Great game! I'm looking forward to more updates. Here's a couple of suggestions and issues encountered so far:
ADD AS OPTIONS
1. Make the “zoom-In during conversations” an OPTION. Not everyone, including myself, likes the new zoom effect and an option to turn it on or off would make everyone happy.
2. Make the RIP graveyard headstone effect an OPTION. D:OS has great graphics. Why spoil it with some cheesy headstone? The corpses are enough of an indication that something died.
3. Make the sneak bush effect an OPTION. Great crouch effect, tip-toeing across the ground, everything is greyed out when “hiding in shadows”. But then there is a bush moving around inside of houses and shops. The bush is an immersion breaking effect.
1. Make it so the mouse wheel will zoom in and out the view on the world map.
2. Create hot-key remapping for ALL commands. Not everyone plays WASD. (Pretty much an industry standard)
3. Allow primary AND secondary hot-keys for all commands. I may want to have close all windows/open main menu as the ESCape key AND my 4th mouse button. Also, support mouse buttons as hot-key triggers.
4. Increase the number of ability points earned each level or eliminate the linear progression of skill point requirements. It is very difficult to master several skills when each skill level the number of points keeps increasing. 1,2,3,4,5,….. In order to increase my Elemental Fire skill to 5, I had to save points earned this level to add to the ones I’ll get next level so I can have enough to increase it to the next level. I can’t imagine being both a master Fire and Water mage, and master crafter. If the post-alpha cap is going to be higher than 5, this problem is only going to get worse. How many levels will I have to horde ability points until I have enough to get to Fire level 10? Hmmm, that would be 55 points. At 4 points earned per level that would take over 13 levels just to get to level 10 if I don’t put points in anything else. By time I max out at character level 20 I’ll be an awesome Fire mage and suck at everything else. Also once some points are assigned, remove the level up arrow indicator as points currently have to be saved between level-ups.
5. Make the Lockpick skill also Disarm Trap skill, ie. Lockpick/Disarm as they both require finesse and you shouldn’t have to blow up a mine to get past it.
6. Add more loot on NPC corpses, especially crafting materials.
7. (Suggestion) Add alternate variations of items found on corpses depending on how they were attacked:
Damaged by fire, contains “charred” robe, or parchment.
Damaged by electricity contains “pitted” armor and weapons.
Damaged by melee, contains “worn” or “damaged” armor, broken bow, crushed cup, etc.
Damaged by crossbow/bow contains "pierced" items.
8. Damaged items can only be partially repaired using the repair skill in the field:
Only allow X% of weapon or armor durability to be repaired “in the field” depending on the repair skill level. The remainder has to be repaired by a craftsman in a town or by the PC at an Anvil in a town.
A sword has 100/100 durability. After several fights it is reduced to 70/100 and loses 30% of its total damage ability. You have repair skill of 1 and can repair 10% of the damage or 3 points. The sword is now at 73 of 100. That’s not a lot at level 1 repair. If you had put a point into the Grease Monkey talent, you could double your repairs, or repair 20% at level 1 repair, or 6 points of damage. If you were level 4 repair with Grease Monkey you could repair 80% in the field, or 24 of 30 points of damage. The remaining points would need to be repaired by a master smith in a town or city. Once you repaired the item in the field the unrepaired damage could not be attempted for repair in the field again. So the sword would have stats of 94/100/6. If you kept fighting with it and it took another 30 points of durability damage, you could repair up to 87/100/13. The 13 unrepaired points would have to be repaired by a master smith. A level 5 repair could be considered a master to allow full repairs in the field (I’m not sure if there is a skill level cap post alpha.)
1. The Control Option to reassign the IE_ToggleInGameMenu does not work. The reassign dialog box does not open, and the key assignment automatically changes to “o”.
2. Grieving Orc
There was no armor set in the graves after killing the Grieving Orc. I didn't initiate the fight dialog option but after the conversation was over he got a little angry when Scarlett started poking around with her shovel. The grieving orc died and the unearthed orcs that were dug up were empty.
[update] I just read the grieving orcs brothers’ grave is really not marked by a totem and if you choose not to persuade him to show you where his brother is buried, you can never obtain the armor set as the quest is concluded. This goes against being able to solve a quest by different means. What if I tell him I’m not going to look for it, but stumble across a fresh mound and dig there on my own??? That’s the way it should go. And really, if he is THAT upset, he would be sitting right next to his brothers’ grave, and there WOULD be a totem as he said he made one out of wood.
3. Dead orcs bodies are containers. Create a corpse or skeleton container shape for dead corpses. Call it, “corpse”!
4. 7th Level Giant Orc Trooper
further down the beach never fought back. I killed him at range with a fire/water mage, water/air mage and ranger. Madora just stood there looking pretty as she had no ranged combat to use. You would think the AI would respond to being shot and advance or react or something?
5. A level 4 water mage summoned a level 5 Water Elemental. The tool tip says the elemental is capped at the casters level, but it isn’t.
6. Obedient and Independent traits both add to Willpower which is a mage skill. How about something like Obedient adds to constitution, Independent add to Dodge instead? Skills that all class types could benefit from.
7. The Save game time is missing a leading zero. It shows 3:8:10 instead of 3:08:10.
8. The NPCs in the warehouse do not move from where they are standing. They do not react to being picked up by teleport and tossed around like a rag doll. When they take damage from falling just throw a heal spell on them and they will be right as rain. You can toss them right out of the door, close the door, and ransack the warehouse without any opposition.
9. Also in the warehouse, you can blast the locked door until it is destroyed, but the magic lock remains hanging in midair.
10. There is a recipe book in the magically locked room in the warehouse that should be moved elsewhere. Not everyone is going to play the role of a thief and break into that room. Those that don’t will never see the recipes in the book.
11. In the locked room
you can only grab the scimitar by the tip of the blade when it is on the weapon rack. Ouch!
12. You can take (steal) fish from fishing racks, fishing poles from pole racks, can loot containers and baskets at will with no one raising an eyebrow? If the AI can SEE you taking these things they should consider it stealing.
13. Basket type container should have a label of “basket”, not container.
14. The gold prices for items are crazy overpriced. 11 gold for an empty cup? 360 gold for a sash that has no armor or magical attributes?
1. The Blitz Bolt electrify effect and the water elemental ice wall ice surface effects are too overpowered. I stood on one side of a pool of water and cast Blitz Bolt at the surface. As the orcs entered the water they were stunned for several rounds. I was able to recast the Blitz Bolt as soon as the electricity on the waters’ surface dissipated. Either increase the cool down of the Blitz Bolt so the NPCs have a chance to move. Or give the NPCs increasing levels of resistance per round. 5%, then 10%, then 15%, etc. The longer they survive the more they can resist the attacks.
The ice surface is the same way. A water elemental can cast the ice wall on NPCs and freeze them in place. Once the ice wall is destroyed a huge ice surface remains that causes the surviving NPCs to continually slip and fall.
BUMP FOR FIXES!
1. Fix the Star Dust/Pixie Dust recipe.
2. Make it so the containers stay open when opened while in inventory AND they close if you have them opened on the ground and walk away. These should not be mutually exclusive logic states.
3. Can’t remove items and abilities from the action bar. Can only replace them with something else.