boring i took a cat in resemblance of my dear tortoise brit shorthair that died just a week before the KS ..

so she can live forever sad

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
+1 for growing animals! smile

It would be nice if the pets would also level and get older. They could gain new abilities, like searching hidden places/treasures, or sensing danger, or 'summoning' other animals to help...
But I wouldn't make them too mighty. It would be boring to have a dragon, a companion, a henchman doing the dirty work... suspicion
But it would be also nice if there is something only to follow you, hiding during combat and come back later.

Will it be possible to talk to this pet? It would be good to write dialogues as well.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
addict
addict
Vault site says that you can only "accommodate if possible" and "customize the animal's visuals to a certain extent". Whatever that means in Detail, maybe some of your hopes are to high, and you might be dissappointent if only existing landanimals with four legs are possible. Not even sure if Birds (thats what i am hoping for wink ) are possible.

enthusiast
enthusiast
We will most probably have to wait for some kind modders for anything elaborate, such as a pet that acts like a companion with dialogue and maybe a unique skill or two. Ooh the possibilities... I wouldn't want Larian to spend heaps of time customising uber pets for so many people anyway, and I'm guessing that the name a pet is really just name a random animal in the world. I do hope we get to choose where it lives at least.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by dwelfusius
Originally Posted by James 540
claphands

but for me smile i'm so boring i took a cat in resemblance of my dear tortoise brit shorthair that died just a week before the KS ..

so she can live forever sad

It`s a really pity about it but I hope it feels itself good somewhere at Heavens and missing for you +(

So about pets
Can you imagine if Lord of Chaos would your pet but at cat or dog form and you don`t even suspect this and one day it goes under controll
of course it impossible and it`s another story=)

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Endre
+1 for growing animals! smile

It would be nice if the pets would also level and get older. They could gain new abilities, like searching hidden places/treasures, or sensing danger, or 'summoning' other animals to help...
But I wouldn't make them too mighty. It would be boring to have a dragon, a companion, a henchman doing the dirty work... suspicion
But it would be also nice if there is something only to follow you, hiding during combat and come back later.

Will it be possible to talk to this pet? It would be good to write dialogues as well.

Is this the... new pokemon original sin? laugh
Catch em sheeps.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I still want to know more or less the limitation of the pets.

PS: Sorry for my bad English
enthusiast
enthusiast
Me too Ovnidemon. My guess is that sometime after Larian returns from their holidays they will give us some more information about filling in all that stuff. At least I hope so. They did warn us they would eventually start to spam us ;-)

Originally Posted by henryv
Catch em sheeps.

Lol. Gotta catch em all.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Robcat

Originally Posted by henryv
Catch em sheeps.

Lol. Gotta catch em all.

yeah let's make them fight laugh

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
journeyman
journeyman
Sorry for resurrect this thread, but I'm still uncertain, what kind of pets are allowed for the Kickstarter Choice

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard