Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
veteran
veteran
The bug was being able to use the pyramid to get in at all. There's another way you're supposed to do it - a key.

journeyman
journeyman
Ah! Ok well thanks Stabbey! I'll hunt around then for that key and hopefully it will be nearby! Now I've got to figure out just what use I'll put those pyramids too!

Originally Posted by Tombeatster
I've encountered what I think is a bug and pretty serious in terms of how I can progress in the game. In previous versions I've been able to use the blue pyramid to break into Evelyn's house and advance the story. In the latest version I now get "path blocked" when I attempt to do this.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/561009230880526170/A1322E82431BC9B24541216E9C2DBFBE63A95B1E/

Is this a bug or am I supposed to use another method to get into her house? I've included a screenshot above.

You should not able to throw pyramids through doors or portals, those are bugs that has not been fixed.

S
stranger
stranger
S
- While playing the game co-op it will randomly switch my character to be controlled by my co-op partner. This always happens in the middle of a fight
- When we load in a game, say we are reloading after messing something up or whatever, the game will not load any weapons and armor for the person I am playing with but I see them still.
-When exiting game after prior bug I am unable to launch game for a bit. The error reads 'app already in use' from steam.

Thank you.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Texoru
You should not able to throw pyramids through doors or portals, those are bugs that has not been fixed.

Seriously?

I thought thats what theyre for. What use are they then?

I thought its because they are interdimensional. Pyramids. Possible made by aliens.

Oh right... just to the right from the church-graveyard courtyard entrance, at 396-319, around that first barrel of water... i throw two rains and break the barrel and stand there, in water, fighting them all and then combat ends and two of my characters just rapidly burn to crisps.

I didnt even move.

Originally Posted by Hiver

Seriously?

I thought its because they are interdimensional. Pyramids. Possible made by aliens.

They can be used to bypass surfaces obstacles or to sneak away from enemy's by teleporting all your group to one location. You can do many things with it...

It's technically always was a bug as it could mean lock picking doors and portals are useless in the game. Portals meant to be open with the amulets and locked doors or locked areas and walls cannot be used with the pyramids.

Edit: If they are interdimensional they only should limit to portals or locked doors or magical locks, because lock picking and amulets will be kind of useless than.

Last edited by Texoru; 02/06/14 02:26 AM.
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

Seriously?

I think the purpose of the pyramids is to provide the party a quick way of getting back together, especially during co-op sessions. There are a lot of neat tricks you can accomplish with them, but I would be surprised if they were meant to be tossed through locked doors and the like (assuming your entire party is on one side of said obstacle).

old hand
old hand

They can be used to bypass surfaces obstacles or to sneak away from enemy's by teleporting all your group to one location. You can do many things with it...

It's technically always was a bug as it could mean lock picking doors and portals are useless in the game. Portals meant to be open with the amulets and locked doors or locked areas and walls cannot be used with the pyramids.

Edit: If they are interdimensional they only should limit to portals or locked doors or magical locks, because lock picking and amulets will be kind of useless than.

I was only joking with the inter-dimensional schtick.

I guess i just got used to the wrong way too much. I forgot they were meant to have a less gamebreaking purposes. Actually, i dont even use them when im playing, because it seemed so cheap to throw them through doors and various gates. Not to mention kiting enemies with them.

Will be refreshing to play with them properly.

Bug:

Im noticing my dead characters are regenerating health - all on their own.

Maybe a bug:
There is too many rings with completely same stats popping up - mostly a ring that gives loremaster +1 and telekinesis +1.
I think i got at least a six of those.

And several that are magical but just unbreakable.

There is much less magic rings to be found, which is good but... would be nice if they were more diverse.
Not special and super awesome. Just less clones of that one would be good.

Helmets and bracers with stats could be bit more diverse too.

Boots seem ok more or less.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by dubiouschicken
You can only identify the items in the inventory of the person who spoke to the shopkeeper If you switch to the inventory of another character and try to identify you get the usual dialog about the price but clicking yes does nothing.

This was in the last version. In this version you can identify the item but the gold is taken from the inventory of the character who spoke to the shopkeeper. However, the character that has the item has to have enough gold for the transaction. If he does and the first character has no gold then the transaction is free.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Some Bugs seem to appear only in offline use, especially those crafting bugs such as:
- if you fill a water bucket, you get an empty bucket back in your inventory and a filled one on the ground you can't pick up.
- same thing happens with almost every item-"station" interaction (mobile kitchen, anvil, furnace...), while combining stuff within your inventory works fine (orange juice, dough, arrows..)

never had those bugs before, when i play without an internet connection this happens, what is rarely the case, noticed it today by accident and was confused. ^^

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by MaralDesa
Some Bugs seem to appear only in offline use, especially those crafting bugs such as:
- if you fill a water bucket, you get an empty bucket back in your inventory and a filled one on the ground you can't pick up.
- same thing happens with almost every item-"station" interaction (mobile kitchen, anvil, furnace...), while combining stuff within your inventory works fine (orange juice, dough, arrows..)

never had those bugs before, when i play without an internet connection this happens, what is rarely the case, noticed it today by accident and was confused. ^^

Tbh, I registered to the forums for that exact reason. Just emerged from a 16 hour romp through the beta, and as the avid cook finally found a furnace. But every time I try to cook an item (fish, dough, etc) after the process is done and I get the message in the combat log that I created the item, I get an unclickable version of the finished product in the inventory, and the base material is not used up. But this happened to us in co-op multiplayer.

M
stranger
stranger
M
@Hunvagy,

i just checked last time i was playing was after the new update, but to be honest it may be that i did not try crafting while playing online then (i think i just tried out the new tutorial). i was away for the weekend, so today i played again but without internet connection and this happened to me, so tbh i think my assumption this has something to do with offline use may be wrong, especially because many people are experiencing this.

If this helps, this is a new issue. in previous beta builds, crafting worked fine, but they now added the option to stack items instead of combining them, for example, so they made changes to crafting that may now cause this.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by MaralDesa
@Hunvagy,

i just checked last time i was playing was after the new update, but to be honest it may be that i did not try crafting while playing online then (i think i just tried out the new tutorial). i was away for the weekend, so today i played again but without internet connection and this happened to me, so tbh i think my assumption this has something to do with offline use may be wrong, especially because many people are experiencing this.

If this helps, this is a new issue. in previous beta builds, crafting worked fine, but they now added the option to stack items instead of combining them, for example, so they made changes to crafting that may now cause this.

Well it is a beta after all. Was just a bit disheartening, that after two days searching for an oven (because we are blind, and didn't notice the giant furnace behind the abandoned house) My grandious apple pie wasn't doable laugh But hey, at least I get to talk to Roosters who want to murder us all wink

M
stranger
stranger
M
bug reproduced in Mac Version

once use either spell or scroll "wildfire" on the main character, the game crashed every time on Beta v1.0.80.

please check this, thanks

old hand
old hand
This is not just a bug, but... a condition, that may be a result of a bug or just another similar condition.

Steam arrows work in the exactly same way as fire does in this game. There is no difference at all.
And the damage is as preposterous as that done by fire. It functions in the exact same way. No difference whatsoever.

You, or enemies - get multiple damage hits for every single step taken inside its radius.
+ Once you are burning - every step creates another set of fast hits of damage.
+ it lowers the fire resistances into negative numbers too.

Just as burning with ordinary fire does, regardless of what resistances i had before that. Baring only the resistance of 100 i guess... but i haven't tried that myself.

A ranger with enough steam arrows can go through 90% or more of the beta content - easily.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- Spell availability icon (small red triangle) doesn't take into account 'Elemetal affection'.
The red triangle suggest i can't use 'Minor heal'.[Linked Image]
But i can. AP Cost is 3 and i have 3 AP's left.[Linked Image]

- AP preview in second and third skill bar is still broken.

- Using mouse scrolling to switch the skill bar doesn't work anymore.

- Using the context menu in mode 'shift + right click' locks the shift button. You can recognize this if you use the context menu once and than try to move a stack of items afterwards. It will always try to split the stack even though you aren't holding shift. To unlock shift you have to press it once more and it works again as intended.

- Wool shear doesn't work anymore.

- Shadow essence doesn't work on weapons with crafting (tested with crafting 5 and 6).
[Linked Image]

- If you talk to the zombie troll on the bridge with a companion his usual dialog will be skipped and he doesn't attack afterwards.
[Linked Image]
Want to pass a door with a companion? Too bad doors don't talk to companions![Linked Image]

- Hotkey '9' doesn't work in dialogs.
[Linked Image]

- The evelyn fight is trivial if she can be knocked down.

- Pot Still?
What ever this is, i couldn't pick it up.[Linked Image]

- You can't use 'Ice wall' on enemies anymore because the 'out of sight' mechanic kicks in before you even can cast it.
Tryed to place the ice wall that the enemy is stuck in between.[Linked Image]
But it didn't work cause 'target out of sight' mechanic. [Linked Image]

- Whats the differnce between 'Staff of tempest' from Jahan and 'Staff of magus' from the other characters.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- Digging with a character that has a +1 skill item in his hands makes you loose some of your spells.
[Linked Image]

- Sometimes when moving an item ininside a container it looks like the items gets teleported from far away including a nice little laser beam effect.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

- Knocking down a 'Explosekeleton' (without it dying) on oil surface ignites the surface.
[Linked Image]

- Health bar beneath the character portrait and the health bar above the skillbar aren't always sychnron.
[Linked Image]

- Save game ui with old saves display error
[Linked Image]

- Archers always drop the arrows they could use (if they wouldn't die so fast).
[Linked Image]

- Known food effects don't show up when starting the game and loading a save game. After you quick save/load they reappear.
[Linked Image]

- Some foodbuffs are not shown with active leadership or not at all i am not sure.
[Linked Image]

- Found some bottles inside a wall in the warehouse.
[Linked Image]

- Burning chest path script still interrupts sometimes.

- Switching character in trading window, stills show the equipped items of the character who intiated the trade.

- 'Blitz bolt' still teleports the casting character some meters.

- Mortican escape script broken when the warden is dead (no chance to regular free him after evelyn fight either).

- 'Clobbering time' should drop 100% of the time? It doesn't.

- Journal performance goes down after you open the dialog log.

- Picture from graveyard grave fell through the ground.

- Summons can't delay their last turn.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- 'Vampiric touch' healed even though it did 0 damage.
[Linked Image]

- Serveral persistent surfaces that never vanish like in the sparkmaster cave, the left overs from the light house ghoul, after the graveyard mayhem and others.

- Charm battles seem to ignore the last 1-2 points. If you have 8 or 9 points you automatically win.

- 'Electric mines' labeled as 'Explosive mine'?

Tryed to clear the explosive mines with fireball got stunned.[Linked Image]

- Sarong visual buggy on male charcters.
[Linked Image]

- 'Draw blood' damage and 'Bleeding' effect damage too low low? Atleast not worth 6AP. The effect hit for round about 3-5 damage...

- +1 Tenebrium has no effect?
[Linked Image]

- The guards that support you in the first fight seem to have suicidal tendencies as they don't mind running into ignited surfaces.

- Besides the other bugs with leadership i had a rare case where leadership rank 1 wouldn't vanish for quite some time even though nobody had leadership anymore.
placeholder[img][/img]

- Undead mages shouldn't heal zombies.
placeholder[img][/img]

- Murphey attacked my group after he ran into an oil pit i deployed for the skeleton from the grave. Which is kinda funny because NPC's doesn't give a shit if i cover the whole market with ice and they'll get knocked down.
placeholder[img][/img]

- The exp bar below the skillbar and the exp values from the character sheet aren't synchron always.
placeholder[img][/img]

- If you select containers in an unreachable position, sometimes the character wanders into them but is stuck there afterwards.
placeholder[img][/img]

old hand
old hand
I think exoskeletons ignite flammable surfaces because fire from their ...err... pots touches the surface when they fall onto it.

Unused arrows from archers you manage to kill before they spend them are a nice additional loot. Whats wrong with that? It is appropriate, really.

- Ice Wall definitely cannot be deployed anymore for any obstacle at all. Everything blocks it now. NPCs, enemies, any piece of furniture or scenery. You can only finish its casting if the area youve chosen is completely clean.

I forgot to write that one, good reminder.

H
stranger
stranger
H

- Ice Wall definitely cannot be deployed anymore for any obstacle at all. Everything blocks it now. NPCs, enemies, any piece of furniture or scenery. You can only finish its casting if the area youve chosen is completely clean.

I forgot to write that one, good reminder.

That's weird. I used a summon ice elemental scroll a day ago, and the elementals Ice Wall could target enemies in combat, and it could place the wall on them, freezing them for a few rounds.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard